Avocado Crab Crostini
- 1 pound of lump crab meat
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 french baguette, mine was about 16 inches long
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a small bowl. Slice the baguette into rounds about 3/4 inch thick. Brush each round with olive oil and lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until baguette rounds are toasty and golden in color. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir with a large spoon until the mixture is combined. Add in lemon juice and remaining olive oil, and continue to mix. The mixture will be somewhat “loose,” but as it sits the avocado will break down a bit and cause a more creamy texture.
Serve in a large bowl with multiple spoons and a plate of the baguette rounds.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg