The Best Summer Panzanella Salad
- 1 loaf sourdough bread cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- 3 cups cherry and/or grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn kernels cut from the cob (I like this grilled or fresh! your preference!)
- fresh oregano and basil leaves for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet. Toss them with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are just toasted. Set the cubes aside to cool.
While the bread is toasting, place the halved tomatoes in a colander and set it over a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let the tomato juices collect in the bowl for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing the tomatoes occasionally.
Take the tomato juices and whisk in the garlic, shallots, dijon, vinegar and pepper. Stream in the 1/3 cup olive oil while whisking until the dressing emulsifies. This dressing is amazing!
Place the bread cubes, tomatoes and chopped basil in a bowl. Pour about half of the dressing over top and make sure all the bread cubes are coated. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
Place the bread and tomato mixture on a large plate and add the corn and avocado. Add on more dressing and toss gently. Add a ton of fresh oregano and basil on top and serve!
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg