This was my first attempt at making blondies.

It definitely won’t be my last, since they are incredibly delicious.

And I sneakily made them with coconut, just so Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t eat any.

Don’t worry, he has eaten many sloppy joe’s this weekend.

But someday, when he is starving since I haven’t cooked anything for about 3 hours, I feel he will be so hungry that he will cave for something coconut.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I added coconut milk to the blondies, which gives them a creamy consistency.

As much as I love chocolate, these milder, more vanilla-tasting bars fit the bill for my sweet tooth.

The recipe made thinner bars, which means you can eat a lot of them and not feel guilty.

Right?

Don’t answer that.

Coconut Cream Blondies

blondie recipe from Simply Recipes + my coconut additions

makes 12-16 bars

1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 cup of dark brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup of all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons coconut milk

1/2 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and melted butter until smooth. Add in egg, coconut milk and vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients together, and whisk into the batter. Fold in coconut.

Spread evenly in an 8×8 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

If desired, garnish with additional toasted coconut.

51 Responses to “Coconut Cream Blondies.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — April 11, 2010 @ 6:04 am

I think thinner bars means you actually will lose weight from eating these right?? It must be true, so I will have to make these. :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — April 11, 2010 @ 6:05 am

I’ve never made blondies before either! These looks great!

Evan Thomas — April 11, 2010 @ 6:08 am

Oh God, *drools*. These sound fantastic. I wonder if coconut oil or coconut creme concentrate can be exchanged for the butter for even more coconut

Erica — April 11, 2010 @ 6:18 am

Coconut – so good in baked goods! I just finished baking and you’re making me want to start again :) Have a great rest of the weekend

Diana — April 11, 2010 @ 6:23 am

Yum, those look amazing. :) I’m so glad I’m not an awesome baker like you ahah Because I would eat everything!

Taylor — April 11, 2010 @ 6:24 am

Yum! I love blondies…you can pretty much put anything in them! Butterscotch chips are my favorite…

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — April 11, 2010 @ 6:25 am

OOOOHHHH!!! I want to try making these with Coconut Oil instead of Butter and a GF Flour blend!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 11, 2010 @ 6:26 am

o.m.g. these sound fantastic! i’m now debating between these and the s’mores brownies for office treats this week :)

Midgetkeeper — April 11, 2010 @ 6:30 am

I just love how creative you get with recipes. These look delicious.

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — April 11, 2010 @ 6:44 am

THese look awesome!! :) Love it

Jil — April 11, 2010 @ 6:56 am

These look so delicious – I’ve only made and had blondies once in my life…so I think it’s time that they make a reappearance! The coconut milk sounds like an amazing addition!

homecookedem — April 11, 2010 @ 7:00 am

Ya know I’ve never had a blondie before, but I’m 100% sure I would LOVE them!! These look mouth watering delicious!!

Barbara Bakes — April 11, 2010 @ 7:06 am

I have yet to make blondies. Your coconut versions sounds great, although I think I’d have to add white chocolate.

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — April 11, 2010 @ 7:36 am

YUM!!!!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 11, 2010 @ 8:50 am

Mmmm, I have never made blondies before either. In fact, I don’t think I have ever eaten a blondie. They look darn good though!

Nicci@NiftyEats — April 11, 2010 @ 8:56 am

Awww, I shouldn’t have read this post so early. I want a blondie like ASAP. I will do my work out today, then make some for a friends cook out tonight. Thanks for the recipe, they look so good. Didn’tknow they were that easy to make.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — April 11, 2010 @ 9:23 am

Delicious! I love blondies, especially white chocolate macademia nut blondies..yum!

Dawn@CocinaSavant — April 11, 2010 @ 10:05 am

oooh, this looks amazing! i love the nutty flavor of blondies and the coconut sounds like a perfect compliment! i’ll have to give these a try soon!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — April 11, 2010 @ 10:24 am

Holy balls I actually have all of these ingredients!

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) — April 11, 2010 @ 10:32 am

I’ve never made blondies, but I have eaten them. Those look wonderfully coconutty!! YUMMMM They also look very moist. Perfect! :)

Jenn

Melinda — April 11, 2010 @ 11:55 am

Tasty looking as always. I love the presentation of these.

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place — April 11, 2010 @ 11:59 am

must be a guy thing, because my fiance hates coconut too. I could eat it by the handful daily. those blondies look great!!

One Healthy Apple — April 11, 2010 @ 12:19 pm

Thinner bars mean my husband can eat a whole tray in a day! I think your rationale is right!

Your recipe looks and sounds delicious!

Joe @ Eden Kitchen — April 11, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

oh wow coconut blondies sound incredible. I think I will make these for our next bake-off at work. Thanks!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — April 11, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

those look so decadent and perfect and amazing!!! I love ya girl, ive been ROCKING out the gym workouts and lovin it!

xoxo

Kris | iheartwellness.com — April 11, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

I am drooling over here love! I absolutely adore blondies!! I wonder if I can “vegan-fy” these puppies??

