Crunchy BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 head of butter lettuce or your favorite lettuce!, leaves removed
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- a few fresh radish slices for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
BBQ lime crema
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Place the chickpeas on a paper towel and pat the as dry as you can. Remove any loose skins.
Put the chickpeas on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil or the oil of your choice. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder and toss well to coat. Make sure the chickpeas are in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, toss well and flip, then bake for about 15 to 20 minutes more. I like them super crispy!
Remove the chickpeas and lightly toss in 1 to 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce.
Assemble the lettuce wraps by placing a few chickpeas in the center of the lettuce leaves. Add on the slices avocado, chives, feta and radish. Drizzle with the BBQ crema and add a spritz of lime!
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg