- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon-sized knob of ginger grated
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 ounces beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 carrot spiralized
- fresh basil and cilantro for topping
- lime wedges for garnish
- chopped peanuts for topping
In a saucepan, combine the chili sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, sugar, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice, whisking to combine. Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens a bit, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef with the salt and pepper. Add the oil to the skillet and once it’s hot, add the beef and sear until it’s just cooked through (or done to your desired liking). Once the beef is finished, drizzle some of the peanut sauce over top.
To assemble the bowls, add the spiralized zucchini and carrot into a bowl with the red pepper and brown rice. Top with the beef and the sauce, tossing everything together. Top with the fresh herbs, a spritz of lime and the chopped peanuts.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg