One of the reasons that I fell in love with Mr. How Sweet was because he was so. . .sensitive.

I had yet to realize that he had the appetite of a famished caveman.

Clearly, this meal probably won’t be cooked by a boy. It doesn’t include boxed pizza or the staple in our house – Archer Farms pasta and risotto.

But I can promise that a boy in your life will enjoy this meal.

Men like simple meals.

Starter: Pizza Dip

Main Course: Chicken Romano with Lemon Butter Sauce

Dessert: Cookies and Cream Brownies

According to Mr. How Sweet, real men don’t eat salads. Even though on our first date he ordered a grilled chicken salad without cheese and croutons alongside a mojito.

I guess I didn’t look into that too much.

20 Responses to “Menu: Let’s Hear It For the Boy.”

Julie — June 10, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

This meal is the perfect meal for men and I quote about the Chicken Romano with Lemon Butter Sauce…”this is the best meal you’ve ever made”

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — June 10, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

My mister LOVES chicken with any sort of lemon-y sauce. I think this menu is a keeper for him! Mr. How Sweet’s first date meal is cute! Do you think he was trying to impress you?

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — June 10, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Yeah, i can guarantee that the husband would love that meal like, a lot.

homecookedem — June 10, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

Not only would my boy love that meal, but I would too!! :)

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — June 10, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

Um pizza and dip in the same breath? The boy would be so so happy…

Wizzythestick — June 10, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

You got it right. men like things simple lots of meat and cheese and potatoes and you’re pretty much done:-) A lovely manly menu.

Wei-Wei — June 10, 2010 @ 6:59 pm

I think he’ll love it. I mean, what man doesn’t like pizza dip and protein and brownies? :D

Wei-Wei

Katie@The Baby Factory — June 10, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

Seriously…..that Chicken Romano looks to.die.for. If only I would just eat with my eyes :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 10, 2010 @ 7:58 pm

That chicken looks absolutely INSANE. Yummmm!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 10, 2010 @ 9:20 pm

My hubby doesn’t have a big appetite, so a salad would fill him up– or, that’s what he says, anyway. LOL

That chicken looks wonderful, it looks like fish. I could imagine mahi mahi or salmon taking its place. :)

Jenn

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — June 10, 2010 @ 10:03 pm

I have heard that too, that men don’t eat salad. Pssh. So weird. Although if I had my druthers (what does that expression mean anyways??) I would definitely be eating a lot more brownies than salads. :)

liane — June 10, 2010 @ 10:33 pm

It’s been almost 6 hours since I read the title of this post on twitter and I STILL have “Let’s hear it for the boy” stuck in my head. I finally had to find the song online and listen to it in its entirety so that I didn’t continue singing two lines from the chorus over and over again.

I just thought you should know.

Also, I’m sure Kevin Bacon would enjoy this meal, although I’m quite surprised, given Kevin’s surname, you hadn’t used a footloose reference when sharing a bacon themed meal with us.

NOW I feel like I should go on a tangent about how, when I was 9, I watched the Footloose dance sequence on a continuous loop for a week during summer vacation, trying in vain to teach myself the dance steps, and how difficult that was back in the day before technology brought us DVDs, the internet and Youtube, and how I’d have to watch the sequence, stop the VCR, rewind, rewatch, rewind, watch again… but then I’d just be challenging Heather’s reign as the “Commenting Queen”, so I’ll just stop….

• Jessica — June 11th, 2010 @ 9:52 am

You know, I never even thought of the Kevin Bacon correlation. But…I am not really a fan of his. :)

• Heather — June 14th, 2010 @ 8:21 am

dear liane.
      it’s okay.
      you can be princess ;)

but wait.
      that would make you my daughter.
      and im quite certain that’s not entirely possible.

you are pretty funny.
      you make me laugh (out loud, no less) on a daily basis.
      do you see where this is going?
      you could TOTALLY be jester.

Commenting Jester.
      I think I will design a hat for you and everything.
      just dont tell the fug girls.

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — June 11, 2010 @ 1:53 am

How sweet of Mr How Sweet to order a chicken salad and a MOJITO on your first date, cute :D

Amanda — June 11, 2010 @ 5:18 am

Oh my gosh… that first date bit is hilarious! :) Wish I could remember the details like that.

Great looking food girl!

Blessings-
    Amanda

MelissaNibbles — June 11, 2010 @ 6:11 am

My boyfriend is not a real man? He enjoys a salad with dinner every night. He has a weiner though….

Memoria — June 14, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

Plenty of men eat salad and know how to cook way beyond packaged meals. And not all of us want or have men in our lives in a romantic fashion. Despite that, this meal would be good for anyone.

Heather — June 21, 2010 @ 7:54 am

There are SOME people i would never consider taking to see stand up comedy.

that is all.

;) xoxoxox

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Menu: Let’s Hear It For the Boy. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com