I’ve made no secret that I love quick, at-home workouts that get the job done when time is limited.

Maybe I just don’t like leaving my couch?

The truth is, I don’t do them at home that often. I do much better getting up and going to the gym. That way I don’t get distracted by glittery things that catch my eye such a stilettos and bacon.

I don’t know how those things derail a workout, but believe me, they do.

My at-home workouts usually get done on the weekends. I like ‘em quick and dirty.

All you need is a set of dumbbells.

Get-It-Done at Home

20 Walking lunges with overhead presses (press overhead during the lunge)

20 Squat thrusts to pushups (Squat, jump down to pushup, jump up to squat)

10 alternating side lunges with tap to the floor

Wall Sit – 90 seconds

10 burpees

60 second side plank (right)

60 seconds mountain climbers

60 second side plank (left)

20 plie squat jumps (start in plie squat, jump feet together, jump apart)

20 triceps dips

90 seconds bicycle crunches

REPEAT ONCE

11 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: At-Home Blast.”

rhea (Greek Feaster) — July 12, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

YES. Thank you for this. My office is moving in t-minus 10 days, which means I can kiss my around-the-block gym goodbye.
    Now I can just walk from my bed to my yoga mat :D

Jenny — July 12, 2010 @ 5:56 pm

Perfect for rainy days like today was! Thanks:)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 12, 2010 @ 7:01 pm

Ha, I myself often get distracted by bacon, lol. I know what you mean about being distracted by just everything besides your workout. I usually prefer going to the gym unless I do a workout DVD. Usually a DVD will hold my interest.

Wei-Wei — July 13, 2010 @ 5:43 am

Yaaaaay! Another home workout. Thanks so much! :)

Wei-Wei

Lisa @ I'm an Oie — July 13, 2010 @ 8:29 am

love it! I might do this today since I’m in a hotel gym!

april — July 13, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Great idea!! I’m the same way.. sometimes if I try to workout at home I’ll hear the thing that says I get an email or something and I’ll get distracted! Ha! But this would be perfect for the days that I can’t get to the gym!

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — July 13, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

AWESOME!!! Love this!

Katie — July 13, 2010 @ 3:12 pm

Yesssss! I love at home workouts. This is going to be so perfect come those cold Colorado winter mornings. Thanks!

roz — July 15, 2010 @ 11:27 am

thanks for the guidance and the INSPIRATION! Roz

plankgrilledmos — July 30, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

I wouldn’t actually recognize how I ended upwards in this article, even so assumed this release was very good. I don’t know individual preference could possibly be however undoubtedly you are likely to some sort of famed writer when you are definitely not by now. Cheers!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fitness Kick Start: At-Home Blast. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com