Update your readers http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Oh, my.

Can we please count the ways that brie cheese can be served?

This one is very festive, and better yet – EASY. Just wait until you see how easy it is.

I start with a small wheel of brie.

IMG_2288

And some store bought cranberry relish.

IMG_2289

Since it is Thanksgiving, you may have some extra cranberry sauce laying around that would make an excellent topper. If you don’t, just buy the stuff in the jar!

The brie gets gobbled up so quickly that I rarely take the time to make cranberry sauce just for the brie. But if I have some extra homemade goodness, I will use that.

I do take the time to fry some chopped pancetta.

IMG_2290

It is sinful and delicious.

And comes in tiny pieces.

So, I eat alot of it. Shocking.

The pecan picture escaped my camera snap, but I use the pre-packaged Emerald Pecan Pie pecans. Have you ever had these?

They are incredible. I can’t stop at one bag, but that’s just me. And, well, you know how I am.

I crushed the pecans in a bag before using. Again, if you happen to have any leftover spiced nuts, by all means, use those.

The brie topped with a layer of cranberry, pancetta, and pecans.

IMG_2295

Cheesy, salty and sweet.

This is basically my Mecca.

I like to serve it with crackers and chips, and of course, the obligatory bread.

IMG_2310

IMG_2312

It is excellent with fruit, too – try it with apples.

Baked Brie with Cranberry, Pancetta, and Spiced Pecans

1 wheel of brie cheese

1/4 cup cranberry relish/sauce

2 tablespoons chopped, fried pancetta

2 tablespoons crushed spiced pecans

Preheat oven to 400.

In a skillet on medium-high heat, fry pancetta until crispy. Remove and let drain on a paper towel. Crush pecans.

Remove brie from packaging. Top with cranberry sauce, cooled pancetta, and pecans. Place on a large baking sheet.

Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes.

Serve with crackers, chips, fruit and bread.

IMG_2311

You can just imagine my excitement over this. Ooey, gooey oozing cheese. It was gone in 5 minutes flat. Maybe less.

IMG_2314

Not only is this brie simple and quick, it is impressing. It looks like alot of work. My husband thought it was store bought since it was so pretty.

Try it today!

Check out my guest post on What’s For Dinner?

28 Responses to “Holiday Appetizers 101: Baked Brie with Cranberry, Pancetta, and Spiced Pecans.”

oatmeal — November 25, 2009 @ 7:27 am

This post is fueling my love for cheese hardcore!
    The brie looks amazing! And I don’t blame you for eating too much of those pecan pie pecans because just the thought of it is enough to make me hungry!

Maria — November 25, 2009 @ 8:09 am

Great appetizer!! MMMM!

natalie — November 25, 2009 @ 8:22 am

yum. how in the world do you have so much time to make all of these lovely things? you are the cooking queen! love all your stuff hun!! i wish i was coming to your house for thanksgiving!!

Evan Thomas — November 25, 2009 @ 8:25 am

Yum! I’m not a cheese fanatic but I have a soft spot in my heart for soft ones like brie

VeggieGirl — November 25, 2009 @ 8:51 am

Stunning presentation!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing — November 25, 2009 @ 8:58 am

Oh my goodness, that looks divine!! Melty brie has to be one of the better foods of all time :O)

Seth @ Boy Meets Food — November 25, 2009 @ 9:03 am

Ooooh, I love warm, melted brie. This looks like a great idea.

Kelly @ EvilShenanigans — November 25, 2009 @ 9:17 am

Yum! I love the oozing cheese! Brie and sweet fruit are so yummy, but add the salty pancetta … I am drooling here!

Melinda — November 25, 2009 @ 9:33 am

OMG looks soooo good. I love brie.

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — November 25, 2009 @ 9:41 am

I LOVE brie and that looks amazing! It is beautiful!

katie — November 25, 2009 @ 9:46 am

great recipie girl!!! gah your thanksgiving is going to have so much amazing food!

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — November 25, 2009 @ 9:52 am

i love brie and cranberry together, what a great recipe! this is such a pretty picture too! did you already make it and serve it like that??

jenna — November 25, 2009 @ 10:06 am

oh wow!!! this looks AMAZING! I’ve never had baked brie (weird i know) but this looks so delicious!

One Healthy Apple — November 25, 2009 @ 10:49 am

I bought brie at TJ’s and I think it already has pecans topped on it. I’ll have to find a way to make mine as pretty!

Barbara Bakes — November 25, 2009 @ 11:32 am

Love the picture of the ooey, gooey oozing cheese! So yummy!

megan — November 25, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

I love baked brie! Perfect appetizer in my opinion :)

Low — November 25, 2009 @ 2:04 pm

I love baked brie so much. That looks fantastic!

Katie — November 25, 2009 @ 2:37 pm

That Brie looks amazing!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Lisa — November 25, 2009 @ 2:50 pm

Oh my that looks WONDERFUL! Cheese is my absolute FAVOURITE food in the workd so I just know this dish will make an appearance at some point :) Thankyou for sharing it :)

tasteofbeirut — November 25, 2009 @ 3:54 pm

I have not enjoyed Brie in so long. I used to eat it when we lived in France all the time (in Melun, they have a Brie de Melun and a Brie de Meau) This is such a festive and luscious way to enjoy it! I bet you don’t want to eat anything else after this!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 25, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

Been wracking my brain trying to figure out a vegan alternative to egg whites on nuts. Think that I am going to try my hand at soaking them in nut milk. Then roasting. Next week’s project.

Happy TG Jessica, you rock :)
    xoxo

Cara (Cara Craves...) — November 25, 2009 @ 4:37 pm

oohhh…it looks so pretty and festive. Nice work :)

rebeccasubbiah — November 25, 2009 @ 4:40 pm

this is an awesome recipe for a get together oh French cheese is heavenly

The Candid RD — November 25, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

Drooling over here. This looks amazing!

Have a great Thanksgiving Jessica!

Bianca — November 25, 2009 @ 10:07 pm

Looks great! I love brie so I’ll have to try this out! Happy Thanksgiving!

Courtney — December 21, 2009 @ 6:51 pm

I’ve been looking everywhere for a good Brie recipe to make for Christmas Day. Have you thought of putting this inside a pastry? That’s the type of recipe I’ve been trying to find, but this looks great, I was wondering if I’d be able to wrap it in dough, what does everyone think?

Hilary — January 23, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

Growing up my mom used to make a wheel of brie wrapped in dough(the frozen kind that is already in a loaf shape and just has to thaw and rise) and bake it the same way, then cut it into wedges like a pizza and enjoy as an appetizer, I bet this would be amazing with the same things going for it! My neighbor also makes something similar, but the entire thing (toppings included) is wrapped in puff pastry and baked, this is called a brie purse! Both ways are fabulous!!

1. Pingback: Italian “Tapas” and Sherry « jimmyprosciutto