Have I ever mentioned how much I hate growing up?

Well, I really hate it.

Did you know that if you don’t live near water and want to go to the beach, it costs money to get there?

What? I don’t remember hearing anything about money when I was 7 or 8 years old. Thanks, mom and dad.

If you’re like me and can’t get to the beach each weekend, bring it to your living room. Invite some friends over, and buy some sand. Then load up on the margaritas.

Starters: Kiwi Mango Salsa, Cilantro Citrus Shrimp

Main Course Spread:

BBQ Ranch Shredded Chicken Sliders, Grilled Asparagus with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette, Crab & Avocado Quesadillas

Dessert: Lime Angel Food Cake with Pistachios and Lime Glaze

And if you do live near water and can get to the beach everyday, well. . .why haven’t I been invited?

13 Responses to “Menu: Bring the Beach Home.”

Lisa @bakebikeblog — May 20, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

oh what a beautiful and fresh menu :) PErfect for the warmer weather!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — May 20, 2010 @ 7:28 pm

Boo. I hate growing up too. And not living near the beach. But hey…at least we have the beauty of land-locked Pennsylvania, right? And this dish looks delicious :-)

Wei-Wei — May 20, 2010 @ 11:47 pm

This obviously reflects your inner genius for making up lovely, yummy, summery dishes. [sigh] I love your recipes, did you know that? :)

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — May 21, 2010 @ 12:26 am

I heard that if you load up enough margaritas, you won´t even realize that you aren´t actually at the beach…

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — May 21, 2010 @ 12:55 am

I’m kinda obsessed with how you photograph citrus on your blog. I think it just screams tropical vacation! If I lived near a beach, trust me, we would be having sangrias already!

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes — May 21, 2010 @ 2:49 am

This is such a perfect menu! No doubt margaritas would be great, but I literally just posted on these delicious coconut-lime coolers, which seem to fit perfectly! xxSAS

Heather — May 21, 2010 @ 7:03 am

laying out beach blankets in my living room now.

did you know i used to hate the beach?
    its still not my favorite place to go.
    Id rather vacation in a city with museums and walking tours and fabulous little diners than go to the beach and get sand in my picnic.

when i was a sophomore in high school, my uncle got married in top sail island NC. we made a week vacation out of it, and stayed on myrtle beach, SC.

my parents were pretty irrate when they realized that I had made my younger sister pack my clothes in her luggage so that i could bring my scarpbooking stuff with me in mine. like, 45 pounds of scrabbooking stuff.
    so that while thye were all at the beach, i could sit up in the room and scrapbook.

this occasionally comes up during family gatherings.
    i try not to point out that twice a year my mother and her best friend travel with their own specialized stamp/card making stuff to various places all over the country, when it does.
    i try REALLY HARD.
    it usually just ends up with me saying something that gets rolled eyes and “thats different!”s.

i have had a few fun times at the beach though, since then.
    i may or may not have visited the gulf of mexico a handful of times while living 45 minutes away from it in Texas. I may or may not have gone INTO the gulf 3 times. but thats a story for another day.

TRUST ME.

Krystle — May 21, 2010 @ 7:58 am

Those sliders sound amazing! And I love new ways of making the very few veggies that I do eat! Thanks for sharing :)

Kacy — May 21, 2010 @ 11:35 am

I am convinced that I would be more pleasant to be around if I lived near the water. I love it.

Daisy — May 21, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

I hate growing up to! I understand where you are coming from (though I don’t think I could live away from the coast) about missing the beach. Oh wait, yes I do. You cook amazing foods and just imagine you are there….

Amanda — May 22, 2010 @ 11:05 am

Looks great…totally refreshing! I might have to try it instead of that burger I was planning on eating. ;)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 24, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

I am never going to grow up. Boo to growing up!!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Menu: Bring the Beach Home. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com