Tortilla Crusted Chipotle Salmon Sliders
- 1 cup tortilla chip crumbs, crushing them in a food processor is the best way to go
- 1 pound boneless salmon filet
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slider buns, I used potato rolls!
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups spring greens or your favorite lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- sriracha, for topping if desired
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
Place the tortilla chip crumbs on a large plate. I blend the tortilla chips first in the food processor, then move on to the salmon.
Add the salmon filet (I cut mine into 4 pieces) to the food processor. Pulse until it is in small pieces but not completely ground up. Remove the salmon and put it in a large bowl. Add the shallot, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, adobo sauce, spices, salt and pepper and parsley to the bowl. Stir in a large spoon to combine then bring the mixture together with your hands. Form the mixture into 8 sliders that are slightly less than 1 inch in diameter – or however many you want so they fit the size of your slider buns.
Press each slider into the tortilla crumbs on the plate. Coat the entire slider and repeat. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the sliders (I do it in two batches) and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You want the insides of the burger to be opaque, so I usually turn the heat down to low and cover the skillet for another minute or two to ensure that they are cooked.
To assemble the sliders, add the greens on the bottom of the bun and top with 1 to 2 tablespoons of goat cheese. Place the burger on top, followed by the chipotle mayo, the avocado and sriracha if you want some extra heat. Serve immediately!
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg