- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- toasted almonds for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray your pan with baking spray or nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, melt the butter and the chopped chocolate. I did this in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time until melted.
Once melted, whisk the sugar into the brownies. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the amaretto and vanilla and almond extract. Stir in the flour, espresso powder and salt. Mix until the batter comes together. Pour the batter in a 9x13-inch pan. I used the 1 quart heart dish, as well as an 8x8 inch square dish.
Bake the brownies for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the center is just set. Remove the brownies and let cool slightly. If you make them in a skillet or want to serve them right in the dish, serve within 10 to 15 minutes and top with ice cream, sprinkles, toasted almonds and melted chocolate,
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Potassium: 0mg, Vitamin A: 0IU, Vitamin C: 0mg, Calcium: 0mg, Iron: 0mg