Grilled Summer Salmon with Chimichurri.
This summer salmon recipe is my favorite! Grilled blackened salmon served with herby chimichurri and a tomato corn salad. It’s delicious and satisfying!
Summer dinner has never been so delicious!
Throw this salmon on the grill and you.are.done.
Make some chimichurri, toss together a quick summer garden salad and everything is right in the world.
Right and delicious.
It’s no secret how much we love salmon over here, and I’ve done plenty of summer versions of it before. This one, however, is loaded with ALL of my favorite things.
So much so that I don’t blame you if you pick just the summer salad or just the chimichurri. Both are so seasonally exceptional and taste like a big bite of sunshine.
However, it’s all so good together too. So if I can convince you to make the entire thing… then yes. Make it.
Here’s what we have going on:
The salmon is covered in one of my favorite at-home spice blends. Since I’m throwing it on the grill, I like to use a piece of salmon that has skin on it. I grill with the lid closed and boom, it’s done. If it’s skinless, I place it on a grill pan and do the same. Works perfectly.
The chimichurri is my favorite that I first made on the blog a decade or so ago. It’s so herby and flavorful. I can’t even explain how often I make this chimichurri. Probably three or four times a month. Eddie ADORES it. We have it on chicken, fish, steak, veggies – seriously everything. It lasts nicely in the fridge for a few days too.
Then the classic summer salad. Think the best crisp corn sliced right off the cob. Juicy cherry tomatoes. Buttery avocado chunks. All tossed with fresh cilantro, lime, lots of salt and pepper. I could eat this straight with a spoon every single day.
I love to serve this family-style, all together on one large plate. They you can just grab and go!
If you want some summer side dish ideas for the salmon, of course it goes great with some simple white rice – the chimichurri is so good on the rice too. But here are a few other suggestions as well… my parmesan orzo, which is fantastic. These crispy smashed potatoes. Or a big thing of garlic bread done on the grill, like this cheesy stuffed garlic bread. You can use some of the chimichurri instead of pesto.
This is definitely weeknight-staple worthy.
Summer Salmon Recipe with Chimichurri
Blackened Summer Salmon with Chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ears of corn, cut from the cob
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- kosher salt and pepper
- a squeeze of fresh lime
- 2 pound salmont filet
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- As a note, make the chimichurri first (or even ahead of time) and the tomato salad right before the salmon! It's also up to you whether you'd like to grill the corn or use fresh. If grilling, throw it on the grill with the salmon! If fresh, slice it right off the cob.
- Combine the parsley, cilantro, oregano and garlic in a food processor and pulse until small leaves and pieces remain. Add in the vinegar and pulse once more. With the processor going, stream in the olive oil and mix until just combined. Stir in a big pinch of salt, pepper and a small pinch of red pepper flakes. Taste and season additionally if needed.
- Stir everything (except the avocado) together in a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Squeeze in fresh lemon. Add the avocado right before serving.
- Preheat your grill to 400 to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the salmon dry with a towel. Stir together the paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle all over the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until it’s opaque and pink. Remove the salmon and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I can just taste it!
6 Comments on “Grilled Summer Salmon with Chimichurri.”
Can’t wait to make this ASAP!! Do you cook the corn first? Sorry that’s a silly question!
Same question…. And wish avocado had been listed in the ingredients…
avocado is listed in the ingredients julia? it’s in the summer salad.
and i do either grilled or raw corn cut right from the cob. honestly it is your preference!
Thank you and sorry about the avocado. I just totally missed it!!
I love grilled blackened salmon and make your “blackened salmon with grilled naan” often! I was wondering how/when you take the skin off after grilling? Or do you serve it with the skin on and people take off on their plates? I always cut the filet into portioned pieces before grilling and do a quick flip on the grill for the last 1-2 minutes and slide the skin off then. Not sure how to flip the whole filet though, lol. Thanks for the help!
I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.