Winter Citrus Butter Salmon
- 1 2-pound salmon filet
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 blood orange thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs basil, oregano, sage, thyme, etc
- pinch of salt
winter citrus salsa
- 1 blood orange segmented and chopped
- 1 cara cara orange segmented and chopped
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat the broiler in your oven to high and set the oven rack about 6 inches below it.
Place the salmon on a baking sheet. In a bowl, stir together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Add the olive oil to make a wet rub. Rub the mixture all over the salmon. Place the blood orange slices on top.
Broil the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque and flakey with a fork. Drizzle with the herb butter and serve with the winter citrus salsa. I also like to eat this on a salad with feta or with a brown rice + quinoa blend!
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg