Beer Battered Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound of raw, deveined shrimp
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8-12 butter or bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- sweet chile sauce for drizzling
mango avocado salsa
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- a pinch of salt + pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Add beer and whisk together until a smooth batter forms. Toss shrimp in the batter coat – I did this in three batches.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil. Once hot, add the battered shrimp and cook until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and let drain on a paper towel and repeat with remaining batches.
Add coconut to a small saucepan over medium-low heat, tossing and stirring with a wooden spoon for 4-5 minutes until toasted. Set aside.
TO assemble lettuce wraps, add shrimp with a sprinkle of toasted coconut and a drizzle of sweet chile sauce. Add salsa on top!
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg