Winter Avocado Toast, Two Ways
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts, stems removed and shredded
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 oranges, segmented and sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 avocados, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until the fat begins to render, stirring occasionally. Add in the brussels. Toss and stir, cooking until the bacon is crispy.
Thinly slice the avocado and cover the toast with the slices. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. You can also mash it like I do in the video above! Top some of the slices with the bacon and brussels mixture. Add a few parm shavings on top.
Top the other slices with some orange segments and a sprinkle of pomegranate arils. Goat cheese sprinkles on top.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg