Hello friends! :)

We are coming down to the wire with the 25 days of workouts challenge! I will admit that during this busy week, I slacked a bit on my vegetable goal. I hope that some day I will truly enjoy veggies, but for now I must smash them all into a shake in order to get them in.

If any of you made a small change or set some goals, did you stick to them? I really encourage you to write down those goals! Make them real – whether they are about fitness, health, work, or life in general. Once you write down that goal, it holds you accountable – make the change, not an excuse!

With the new year coming, comes the new workout challenge! I’ve teamed up with the brilliant Estela from Weekly Bite to bring you added nutrition information, tips, and goals round the clock! Combined with the No More Resolutions workout challenge, you are sure to reach your goals and maintain them in 2010.

In the next 2 days, I’ll be posting the first round of workouts for No More Resolutions.

You will find:

Workouts for beginners, intermediate, and advanced exercisers

Options for full body workouts, or upper/lower split workouts

Programs for working out 3, 4, or 5 days a week

Once a week plyometric goals

Goal setting

I am so excited to share this program with you! In the meantime, check out Estela’s post on NO DIET’S IN THE NEW YEAR!

Before we run full speed ahead into 2010, let’s end 2009 with some kickin’ workouts. :)

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #23 – BODYWEIGHT BLAST

The gym may not be crowded yet, but just wait until next week – all equipment will be in full demand. If you want to skip the New Year’s rush and do some workouts at home, or if you can’t make it to the gym on New Year’s Day – kick that booty with this equipment-free workout!

Remember – you can always add weight (i.e dumbbells) as needed.

20 step ups – each leg

25 pushups

30 seconds mountain climbers

60 second plank hold

50 alternating lunges (25 each leg)

10 staggered pushups (each side)

60 second bicycle crunches

25 squats

90 second wall sit

20 triceps dips

REPEAT.

What are your non-fitness related goals for the New Year? Mine is to try and keep this darn house cleaner! :)

17 Responses to “New Challenges + Bodyweight Workout”

Mellissa — December 28, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

Mine are short and sweet-

Travel
    New Job
    New Friends

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 28, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

YAY! Love the workout!

My number one non-fitness related goal is to be the best mom I can :)

Julie @savvyeats — December 28, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

I’m excited for the new challenge!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 28, 2009 @ 2:02 pm

I need to find a way to get off my computer. As I sit here and type this. There are some blogs I adore and “Can’t live without” and some emails that are necessary but somehow I need to scale it all back. Waaaaay back! :) Still trying to fig out how though :)

Stef — December 28, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

planks are such a good workout! great variety of exercises to do, won’t get bored!

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — December 28, 2009 @ 3:41 pm

I’m printing out this workout and doing it tonight! Thank you! Do you have any suggestions for what to use for step-ups?

Lauren — December 28, 2009 @ 4:05 pm

My two big non-fitness goals for the year are to actually save money and to become a better photographer. I think they’re pretty attainable. :-)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 28, 2009 @ 4:38 pm

I need to keep my house cleaner too! I try to schedule lots of dinner parties at my house, just so I have a reason to give it a good clean :-)

Meghan@traveleatlove — December 28, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

I am hoping to move toward a career that captures more of my interests, fingers crossed! My gym was blissfully empty today. . . just wait a week and it will be maddening!

christy from pittsburgh — December 28, 2009 @ 6:19 pm

Omigosh, you are awesome! thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and workout plans. I just did you HIIT on elliptical and bootcamp. it kicked my butt but it feels good! quick question, when you’re doing the HIIT workouts on the elliptical, what are your hands doing? i was pumping mine up and down to get the strides/min at 155-160, then i started thinking, was I suppose to use the handle? thanks!

Jenny — December 28, 2009 @ 7:27 pm

My non-fitness goal for the new year is to be more comfortable with ME by being more open about myself with my surrounding environment, and not try to hide it!

Katie — December 29, 2009 @ 8:48 am

my non-fitness goal is to not complain so much – I’m kind of a whiner, and I have no reason to be. :-) I definitely need to set a eating/fitness goal as well…too many christmas cookies.

Tene — December 30, 2009 @ 7:06 am

I actually had losing weight as my resolutions for this year and I have accomplished and surpassed it. I had my third child in December of 2008, so I started my fitness routine in February of 2009 and have lost the baby weight plus more. Now I just work out for the heck of it. There is nothing worst than getting fit then quitting your work out only to have to start from scratch again. I am guilty of that.

Right now I do Billy Blank’s Ultimate Bootcamp 3 days per week and run 5 or 10k per session 3 days per week depending on how much time I have.

april — December 30, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

Great workout!! I’m always looking for a good at home workout when I’m too lazy to get to the gym!

Kayla — June 28, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

I promise to really go back to the gym once I gave birth. I think after 5 months or if possible after 4 months. Surely by that time I will be fine.

1. Pingback: Strong and Beautiful « Then Heather Said