Even in my ‘aversion-from-meat’ days (which are still going on), I have never stopped wanting pulled pork. I love pulled pork. Most of the time, it is the only meat I ever crave.

And for those of you that really dislike pork, or pork makes your skin crawl, or you think I’m going to get a worm in my brain from eating pork, please don’t let me know because I am a serious hypochondriac. My husband does not want to listen to me complain about one more ailment that I’m sure I have.

So if you have any pulled pork leftovers, make some of these cheesy nachos. I promise they will complete you.

IMG_3021

Because I was clogging my arteries with all things cheese and pork, I decided to use organic golden corn chips. It made me feel better.

I also used my homemade barbeque sauce, because it is so darn good and I can’t stop eating it. Recipe to come soon.

Other veggie toppings would be fabulous on this I’m sure, but I don’t like those things.

IMG_3022

Cheesy BBQ Pork Nachos

2 cups corn chips

3 oz pulled pork

3 tablespoons barbeque sauce

3/4 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400.

Spread corn chips on a baking sheet. Top with shredded pulled pork. Drizzle barbeque sauce over top, and add shredded cheese, making sure to get cheese on each chip. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and nachos are warm. Stack high on a dish and serve.

Toppings: salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, tomatoes, black beans, guacamole, shredded lettuce.

IMG_3023

Now I must get back to work. My husband is walking around with a whip and threatening me with a hot poker unless I start cleaning this house. And it’s not in a good way.

And if this recipe wasn’t for you? I’ll be back with more figure-friendly, veggie-filled recipes this week.

Yeah. Right. :)

34 Responses to “Stacked Cheesy BBQ Pork Nachos.”

Meghan@traveleatlove — January 3, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

Yum, I don’t eat pork but you have me craving nachos! Would love to know your BBQ sauce recipe!

Amanda — January 3, 2010 @ 2:49 pm

Yum. Yum. Yum.

Like seriously. Yum. I could eat the whole plate to myself.

Paula — January 3, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

These look absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

homecookedem — January 3, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

MMMmmmmm, those nachos look DEE-lish! :)

heather — January 3, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

AMEN! Pulled pork is definitely the one meat that I can’t cancel out of my diet completely. if i ever tried to go completely vegetarian, i would put money on the fact that you could probably find me hiding under my blanket once a month with some yummy barbeque! These nachos look WONDERFUL and i am VERY excited for that barbeque sauce recipe. This past summer I was really into coming up with my own sauce recipes and I would LOVE to have your FABULOUS talents added to my little book of go to sauces :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 3, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

you know i aint eatin’ pork, girl but i love you so here i am to say hi :)

and i am glad you think my newest balls may be the best balls yet LOL!! that’s awesome!! sorry my mind is still in the gutter :)

katie — January 3, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

ahh ive totally been craving nachos lately!!

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen — January 3, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

those look fantastic! I think I’ll be using that recipe for a Superbowl party :)

Shelley — January 3, 2010 @ 3:40 pm

those sound so good & so filling!! yum

christie @ honoring health — January 3, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

Yum! Pulled pork and nachos all in one, sounds amazing!

Jordan @ Salt Sweat Sugar — January 3, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

Thanks, lady. Now I’m officially starving!

Sarah — January 3, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

I do like having pork once a week because it is so versatile and easy to work with. This dish looks really tasty. I love nachos!

Erica — January 3, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

I just made Josh pulled pork nachos with our leftovers last week! I loe how you can use pulled pork in so many dishes. Hope you are enjoying the New Year!!

Jenny — January 3, 2010 @ 4:20 pm

Have you ever heard of Corky’s BBQ? They have some amazing BBQ nachos that are sold at football games and are seriously the most incredible thing you’ve ever seen.

I’d love to see that homemade BBQ sauce recipe!

The Candid RD — January 3, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

We used to make these at the restaurant I worked at! We took all the leftovers from the end of the night (sounds gross, but still so delicious) and poured it over fresh nachos and added salsa and cheese and hot sauce! Oh man…the memories…. I am obsessed with pulled pork. I could eat it all day, everyday!

Katie — January 3, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

Oh my word – I totally have an aversion to most meats, but NOT pulled pork. That is the BEST NEWS…it reminds me of my grandma’s house – the smell, the texture, the taste…gah it’s delicious. And added to Nachos…I don’t really think you can get better than that. :-)

Light Delight with TouTou — January 3, 2010 @ 5:57 pm

Cheese is definitely for me!!! they looks really good. I remember the first time I tried Nacho was in the airport…..so fulfilling ;-D

kay (eating machine) — January 3, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

god i love pulled pork.
    costco is supposed to start having pre-cooked pulled pork in soon.
    which means i may never have to cook dinner again.

One Healthy Apple — January 3, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

I just read your meat aversion- so funny! I can’t stand to look at boiled chicken for a similar reason (not training my hottie body for a competition) but for being on a fat kid diet. I seriously hate all things meat and boiled unless they are made from me, but I also have to know what’s in it. Yep, I’m sick.

Jessica — January 3, 2010 @ 6:29 pm

I have pulled pork in my fridge! Never thought about making nachos…LOVE the idea. “Hi”, btw, I see you on all the blogs but never commented before! I won’t be a “lurker” anymore!! :)

monicaonthego.com — January 3, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

Yum! I happen to have pork leftovers, I will make these tomorrow.

sophia — January 3, 2010 @ 8:08 pm

I love pork, if prepared correctly. As long as it doesn’t taste too meaty. I LOVE stuff like pulled pork, and bacon.
    I have a friend who HATES pork. Now that’s crazy. I’m trying to convince her that pork is actually really nutritious.

Courtney — January 3, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

Pulled pork is awesome … pork is awesome.

Amen.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — January 3, 2010 @ 9:50 pm

Holy freaking moly. I may have just drooled a little.

Barbara Bakes — January 3, 2010 @ 10:39 pm

I hadn’t thought to use pulled pork as a nacho topping. Sounds great! I’m desperately in need to some healthy recipes right now. Please post asap!

Carla — January 3, 2010 @ 11:55 pm

Looks GREAT! I have a similar idea with shredded chicken & salsa on tostones. Maybe I’ll share on my blog one day. Thanks for sharing.

Duchess of Fork — January 4, 2010 @ 5:29 am

Holy Cow, Jessica! This looks great. I love BBQ nachos. Here’s the link to grab the button for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Congrats, girl!! http://www.duchessoffork.com/2010/01/04/my-first-award/

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — January 4, 2010 @ 6:19 am

I do not eat meat but my trainer wants me to start! GASP!
    Maybe someday I’ll work my way back to eating pork because these nachos look crazy good!

megan — January 4, 2010 @ 7:07 am

i love pulled pork as well! If you want an amazing crock pot pork recipe, try the puerto rican pork on my blog…it’s my favorite. I got it from tasty kitchen, so maybe you’ve already seen it. My husband was just asking me to make it again, and once I do, I’m definitely making these nachos with some of the leftovers. great suggestion!

Nicole (dishin') — January 5, 2010 @ 8:03 am

Oh yum! How I love nachos….and these look extra special!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 6, 2010 @ 7:37 pm

Pulled pork on nachos is totally my kind of snack!! A couple restaurants in my city make pulled pork pizza – it is SO good!! I agree with you about the love for pulled pork!!!

Martha — August 22, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Nummy!! I seriously have a full container of left over pulled porf from a grad party. AND I’d recommend “Wee Willie’s” BBQ sauce…tangy/sweet/zesty..mmmm :)

Will be making these nachos veryy soon :)

1. Pingback: Homemade Barbeque Sauce. | How Sweet It Is