Please update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

I managed to save some crusty bread from my fondue fest Saturday night, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.

Truly, I wanted to smother half in peanut butter and dip the other half in gravy, but I am the queen of restraint.

I am so great at restraining myself, that I limited myself to one serving of buffalo wing kettle chips last night. Actually, my husband and I split one serving.

He would like you to know that there are not 8 servings in those family-size bags. There is one serving. And we split it. In 30 minutes.

I gave the bread a light brushing of olive oil and set it in the oven to toast.

IMG_3248

IMG_3252

I’ve never really been a ‘bread person’, and I prefer nutty, grainier breads most of the time. However, if there is a thick slice of crusty bread toasted with olive oil? Count me in.

And let me just point something out: thank goodness I do not like bread products that much. I would be 17,000 pounds. Which would be terrible, because I doubt any of my shoes would fit me then.

I sprinkled the apple slices with a bit of sugar and cinnamon, and let them carmelize in the oven.

IMG_3249

These were fantastic. Also fabulous in oatmeal and pancakes.

I snuck multiple chunks of brie before assembling the toasts, but what else is new?

IMG_3251

Brie is just so creamy and perfect and delightful. It truly melts in your mouth.

Once the apples were roasted, I topped the golden toasts with the brie chunks. The apples went on next.

IMG_3253

I left the skin on the apples because I just love the color. Staying true to my inner 5-yearold self, anything sparkly, glittery or pink catches my eye.

I can be mid-conversation, at a significant event, or driving down a busy road. It’s dangerous. Don’t wear a sparkly shirt or glitter eyeshadow in my presence.

Crispy, cheesy and sweet. That is my kind of meal!

IMG_3254

Roasted Apple and Brie Bruschetta

1 loaf french bread, cut into slices

1/4 cup olive oil

3-4 oz brie cheese, cut into slices/chunks

2 apples, sliced

1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

1/2 tablespoon sugar

Preheat oven to 425. Brush bread with olive oil and toast until golden brown.

Laybe apple slices in a baking dish. Cover with cinnamon and sugar and roast at 425 for 15-20 minutes.

Add a slice (or 2!) or brie to each toast, and top with 2-3 apple slices.

IMG_3256

This is sure to be a party pleaser, but can also be a mid afternoon snack for you. Grab some whole grain bread and go to town. You can also use another cheese, and even a low-fat version.

IMG_3257

In my opinion, I wouldn’t mess with the brie. A little bit won’t hurt ya. :)

62 Responses to “Roasted Apple and Brie Bruschetta.”

Sarah — January 20, 2010 @ 7:28 am

Apple and Brie is the best combination! So yummy :)

Caitlin@TheTwentyFifthYear — January 20, 2010 @ 7:31 am

Brie and Apple is one of about three seemingly interesting combinations I am capable of making with the intention of impressing others. Your take on it is a bit, um, fancier than mine. Copy this? Definitely.

Lori — January 20, 2010 @ 10:59 am

I love brie with fruit, but what a great idea to turn it into a bruschetta. This looks great!

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — January 20, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

I made this today! Delish! :-)

Simply Life — January 21, 2010 @ 7:01 am

wow this is just mouth-watering with the combo of apple and brie!!!

kate — January 21, 2010 @ 8:48 am

yum, what a great idea! who doesnt love apples and cheese?

Karla — January 22, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

I can’t even begin to tell you how fantastic this looks.
    I saw this a few days ago but couldn’t find where the comment were on your new layout (which is lovely by the way!), but now I found so it so I felt like I needed to come back and comment on the AMAZINGNESS of this!
    Happy Friday!

brittany — April 8, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Lol. I love what you were saying about mid conversation being completely distracted by something sparkly. My friends and family tell me I do this constantly. But I like to think it’s one of my best qualities :)

MB — November 16, 2012 @ 9:49 am

About how many does this recipe serve do you think? I’m thinking of making this for an appetizer for Thanksgiving and just wondering how many times I’d have to double this.

Jen — November 29, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

What kind of apples did you use? They look just perfect – I’m hoping to make this for my in-law’s Christmas party this Saturday!

1. Pingback: Super Bowl Fun & Tasty Finger Food Recipes | Toasted Head