1. Last year at this time I was prepping recipes for when Emilia would be born and at the beginning of August, I shot an entire Thanksgiving spread! Thinking back now, I have no idea how I did it. Pumpkin isn’t even on my radar.
2. While it may not be on my radar, we are approaching a great time of year with all the SCHOOL SUPPLIES! Gosh, that was my favorite time ever and I would beg my mom to take me school supply shopping. Give me all the pens and notebooks and trapper keepers please.
3. Cutest ever yellow cupcakes with chocolate creme fraiche frosting. Ooooh.
4. Yesterday, I noticed that pottery barn has a pbDORM section on their website where the “dorms” look essentially nothing like a dorm and much nicer than my bedroom that is in my home and I am an adult. Feeling rather old.
5. I absolutely love this video on parenting yourself. OMG. I so need to parent myself! No one is coming to push you. Amazing. Should frame it.
6. So many TV notes. Still very much into The Affair and saw that it was renewed! Eeep, so exciting. Watched the Southern Charm reunions and for some reason, they always feel so “real” to me so I can’t believe we have to wait until April for a new season. Who has watched Sharp Objects? I read the book years ago (it’s probably in a note in a Tuesday Things from like six years ago!) and want to watch it even though I’m petrified. And finally! I started OITNB. As usual, the beginning is kind of slow for me. But I’m powering through. Oh oh also – I watched the Nashville finale after boycotting last year. It was cute.
7. Why can’t we just buy one thing at Target? YEP.
8. Does anyone else feel like old instagram might be coming back where we can actually share real life, because now even stories are so curated? Just me? It’s so BORING.
15 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
#2: I’m obsessed with browsing Target’s school supplies section… glitter glue, sequin pencil case bags, sparkly folders… I’m into it.
#6: Been watching!
I, too, am obsessed with school supplies and still fondly remember my dolphin-printed Trapper Keeper (gonna say that was circa 1987 or so). My daughter is now entering 3rd grade but attends a Waldorf school so there is no need to buy school supplies! It is a particular kind of torture, let me tell you. I bought her a pink glittery binder the other day just because I felt like she was missing an important part of childhood! (We love Waldorf, don’t get me wrong – I just want to buy ALL THE THINGS, too!)
hahah i would definitely do the same. totally would feel like missing out!
During my kindergarten teaching years, I used to adore the Target back to school sales. I would by tons of crayons, markers, notebooks @10 cents each, glue, folders. It was kind of an obsession…one i know I am not completely over because the Target circular for this week activated those “I have to have” feelings once again.
love that nancy!
I love the Parent Yourself video! I definitely needed to hear that today!
Also, I read Sharp Objects a while ago but I didn’t realise it had been made into a series. I’m definitely going to have to give it a watch as soon as possible, although we are currently finishing off Brooklyn 99.
it’s pretty good!!
I read the book Sharp Objects and I’m now watching the show – it’s amazing and very close to the book! The best part about the show isn’t even the acting, it’s all of the amazing soul music and Led Zeppelin! Would 100% recommend. Also – did you ever read Dark Places? Same author – they made a movie but I’m pretty sure it went straight to DVD, also pretty good!
No one pushes you into a Target!! (see that?? Take off on #5.) I love me some Target!! I think they must spray something as your enter the store so it stops your thinking process. Because when you leave the store, you look at your cart and say, “What did i buy??”. I swear things hop into the cart other own.
1. I have NO idea how you were planning and prepping that far ahead while pregnant! So impressive because when I was pregnant I could barely function day to day. At this point I have no idea how it’s August tomorrow. sigh
2. school supplies never get old! sadly my kiddo’s school lets us pay for the entire mandatory set of supplies with registration (which is FABULOUS, only sad because we have zero need to buy any supplies ourselves) I still bought crayons. for myself. she’s (days away from being) 13. I got a hard eye roll
5. ha! ‘parent yourself’. I hadn’t seen this talk, but I feel like I’m constantly saying my own take on this: ‘the magical fairy ain’t comin’ to do it for me, so may as well get it done’ I just remind myself it doesn’t get easier to not take care of the work. sigh
6. The Affair is So. Much. Better. this season! and I’m loving Sharp Objects. dark, twisted and really has that southern gothic feel- following the book nicely. Plus? Great soundtrack!
7. Target has marketing geniuses. for sure. We love Target
8. with my move this summer I’ve been on social media slightly less and HA! didn’t miss it that much because everything has just gotten same same same- that being said I’ve whittled who I’m following and enjoying it much much more now. Would love to see ‘old’ instagram and more ‘real’
yes yes to the parenting!
Omg! Those dorm photos on PB. I’m dying. Like full queen sized bed frames and loft ceilings with beams?! HA!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Best Food Bag