I did it.

I baked for the first time with my beloved bacon.

How many of you are completely grossed out right now?

Because I plan on continuing.

Sure, in theory bacon in baked goods sounds incredible.

Up until now, I just couldn’t go through with it. I was afraid it would taste terrible, and then all my bacon fantasies would be ruined.

What if it was like Lindsay Lohan and Grey Goose? Perfectly fine when apart, but add the two together and you just get a hot mess.

Or like my sausage thighs encased in straight-legged jeans? Again – manageable alone, disaster when combined.

If bacon and baked goods didn’t work out, I didn’t know if I could bear it.

Luckily, within minutes of tasting the batter I knew I had made the right choice.

I couldn’t just stop at sweet, chewy blondies swirled with bacon.

I topped them with an inch of fluffy peanut butter frosting, sprinkling on more crispy bacon.

I honestly thought I was going to die and go to heaven.

This is heaven.

Given my obsession with ‘sweet and salty’ lately, these fit the bill perfectly.

And they made Mr. How Sweet want to vomit. There is nothing more disgusting to him that bacon mixed in cookies or cake.

Which meant that I had an entire 9 x 13 pan to eat by my lonesome. Don’t ask me what came over me. When I bake for just the two of us, I tend to 1/2 or even 1/4 a recipe so we don’t have mountains of baked goods to eat. But for some reason, I decided to double the recipe in this case.

I couldn’t help myself. I wanted thick blondies.

Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies

blondies from Simply Recipes

1 cup of butter, melted

2 cups of  brown sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons of vanilla

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

Pinch of salt

2 cups of all-purpose flour

6 sliced of bacon, fried and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and melted butter until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients together, and whisk into the batter. Fold in bacon.

Spread evenly in an 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done.

Peanut Butter Frosting

1 stick butter, softened

3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

2-3 cups powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2-3 tablespoons milk

6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add sugar gradually. Add vanilla. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. More liquid may be needed depending on how thick or creamy you want the frosting.

Frost blondies, then top with crumbled bacon.

I have a feeling this is not a good thing. I’ve broken the seal. I’ve opened the dam.

There is no going back.

Bacon for everyone!

109 Responses to “Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies.”

katie — June 11, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

ANOTHER BIG FAT YUMM! girl i found BACON dark chocolate today- thought about you!

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — June 11, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

Love. And want one.

Kailey — June 11, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

I absolutely LOVE your blog! I am on Weight Watcher’s so some of the recipes aren’t the best for me but they still make my mouth water :) I want to try the brownies you posted a couple days ago. They look amazing.

• Jessica — June 11th, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

Thank you so much!

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits — June 11, 2010 @ 12:50 pm

Wow… I am truly impressed with your bravery. Personally I am not ready to make this jump yet – and, like Mr. How Sweet, my husband is adamantly opposed to mixing bacon with dessert. BUT when I am, I will definitely give this a shot.

Katie — June 11, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

Revolutionary.

Once I had a chocolate dipped piece of bacon, and it was dang good – so I’m sure these would rock my socks. Good work.

Erin — June 11, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

I think I’ll just try the blondie recipe without the bacon first…

The Healthy Apron — June 11, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

I dont know if I have the gull to try bacon in a dessert. I’m not exactly gifted in the art of baking in the first place lol

Julie @ Pickley Pear — June 11, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

I can’t even imagine but I think I HAVE to try! Never met a piece of bacon I didn’t love.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 11, 2010 @ 7:01 pm

girl you know i love you but ummmm bacon. in sweets. well, bacon in general is not on my list :) but in sweets. no!!!

ok so i think i am mostly done w/ moving in from hell week and now can relax and next week, back to chats w/ you :) god, i have missed u so much this week but have had NO ‘ptuer time. Bout to get better though :)

xo

Kristi — June 11, 2010 @ 7:06 pm

I used to eat toast w/ peanut butter and bacon as a kid, so this recipe actually sounds totally delicious to me!

mags — June 11, 2010 @ 7:08 pm

LMAO… I couldn’t even get through the entire post. I lost it when I read about Lindsay Lohan and Grey Goose….LOLOL!

Bacon is like crack. It’s addictive and it goes with everything. Nuff said.

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibbl) — June 12, 2010 @ 7:00 am

OH MY. Not grossed out. Not one bit. Completely the opposite. In fact, I think I am drooling all over my computer ;)

xo
    Kris

Erica — June 12, 2010 @ 7:04 am

Oh my gosh….these really do have bacon in them. I thought it was a joke. My sister who loves bacon is going to go crazy over this recipe! I am going to have to try this.

Ken Topham — June 12, 2010 @ 8:00 am

I have been hearing and reading about bacon used in baking for a long time. I trust Jessica and if she says its good we can put it in the bank! I’m going to make this kiddo!

Daisy — June 12, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

I had the best french toast with bacon and sauteed apples for brunch on friday. you should check the pics out. you might be drooling almost as much as I am right now….

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — June 12, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

holy. holy. holy. I think my husband is going to fall in love with you all over again when I send him this recipe.

Val — June 12, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

Holy Moly!!! Amazing.

