Still looking for a special treat for Valentine’s Day weekend?

These adorable, bite-size ice cream sandwiches were super easy and quick to assemble, albeit a bit messy. But that is part of the fun, right?

We like our chocolate chip cookies very thin. In my family, this comes from my dad’s grandmother, who made incredible, thin chocolate chip cookies. At a family reunion a few years ago, we even had a cookie bake-off to see who could make cookies most like my great grandmother.

Luckily, I married someone who also likes his chocolate chip cookies thin. It makes up for the framed picture of Chris Benoit that had to make the trek from his apartment to our new home.

Good thing he likes thin cookies. There isn’t anything else going on in this house that is thin. Apparently he doesn’t like his cookies the same way he likes his women – thick and meaty.

In an effort to be less thick and meaty, I stuffed the inside of the cookies with low-fat frozen yogurt.

While they may not be the prettiest of desserts, they made for a scrumptious, fairly low-calorie treat since the cookies were so light. And since they are bite-size, you can eat more than one without guilt. (Read: you can eat 10.)

Of course, I had to trash one up with some hot pink sprinkles. This girl loves her pink.

Bite-Size Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

20 baked chocolate chip cookies (I used a tablespoon measure when making, to ensure they came out bite-size.)

1 pint of low-fat frozen yogurt

sprinkles for decor

Once cookies are cooled, place in the freezer for 10 minutes. At this time, take the frozen yogurt out to soften. Once the cookies are firm, scoop roughly 2 tablespoons of ice cream on top of one cookie, covering it with another cookie.

Roll in sprinkles if desired. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.

49 Responses to “Bite Size Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.”

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — February 13, 2010 @ 7:22 am

There is nothing on this Earth that wouldn’t be better with a little frozen yogurt filling. Great idea. I do this all the time- chewy chocolate cookies filled with chocolate mousse, oatmeal raisin with butter pecan ice cream, homemade oreos, you name it. And I looove the pink sprinkles, so appropriate!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — February 13, 2010 @ 7:34 am

those look SO good – how do you get them so thin?? yum what a good valentine’s treat!

• Jessica — February 13th, 2010 @ 7:36 am

I’ll be posting the cookie recipe soon! :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 13, 2010 @ 8:27 am

so cute!!! I AM still looking for a V-day treat…but we haven’t been able to leave our house to pick up grocerries!!!

Diana — February 13, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Can’t wait for the cookie recipe! You’re hilarious btw! I love this blog now!
    Diana

Erica — February 13, 2010 @ 8:44 am

My husband LOVES thin cookies too! Hes all about the crunch and dipping them in milk. These are so cute- a perfect Vday treat. Are you guys having a good weekend so far? I hope so!!

Ally (Exercise and Pies) — February 13, 2010 @ 8:49 am

aww, those are SO cute and yummy looking!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — February 13, 2010 @ 8:51 am

I love cookie ice cream sandwiches! And love the fact that they’re bite size! The thin cookie helps on the calorie level too ;)

Jenny — February 13, 2010 @ 8:55 am

Those are adorable! I like the hot pink sprinkles on the sides :)

Katrina — February 13, 2010 @ 8:58 am

Decadent and delicious. I absolutely love this idea!! Yum!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 13, 2010 @ 9:05 am

My hubby would LOVE those!!!

kay (eating machine) — February 13, 2010 @ 9:09 am

mini sized foods are calorie free. it’s science.

Angela — February 13, 2010 @ 9:18 am

those look awesome! I’ve been trying to think of a dessert to make for valentines day and I think this is what I’m gonna do!

Molly @thevegandorm — February 13, 2010 @ 9:39 am

Wow – those are thin cookies! I normally like mine thick and chewy, but those look perfect for the ice cream sandwiches.

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place — February 13, 2010 @ 9:42 am

how cute are those? I add sprinkles to every thing as well. Pink makes life better!

Natalie — February 13, 2010 @ 10:12 am

Mmm wow these look so tasty, yumm! I love the sprinkles too, they make them so pretty :D

Heather (Heather's Dish) — February 13, 2010 @ 10:12 am

you’re so cute…i love every recipe i see on here :)

homecookedem — February 13, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Adorable!! :) Perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — February 13, 2010 @ 11:07 am

Your blog has become my daily drool session. These look too good! Perfect Valentine’s Day treat!

Abby's Vegan Eats — February 13, 2010 @ 11:48 am

Another delicious looking recipe for Valenines Day..maybe your hubby is takin notes.. lol

Have a great weekend, dear!! )

Shelley — February 13, 2010 @ 12:08 pm

these actually look AMAZING. so cute :)

Kelly B. — February 13, 2010 @ 12:26 pm

Now that it the cutest thing ever!!

