One Pot Peach Basil Chicken.
I’ve got your summer chicken!
Don’t freak out! This one pot chicken is not as scary as it sounds.
Admittedly, when I sent a photo of it to Eddie and asked if he’d eat it for dinner, he was like … well it looks better than it sounds.
And that’s true.
It DOES look better that it sounds.
And it tastes better than it sounds.
I probably wouldn’t order any sort of peach chicken off of a menu without seeing a photo first. Something with peach salsa? Yes. All over that.
But peach chicken doesn’t sound like something that the majority of us would eat.
Look at the golden delicious crispy topping! The mouth-watering sauce. The super fresh garden basil!
That I had to buy because I’ve mostly killed what I planted.
AND. Can you guys believe that this is only the second chicken recipe that I’ve shared this summer? And it’s only the third I’ve shared since April! Mind blowing, considering Eddie eats chicken multiple times per week. And I’m allll about the non-boring chicken recipes – it’s the only way I can do chicken.
This chicken was such a pleasant surprise. I was surprised. Eddie was surprised. He loved it more than I expected. He almost took down this pan on his own – no shock, but still.
Initially, I wanted to do some sort of twist on apricot chicken, the version where preserves are used. I’m all about the sweet and savory flavor combo. I also used sherry wine because it’s just so… rich in flavor. You know? Plus peach preserves? Ooooooh my gosh. I could not get the idea out of my head. It sounded so incredibly delish.
With a combo of dried and fresh basil, fresh peaches and preserves, it makes the best summertime dish.
Oh also! You could totally do this with pork chops too. My mom always makes the best boneless pork chops, but either version could work here. Sear them like you do with the chicken, then bake in the oven until done.
One Pot Peach Basil Chicken
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 peaches sliced
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with the basil, salt and pepper. Heat an oven safe (cast iron or enamel) pot or skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chicken and sear it on both sides until it's golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter.
- Add in the shallots and garlic with a pinch of salt. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the peaches. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add in the peach preserves, wine and sherry, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine everything. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Once simmering, add the chicken back in. Place the pot in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and sprinkle with the chopped basil. Serve the chicken with a spoon for the extra sauce. You can serve this with rice, potatoes, quinoa, grilled bread, you favorite salad - the options are endless!
Definitely need some grilled bread for that sauce.