30 Minute Cajun Salmon with Salted Lime Butter
- 1 (2 pound) salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne pepper
salted lime butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 lime, zest freshly grated
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Preheat the broiler in your oven to high and set the oven rack about 6 inches below it.
Place the salmon on a baking sheet and brush it with the grapeseed oil. If desired, you can rub it with 1 tablespoon of the lime butter instead (or in addition to, for flavor). In a bowl, stir together the paprika, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, pepper flakes and cayenne. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the salmon filet and press gently to adhere.
Broil the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque and flakey with a fork. Remove from the oven and cover with a few teaspoons of the lime butter. Serve with rice and lime wedges for spritzing.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg