15 Minute Lemon Parmesan Cauliflower Gnocchi.
Okay this lemon parmesan cauliflower gnocchi may be life changing!
I don’t mean to be dramatic but I’m totally dramatic so I have no other way to say it.
I love cauliflower gnocchi. In fact, I love it so much that I make it from scratch occasionally. You can find the entire recipe and video HERE. It’s super good!
While I’ve never looked at cauliflower gnocchi as replacing regular gnocchi, I still adore it. It can really hold its own – it’s so super good. I love the texture. I even love the flavor, which can take on almost anything.
And the best part is that you can toast it in a skillet – from a frozen state! – and have golden, crispy-edged cauliflower gnocchi in no time.
Then you can toss it with some cream, lemon and parmesan and go to town. I mean the combination is wonderful. Bright, citrusy, rich but light at the same time. A little cheesy – that savory nuttiness from the parmesan shining through.
It is such a simple, easy meal. Again, embarrassingly easy. It comes together in less than 15 minutes. It’s wild.
For me, it’s a fun, super fast and easy weeknight dinner. However, it can also be a side dish. Depends on how much cauliflower gnocchi you have! I find that we need two bags for our whole family if we’re using a frozen version.
Or a batch and a half or so of my homemade version.
And YES let’s talk about the lemon elephant in the room. I know I just shared a recipe with lemon earlier this week. I may even share one with lemon next week too! But it’s just such a great flavor, especially in savory dishes. And I find that it brightens up meals so much this time of year. While citrus is still in season, this is the loveliest dinner to make.
Fresh, bright, but comforting. It’s fantastic.
Now the nitty gritty: there are really only six ingredients here if you don’t count the salt and pepper. There is a bit of heavy cream, and after the cauliflower gnocchi sits, it does soak some of it up in the best way possible. So this isn’t a heavy, creamy dish. There’s such a small amount of cream that it’s really used to mix up the parmesan and lemon zest and allow it to coat the gnocchi all over.
Which is PERFECT.
If you like toasted gnocchi (I’ve always LOVED it, I first made some back 2013!), you’ll love it. The very light sauce is just perfect to hold the crisped texture of the gnocchi. It tastes like heaven! Serve it as a side dish for the family, or have a bowl of it for dinner. All to yourself.
Now just try not to eat the entire pan…
Lemon Parmesan Cauliflower Gnocchi
15 Minute Lemon Parmesan Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 12 ounces cauliflower gnocchi, frozen or fresh/thawed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup cream
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 lemons, zest freshly grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh herbs, like basil or parsley, for topping
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once melted and bubbling, add in the cauliflower gnocchi. It can be frozen or thawed! Cook the gnocchi for 2 to 3 minutes, without tossing, until it gets golden brown on one side. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. You want it golden brown on both sides and by that point, it should be cooked and warm through!
- Pour in the heavy cream, the lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the parmesan. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. The gnocchi will soak up a bit of the cream, but it still adds a wonderful richness and texture to the dish. Top with fresh herbs and serve, with more parmesan for topping.
Toasty, golden perfection!