YUMMMMMM

XXOO

Katherine — April 11, 2010 @ 3:49 pm

These look great! What do you think about recipes that “hide” ingredients like chickpea blondies? The coconut looks great!
    Katherine

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} — April 11, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

You had me at coconut!
    They look delicious, I’m going to have to try them :)

Tina — April 11, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

I just bookmarked this. It sounds so delicious! And yes, smaller bars mean it is okay to eat more. I like that rule. :D

raina @ The Garden of Yum — April 11, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

Those look amazing! Love coconut. Just bought some for a recipie I am making. Hopefully, I will have some left so I can try these.

Cheryl Cormier — April 11, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

Coconut works with everything! I’m sure the Mr. enjoyed his sloppy joe’s! If he’s anything like my Mr., he’d rather eat a meal-like food rather than a sweet or dessert anyday:)

Sweets By Vicky — April 11, 2010 @ 8:21 pm

Made blondies awhile back. Wasn’t tooo successful. It was tasty but didn’t have a creamy consistency like yours. Gotta try your recipe out, I’m a coconutterholic.

marcellina — April 11, 2010 @ 8:42 pm

Gosh, your blondies truely look decadant! We have coconut milk powder which has me thinking I could add that to your blondies for an ever greater coconut flavour. Great idea! BTW, love your granola in to other post!

Katrina — April 12, 2010 @ 4:14 am

I love the look of these blondies. I’m a big fan of chocolate chip blondies, so I know I’ll LOVE these!

kathy@polwig.com — April 12, 2010 @ 4:40 am

These look so good…. I have to make those soon but it is tough with biini season and all.

Amanda — April 12, 2010 @ 5:11 am

Beautiful! If this were sitting next to a chocolate brownie, I would definitely pick this first!!

Blessings!
    AManda

Seth @ Boy Meets Food — April 12, 2010 @ 5:55 am

Yum, I love blondies. Not sure I’ve ever made coconut cream ones though… I’ll have to give it a try.

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — April 12, 2010 @ 6:12 am

I can’t believe Mr. How Sweet doesn’t like coconut. Crazy, I tell you! These look so amazing! My favorite way of having coconut is in one of those crazy seven-layer bars (or conga bars, as they are sometimes referred) I had as a kid. Coconut, chocolate and butterscotch all in one place. HEAVEN.

Katie — April 12, 2010 @ 7:26 am

I am in utter awe of how much baking goes on at your house. I would DIE for one of those blondies right now. It’s like a coconutty cookie bar!! I think this is going straight to the top of me “to make” list – you’re a genius.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — April 12, 2010 @ 9:29 am

Great Idea! I love blondies and coconut but have never had them together!

kate — April 12, 2010 @ 10:52 am

YUM! Your husband is one lucky man :) My boyfriend would be so happy if I could bake like you sistah!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — April 12, 2010 @ 11:46 am

i seriously cannot come to your blog without wanting to go bake up a storm afterwards! Goodness those look amazing!

Delishhh — April 12, 2010 @ 8:42 pm

All i can say is Mmmmmmmm, i need to make some.

Tracy — April 13, 2010 @ 8:28 am

These look delightful! Love coconut. Mmm!

Claire @ College:Raw — April 14, 2010 @ 6:23 am

Oh my goodness, the title of this post caught my eye. These sound absolutely delicious!

Kristen Doyle — April 18, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Boy, I now have an incredible craving for these. They sound amazing and your pictures are great!

Rachel — August 14, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

Just popped these in the oven – LOVE the use of coconut milk. I was a little weary of baking with it, but after taste testing the batter (about 5 times) I have to say I think it is a fabulous addition! Can’t wait for the oven timer to go off!

Tanvee — November 2, 2011 @ 9:06 am

I made these last night and they were sooo good! I had to eliminate the coconut because my room mate absolutely despises coconut (I don’t get it…it’s bizarre), so I threw in some (read: a lot) butterscotch chips instead. If those were so delicious, I can only imagine how glorious the coconut ones will be. Siiighhh…

serena — April 9, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

Hey Ive tried making this a few times already and each time it comes out looking a lot like cake. How do I make the blondie denser and more brownie like

Sherlene Scoggan — May 13, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Home gym workouts need not be any less effective than workouts done in a gym, provided certain basic principles are observed. A home gym is unlikely to have the same professional equipment as a commercial gym, so some adjustments will be necessary. Here is how to get the best results from a home gym workout…-

Take a look at all of the best and newest article on our own web page

1. Pingback: Broccoli and Brownies « Oats N Boats ~ Smile & Glow