Sarah — June 13, 2010 @ 10:54 am

As soon as I shared this recipe with my husband, he was making the blondies. They were fantastic. Thank you.

Kelly Olexa — June 13, 2010 @ 11:53 am

OMG. I am in love with your blog. I am in love with those BLONDIES!!
    ;-) I’m adding your fabulousness to my blogroll and will be here regularly!!
    Awesomeness.
    @kellyolexa

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — June 13, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

My friend would totally love you. He is a bacon fanatic and would eat anything bacon. Our other friend baked him maple cupcakes, with maple frosting and bacon on top! You might like those. :)

Lisa Mc — June 13, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

The Food Network Magazine posted a recipe for Maple French Toast Cupcakes with Bacon…….I hesitated for about all of a minute before trying them. THEY ARE REALLY GOOD. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/maple-french-toast-and-bacon-cupcakes-recipe/index.html So……..seeing how I have already broken the baking with bacon seal……..I guess these are next up – too bad we don’t live closer together – we could share baked goods (I’m thinking my family will not be as open minded either ;/).

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 13, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

When I read the title, I thought … ‘oh no she didn’t!!!!!’

She did :-)

You are a very naughty baker.

I want one!

Eliana — June 13, 2010 @ 7:37 pm

As if I didn’t love bacon already – this post makes me love it even more. These look outstanding.

AngelaP — June 14, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Wow! those look so sinful! I recently made maple bacon cupcakes that were amazing! The funny thing is I seriously thought I was the first one to come up with it, but no. Googled it and apearantly many others had thought of it first. :( oh well! my recipe was still original! LOL I’m such a dork!

Sophie @ yumventures — June 14, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

I can’t believe you did this! Amazing! I have been trying to convince my bf (a sweet and bacon lover) that bacon and baked goods must go perfectly together. He is skeptical. Perhaps these will change his mind?

Holly — June 15, 2010 @ 11:10 am

Oh my gosh- I was looking @ the picture of your recipe & said to myself ‘is that bacon?!’ I had to re-read it a few times to realize that yes, it really was bacon. I will have to make this for the bf- with his love of bacon + peanut butter I think this might just make him propose to me on the spot- LOL!!! :D

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 16, 2010 @ 10:02 am

I haven’t actually tried baking with bacon yet either… But, I’ve heard good things. These look very tasty to me. I just might have to get over my fears and give these a try!

Ken Topham — June 24, 2010 @ 8:12 am

Well I just had to make these since Jessica presented them. All I can say is WOW! Everyone here flipped over them! Most everyone came back and asked for seconds. They really need to come with a warning label since after all…..who needs MORE fat and calories added to blondies! Awesome recipe Jessica!

Luv ya!

Ken

Stephanie — January 22, 2011 @ 12:00 am

Hmm I love PB & bacon sandwiches, so I’ll have to give these a try…

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — February 1, 2012 @ 11:23 am

These sound great for the superbowl. I’mt hinking I’ll add dark chocolate chips to the blondies…

Lisa — November 12, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I made these last night and they were fantastic! Such an easy recipe and they came out perfectly! I got many complements. Definitely a recipe to try for anyone who likes sweet and salty together.

Jane — September 25, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

I’m looking for a good bacon dessert recipe for a going away party for the biggest bacon fanatics I know!! This looks like it might be the winner – but quick question. Did you use candied bacon? Do you think candied bacon would work with this or would it be too sweet? Interested in your input!!

• Ashley — November 13th, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

Hey Jane, I made these last night and saw your comment….I used regular bacon and it was perfect. Honestly there is so much sugar and butter they are SO rich to begin with you don’t need any more sweetness. Like I said in my comment below, they were a TOTAL HIT at work

Ashley — November 13, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

I made these yesterday,….AMAZING!!!
    I left them in the break room at work with a sign saying what they were, and they vanished. People were talking about them left and right!

I just have to say though, in the recipe did you leave out the butterscotch?? I was shopping for ingredients and and thought, wait a minute, she is missing what makes a blondie a blondie! So I added the butterscotch to mine, it was delightful :)

Thanks for the great idea!!!! I will definitely be making these again!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Running on PURE Caffeine! « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

3. Pingback: A Thursday Feast. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies, Holla! « Baking With Izzie

5. Pingback: 55 Recipes For New Year’s Eve. | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: Bacon Butterscotch Blondies « My Shiny Life

7. Pingback: maple bacon blondies « spill the beans

8. Pingback: » Blog Archive » Wife skills

9. Pingback: Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies | Take A Break and Bake

10. Pingback: Bacon Blondies | The Baking Robot

11. Pingback: Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies | Life With Sugar

12. Pingback: 22 Mouth-Watering Desserts Improved By Bacon | シ最愛遲到.!

13. Pingback: 22 Mouth-Watering Desserts Improved By Bacon | Celebrity Gossip and Photos

14. Pingback: Foodie News: 22 Mouth-Watering Desserts Improved By Bacon | ASQRD

15. Pingback: 22 Mouth-Watering Desserts Improved By Bacon | IPOPSOS

16. Pingback: Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies | I love to cook, and he loves to eat