Most days I want sweets.

I know. That’s a lie.

Every day I want sweets. My sweet teeth cry if they don’t get what they want.

But in order to keep my sanity, my husband, and my current wardrobe, I eat some not-so-decadent and somewhat-healthy desserts. Hey, it’s still dessert.

Enter sweet quesadillas.

I crisped the cinnamon tortillas in a skillet on the stove, but I am sure it would also work in the oven.

The tortillas alone are enough to make you swoon. There is something about cinnamon and toasty bread or chips. It reminds me of eating cinnamon toast when I was younger. I can’t wait to pass that on.

Mr. How Sweet will probably attempt to pass that on when our kids are just 16 minutes out of the womb.

He assumes that babies feed themselves (a piece of steak, of course – with a fork) at about 3 months, and usually are walking and riding bikes by 6 months.

I am only sort-of kidding.

His usual first words when seeing a baby being fed are ‘can’t that kid feed himself yet?’

Pray for me. And our future children.

And in the meantime, make some of these chocolate-peanut butter quesadillas. Because there is no better combination.

Unless you add bacon.

Dessert Quesadillas

2 whole wheat tortillas

1 tablespoon butter

2 teaspoons cinnamon

2 tablespoons peanut butter

2 tablespoons chocolate chips

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup whipped cream

Spread butter on one side of each tortillas and sprinkle with cinnamon. Heat a skillet on medium heat, spray with cooking spray and crisp until golden brown.

While still warm, spread one tortilla (cinnamon side up) with peanut butter, top with chocolate chips, and added a drizzle of honey. Place other tortilla on top.

Serve with whipped cream drizzled with honey for dipping.

I think some fruit would also be delicious in this quesadilla.

Mr. How Sweet says no to fruit, and yes to meat.

To him, meat = dessert.

68 Responses to “Dessert Quesadillas.”

Shannon @ bakeandbloom.com — May 10, 2010 @ 9:10 pm

peanut butter nutter! I stand by this statement

Helen — May 11, 2010 @ 5:41 am

OMG chocolate and peanut butter, lush! I am so going to make these soon!

Ali @ Redhead Reports — May 11, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

whoa, i love quesadillas and eating them for dessert sounds like a superb idea!

Miriam — May 11, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

With the dessert tortilla, I suggest making some stawberry flambe in Grand Marnier, this sure would be awesome!! Your (and mine as well) kind of recipe!! Here’s the recipe : heat a pan, add butter, then add some sugar and lemon zest, throw some sliced strawberry and fired with Grand Marnier, serve with ice cream, whipped cream or… some dessert tortilla AND ice cream AND whipped cream (then perhaps reduce portion… just a little!)) :)

• Jessica — May 11th, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

That sounds insanely fabulous! Thank you.

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — May 11, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

This is like my favorite snack on steroids!! I eat a peanut butter-stuffed tortilla just about every day (sometimes two) so clearly this is right up my alley.

annie — May 11, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

AHHHMAZING dessert idea girl!
    You’re so creative :D

Kat — May 11, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

I just found your site, you sold me on this post alone – I thought I was in heaven with the chocolate/peanut butter combo, but then you had to add the part about bacon…I had no idea other people thought like this! :)

Hanna — May 19, 2010 @ 9:34 pm

oh my gosh this looks amazing! I can’t believe i haven’t thought of this before. Although i can’t imagine it with the type of tortillas i usually eat…what brand are those in your pictures?
    p.s. I just came across your blog (found it on another blog i read!) – i love it! I have a crazy sweet tooth as well and i am currently getting my personal training certificate – nice to see another fitness professional with a love of all things sugar : )

• Jessica — May 20th, 2010 @ 5:29 am

I love La Tortilla tortillas and that’s pretty much all I use. My favorites are the whole wheat original and the handmade yellow corn.

Vicky — December 23, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

I made these dessert quesadillas last night and they were amazing! I changed the toppings a little bit and made home made whipped cream but they were absolutely delicious. And incredibly easy to make. Awesome recipe!

Asmita — November 12, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

OMG, looks amazing! Cannot wait to try these.

SkinnySimpleRecipes — April 3, 2012 @ 11:37 pm

I have to try your sweet quesadillas. they look good and I love cinnamon.
    I do also like “sweet and salty” desserts…so I make Pear honey cheese quesadillas. they’re awsome too.

Louise — December 1, 2012 @ 10:17 am

OMG you are SO FunnY!!! I love you recipes and comments, You really made my day now Im off to go bake and make crock pot asian chicken. THANK YOU!!