Peace.

Early this morning, my beloved grandmother suddenly passed away.

I feel like my breath has been taken from me. She was the perfect wife, mother, grandmother, friend, and lived only to serve others.

I can only hope that one day I can live up to be half of the woman she was. I am grateful that we never watched her suffer. I know God has a plan for us all and that she is truly at peace now.

126 Responses to “Peace.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — February 16, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

Jessica my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you find comfort in being with your family. :( So sorry for your loss.

Angela @ A Healthy Fit — February 16, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

I am so sorry for you loss. I’m glad that she didn’t suffer, that is always the worse, watching loved ones suffer. We just lost my husbands grandpa this year and it was very tough–especially being 3000 miles away from everyone.

Sara @ ActiveGal — February 16, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I lost my grandmother not too long ago and I know how difficult it can be. We are all here for you!

Cindy Coniglio — February 16, 2010 @ 12:40 pm

Jess,
    Sorry to hear about your gram today. You know I am here if you or your family need anything. I love you..

Kendel — February 16, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Although you must be heartbroken over loosing your grandmother, rest assured that this is a joyous time. She is able to finally leave the suffering of this world and rest in the peace and pleasure of our Heavenly Father. Celebrate her life and the wonderful reward she has now received. You and your family are in my prayers.

Meghan — February 16, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

I’m so sorry!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. This kind of a shock is so difficult to deal with…

Tina — February 16, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

I will be saying a prayer for you and your family. I wish there was more that I could say or do to support you and take away any pain. Hugs.

joy — February 16, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

hugs – i am so sorry

Kat — February 16, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I have lost grandparents both quickly and slowly, and quickly is the best way for them and everyone else. I will keep your family in my prayers. Just remember she is in a MUCH better place. Try to smile at the memories you have with her. Keep the faith, Kat

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — February 16, 2010 @ 1:25 pm

So sorry for your loss… My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

megan — February 16, 2010 @ 1:26 pm

I’m so sorry. I prayed for your family as soon as I saw your post. My husband’s grandmother died suddenly last week as well. Watching his family go through the grieving process (and grieving with them) has been so hard, so i understand a little of what you’re going through. I’m sure the next few days will be hard and I’ll be thinking of you/praying for you as you get through them. Just keep reminding yourself what you wrote about God having a perfect plan.

Julie @SavvyEats — February 16, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

Aww, honey, I’m so sorry to hear that. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. Love you.

Jessica — February 16, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — February 16, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

I am so sorry for your loss Jessica…my husband actually just went through the same thing with his grandfather last week. you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

ida — February 16, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — February 16, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

Oh Jessica… I’m so very sorry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Sending prayers your way!

Nicole, RD — February 16, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

Oh hun, I am so sorry. Prayers your way.

Erica — February 16, 2010 @ 1:54 pm

I’m so so sorry. My heart is with you and your family

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 16, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

Oh, Jessica, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I’m thinking about you and your family.

Brooke — February 16, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Jacquie — February 16, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

I know it sounds trite (and repetitive), but I’m so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. My grandmother died in 2006 and it shook me to the core so while I can’t say how you’re feeling, I’m sure I felt some of it back then. I know I’m not too close, but if I can do anything to help ease the pain, please let me know. I’m sending hugs to you and your family <3

Jenna — February 16, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

I am so sorry for your loss sweetie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this time of loss. Rest assured, she is in heaven smiling down at you!

homecookedem — February 16, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

Oh Jessica, I’m so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. xoxo

heather — February 16, 2010 @ 2:14 pm

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Angela — February 16, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place — February 16, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

sending hugs your way.. i’m so sorry for your loss!

April — February 16, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

Thinking of you and your family Jessica.

Lisa — February 16, 2010 @ 2:31 pm

Jessica – sending lots of hugs to you in this difficult time :( Thinking of you ….

Rose — February 16, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Sending positive thoughts your way. So sorry for your loss.

Madeline- greens and jeans — February 16, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family Jessica

alex — February 16, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

I know that empty, sad feeling all too well… thinking of you, girl. Thinking nothing but the best thoughts for you, your grandmother, and all the rest of your family.
    xox.

Ally @ Sweet & Savory — February 16, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry to hear this. She was a beautiful lady. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — February 16, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking about you and your family. xoxo

Kailey (SnackFace) — February 16, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

Jessica, I am so terribly sorry! I wish I could run over and give you a giant hug. My thoughts are with you and your family. Much love! xoxoxo

Evan Thomas — February 16, 2010 @ 3:12 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about this! You’re definitely in my thoughts

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — February 16, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

Obviously, I am not the only one to show their love and support.. Im thinking about your and your family, hunny! Stay strong.

Blond Duck — February 16, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

I’m so sorry. If there’s anything I can do, let me know.

Kacy — February 16, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

I’m so sorry Jessica. Grandmothers are such special people and I know how much pain I would be in were I in your position. My thought, prayers and love are with you.

Mellissa — February 16, 2010 @ 3:40 pm

Thinking about you and sending hugs your way.

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) — February 16, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, Jessica. My condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family, it’s so hard to lose our loved ones. One day a time.

All the best,
    Jenn

Nicole (dishin') — February 16, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

I’m so sorry! I hope your many memories of her help you heal. My thoughts are with you and your family.

jennifer @takethedayoff.net — February 16, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

So sorry about your loss. The grandmother granddaughter relationship is so special. Just sent a prayer your way.

Abby — February 16, 2010 @ 4:11 pm

I’m so sorry, Jessica! I will be praying for you and your family. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sherrie — February 16, 2010 @ 4:11 pm

Sending hugs and prayers to you!

Kelly B. — February 16, 2010 @ 4:32 pm

Jessica I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that the entire blogging community is thinking of you. You are such an inspiration to so many of us and I know I speak for all when I say we are all sending thoughts out to you and your family.

Jenn @ Livewellfit — February 16, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

You, your grandmother and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Cassie — February 16, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

My heart is with you and your family.
    I’m very sorry for your loss..but at least she is at perfect peace now.

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle — February 16, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

Jessica- my heart and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Katie — February 16, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

Jessica, I am so sorry to hear this!! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Paula — February 16, 2010 @ 5:07 pm