Caramelized Peach Caprese with Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 to 3 peaches, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the peaches with the brown sugar, then add the butter to the skillet. Once melted and sizzling, add the peaches and cook until golden and caramelized, about 3 minutes per side.
To assemble the salad, alternate a peach slice with a slice of fresh mozzarella and a few basil leaves, making a low row or a circle. Sprinkle the salad with the smoked sea salt then drizzle generously with the olive oil and balsamic. Devour.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg