Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1½ cups minus 1½ tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
Whisk together milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk mixture and food coloring. Mix until combined.
Preheat skillet or griddle on medium heat. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter. Once bubbles form, gently flip and cook for a few more minutes.
Top with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting.
slightly adapted from here
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg