Dark Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, or all-purpose flour, do NOT use regular whole wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and mix until combined. Using a whisk, stir in the egg, vanilla, melted butter and milk. If the dough still appears too dry, add another tablespoon or 2 of milk. Fold in blueberries and chocolate.
Using an ice cream scoop, spoon muffins into liners. Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through.
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg