Is there any better combo that chocolate and peanut butter?

I don’t think so. Though I wouldn’t mind adding in some salty flavor – like bacon or pickles, or both.

And no, I’m not pregnant. I’m just weird.

The chocolate cookies are not super sweet, meaning that most of you would love them. Of course, they still leave me wanting more since I can eat a cup of sugar with a spoon and desire more sweetness.

When it comes to cookies, I tend to overdo it on the chips. The phrase ‘less is more?’ I never follow that. Ever.

For anything.

I know I need to re-think that. I’m sure my life would benefit. So would my waistline. And my wallet.

This time I did follow it. Not on purpose, of course.

My bag of peanut butter morsels was at the end of the road. Ready to kick the bucket. Hanging on for dear life.

And when I usually would have just eaten the chips by the handful to finish off the bag, I knew they would be perfect in cookies.

And they were.

Even though the cookies aren’t very sweet, each time you get a bite of peanut butter is a creamy, delicious surprise.

They have the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.

And this is coming from the person who frequently eats a giant spoon of peanut butter with a few handfuls of chocolate chips smashed on top. And by frequently, I mean three or four times a day.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup peanut butter chips

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in peanut butter and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

For all of you peanut butter freaks out there, that is a big spoonful of White Chocolate Wonderful.

I would like to bathe in a giant tub of it. If you have never tasted it, you haven’t lived.

89 Responses to “Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.”

gina (fitnessista) — June 28, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

you’re a genius. that is all <3

Jenny — June 28, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

These look TO DIE FOR, but I bet the addition of bacon would seriously blow my socks off! I love all of your recipes!

Natalie (The Sweets Life) — June 28, 2010 @ 2:03 pm

bookmarking these–they look awesome!

katie — June 28, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

If i were ever on an island- I would bathe myself in PB and chocolate before, so that way when I got hungry I could just lick myself. YUM

The Waspy Redhead — June 28, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

Those looks soooo good. I’m sitting at my desk at work craving something salty & sweet. My mom used to bake chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips for me on the first day of school every year.

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — June 28, 2010 @ 5:44 pm

YUM! Speaking of White Chocolate Wonderful, I’d probably sub in white chocolate chips instead of the regular…which I ironically just bought a bag of today ;) I eyed up the peanut butter chips too but eventually declined. Darn it!

You had me at choc. and pb. Yummers.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 28, 2010 @ 6:10 pm

Nice. Super good looking. God, I wish I lived closer. I would love to take your leftovers :)

Camille — June 28, 2010 @ 7:43 pm

I want to bathe in these cookies.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — June 28, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

White Chocolate Wonderful is what dreams are made of.

Jolene ( — June 28, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

Those cookies look perfect – best combination!!!

Lara (Thinspired) — June 28, 2010 @ 10:01 pm

No words for this one. Jessica, you are such a culinary genius. I have to be honest, I haven’t yet found time to try one of your recipes, but every time I click on your site, I am inspired! These cookies might be the first one I try! I’m pretty committed ;)

• Jessica — June 29th, 2010 @ 6:12 am

You are too sweet. :) Thanks!

Erica — June 29, 2010 @ 3:41 am

You know, I’ve never used PB chips before! I think its about time I picked up a bag. Great cookies. A reese in cookie form…brilliant ;)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — June 29, 2010 @ 4:01 am

CaSaundra — June 29, 2010 @ 6:13 am

I have yet to find a better combo than chocolate and PB! Fantastic recipe!

Fit Chick in the City — June 29, 2010 @ 10:52 am

I’m with you… Less is not more!!!

Katie — June 29, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

That first shot of the batter and the chips makes me want to dive right in. Chocolate and pb are heavenly together…you win again.

Gabriela — June 29, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

You know, every time I read your blog I wish I still went to CMU so I could invite myself over for some home cooking. Your dessert skills are unparalleled…these look so simple but so incredibly yummy!!

megan — July 1, 2010 @ 6:22 am

I’ll take a couple dozen please!You can go ahead and just mail them. ;)

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — July 2, 2010 @ 2:55 am

Well then, I haven’t lived!! I’ve never tried a peanut butter cookie even! I simply don’t like the taste of PB, don’t know how it will be in a cookie though!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 2, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Lovely! These remind me of the Reese’s cookies that they sell here at the Chocolate World (tourist trap here in Hershey)… In fact, I just bought a few for the hubs when I was there with a friend.

Kristin — June 21, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

I made these for Father’s Day on Sunday…my husband raved!

Sharona — February 23, 2014 @ 11:50 am

Just made these and they were SUCH a hit! Love them! Will definitely be making them again soon! Thanks, Jessica!!

Trina — April 3, 2014 @ 9:05 pm

These were so good! Topped them, still warm straight from the oven, with vanilla icecream. UH-MAZ-ing!

Katie — February 8, 2015 @ 9:07 am

Delicious! Simple and taste great — highly recommend this recipe to any chocolate and peanut butter lovers!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies | How Sweet It Is --

2. Pingback: Crash & Burn « Heather's Dish

3. Pingback: 8 Tips on Baking For Two | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: spooky friday « Andi on the go

5. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches « A Kitchen in Cabbagetown

6. Pingback: Final Cut Pro X Anamorphic

7. Pingback: Galletas de Chocolate y Chispas de Mantequilla de Maní | Lorenza's Cupcakes

8. Pingback: This is it. Last Auctionable Cookies! (April) — Super Power Speech

9. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies | Confectionary Tales of a Bakeaholic