Gnocchi with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 pound gnocchi, fresh or packaged
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 pepper, chopped (any color will do – I used red)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons garlic basil butter
Garlic Basil Butter
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, or however much you want
Heat a small saucepan over high heat and add balsamic vinegar. Allow vinegar to come to a boil them immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer until vinegar reduces by half of the amount – about 8-10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon garlic butter. Add chopped peppers, onions and mushrooms and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. While veggies are cooking, boil water for gnocchi and cook according to directions – they only take a few minutes, so make sure the veggies are almost finished cooking.
Drain gnocchi and add to veggies in skillet. Add vinegar reduction and garlic butter and stir to combine. Top with parmesan if desired. Serve and devour!