Katie — February 13, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

What a yummy, festive treat. I may have to make these this weekend…I might dip mine in peanut butter and sprinkles…to make up for the lower calories in froyo. :-)

Stef — February 13, 2010 @ 12:54 pm

your cookies came out the perfect thickness, how cool! great idea, and the sprinkles are a nice touch :)

Pure2raw twins — February 13, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

I love ice cream sandwiches!! Love the pink sprinkles : )

One Healthy Apple — February 13, 2010 @ 4:37 pm

These are soooooo pretty! I love that they are bite size too! I made massive cookies today so they don’t have that calorie free factor like yours do!

emily — February 13, 2010 @ 8:33 pm

I think the pink sprinkles make it look EXTRA delicious!

Michelle — February 13, 2010 @ 9:00 pm

What a great idea! I’ve never made thin CC cookies before but now I’d like to try!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) — February 13, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

Oh a girl after my own heart with the pink sprinkles! Love!

I love very very thin everything (myself included- sigh- that won’t be happening soon!)…wafer thin chocolate, cookies, crackers, etc. I guess I feel like I get a yummy treat for less cals.

Have a terrific V-day! :=)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 13, 2010 @ 11:14 pm

my jaw hit the floor when i saw the cuteness AND Delishness of this post!!!

“trash one up with some hot pink sprinkles.”–welll, we can be trashy together any day b/c i love pink and sprinkles too.

you posts make me sooo happy, JEssica. I know i can always come here and be entertained happily, with great food. I maybe cant always eat it all, but i always appreciate it. Youre gifted in the kitchen and i respect a cook’s cook.
    xoxo

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — February 14, 2010 @ 5:18 am

If you makes these for me, I will be your Valentine. Who am I kidding? Even if you don’t make these for me, I’ll still be your Valentine!

Fit Chick in the City — February 14, 2010 @ 6:48 am

You’re right these are adorable! Pink sprinkles make life just a little better, don’t they? I told thanked my husband for putting up with all of my “pink” last night.

The Candid RD — February 14, 2010 @ 7:10 am

These look like something I could make, definitely. My mom just gave me a box of Oreo cookies form Trader Joe’s that my brother won’t eat. I think “stuffing” those with some fro yo would be a very nice idea! I’m sure it’s not as easy as it sounds, but it may be worth a try, for something different. Thanks for the idea!

I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day Jessica!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 14, 2010 @ 8:07 am

There is nothing on earth better than chocolate chips cookies and ice cream. ahhhh

april — February 14, 2010 @ 8:16 am

Those are so cute!! What a neat idea.. I bet your husband is in love with all these desserts!

Steel City Flan — February 14, 2010 @ 9:28 am

Hahaha, thick and meaty ^_^ And I don’t think the pink sprinkles are trashy at all. They’re very…classy?

heather — February 14, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

i think i may need to try and be domestic and “marthay” and try these out for the next time i bring treats to work…do you think i may appear “marry-able” then? or at least “take her out for a drink” able? ;)

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) — February 14, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

I love these! SO cute! My favorites: cookies AND ice cream (or froyo) YUMMMMMMM The sprinkles make them so pretty. :)

Jenn

Sinful Southern Sweets — February 14, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

Yum! Great recipes!

Jessie — February 14, 2010 @ 6:36 pm

Kris | iheartwellness.com — February 14, 2010 @ 7:59 pm

YUMMM!! I heart my choc chip cookies thin too!!

You are my martha :)

XXOO

Run Sarah — February 14, 2010 @ 10:33 pm

Those look AWESOME, the perfect little treat!

Nicole (dishin') — February 15, 2010 @ 6:50 am

YUMMM! Delish!

jodi — February 15, 2010 @ 7:36 am

Ha – love that – “trash one up.” Very funny.

These look fabulous! Happy Valentine’s Day.

Holly — February 15, 2010 @ 10:06 am

these are one of my favorite things to make! they are so easy, delicious and so many endless varieties. now i am suddenly hungry…

prashant — February 15, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

I used to suck down when I was a wee gal. Looking forward to the cookie recipe!
    Grow taller for idiots

Jessica @ WHY DONTCHA RUN — February 15, 2010 @ 5:47 pm

Yum-azing! These are the cutest darn cookie sandwiches. Personally, I’ve always been a thick chocolate cookie lover. But to each his own, right? LOL… chocolate is chocolate in my book! And what could make chocolate any better?? …ice cream and sprinkles, of course!

Yum Yucky — February 22, 2010 @ 11:43 am

No way! I’m a sucker for the ice cream sammich.

Baby Boy Bedding — February 23, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

I think the pink sprinkles make it look EXTRA delicious!Those look MUCH better than the fake, mass-produced sandwiches that I used to suck down when I was a wee gal. Looking forward to the cookie recipe!Youre gifted in the kitchen and i respect a cook’s cook.