It’s no secret that I love peanut butter.

If I was stranded on a desert island and could only take 3 things, a jar of nut butter and a spoon would be 2 of them. I haven’t quite figured out the 3rd yet. It’s a toss up between bacon and my favorite pair of shoes.

When I make nut butters at home, I rarely make plain, boring ones. I like fun flavors. I don’t do ‘plain.’ Plain makes me cry. Take a look.

Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter

This one is my favorite. Don’t hate it because it’s beautiful.

Pistachio Coconut Butter

This one here may be an ugly duckling, but I promise she makes up for it. The pistachio-coconut combo is a fabulous one. The only way to get rid of the ugliness is to eat the entire batch. It works, I promise.

Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter

I hate almond butter. There, I said it. I think almond butter is bland, not sweet enough for me, and tastes like hot garbage. But I love this homemade version. Probably because there is chocolate in it.

Vanilla Cinnamon Pecan Butter

Hello, perfect pecan butter. Aren’t pecans the least healthy nut you can eat? They are kind of like the corn of vegetables. That must be why I love them so much.

What is your favorite non-peanut butter nut butter? I find that making them at home is quick and delicious. Yes, you need the mother of food processors. No, your mini food processor may not work. But it might catch on fire. As long as you have the proper equipment, the process is fast and painless.

Any homemade nut butters you are dying to try? I would love to try Ashley’s salt-kissed cashew butter. Her cocoa-coco pnat butter is incredible, too.

76 Responses to “Homemade Nut Butter Love.”

Kelly — July 15, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

Those look freaking amazing. I would love to make the pistachio but I don’t know if I could shell that many without sticking half of them in my mouth. :)

Susan — July 15, 2010 @ 1:26 pm

I love everything about this post. And pecans. Now that I know they’re the corn of nuts, my love for them suddenly makes sense. My favourite homemade nut butter concoction is either maple pecan, or bacon peanut butter. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, mix the two together ;)

• Jessica — July 15th, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

Bacon peanut butter?!
      I love you.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — July 15, 2010 @ 1:29 pm

I hate almond butter too!! Maybe, I just need to try more types like yours? Thanks for the great recipe!!

Renee — July 15, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

This post is not going to help with my nut butter addiction! Seriously I think I may overdose one day.

april — July 15, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

I’m definitely in the nut butter loving club too!

alison — July 15, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

I just came across your site, and I’m so glad I did. These look amazing! Not sure which one to try first. Great job!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — July 15, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

*drool*
    I dont think I could pick a favourite! They are all so good!!!

Laura — July 15, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

I like almond butter (or at least I think it’s better than hot garbage!), but I think that’s only because I’m allergic to peanuts and am too chicken to try other nuts.
    Right now I totally feel like a nut-butter-making-virgin because I’ve never made anything other than just plain!! But I will definitely be making your Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter, it looks like joy in a spoon!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — July 15, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

Ohhh yumyumyum. That reminds me of a cinnamon-brown-sugar nut butter that I always used to get from the farmers’ market in Burlington, Vermont. I never imagined it was something I could make myself!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 15, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

I want to try all of those! They all sounds SO good to me!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — July 15, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

I have never made homemade nut butters, but I sure am inspired to try now! I have a ton of nuts leftover from my raw diet (so far, anyway), I should make some!!

Jenn

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — July 15, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

Oh my goodness how do you find time to make all these amazing things?!

Pure2Raw Twins — July 15, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

WOW! All these look and sound heavenly! I have to try that coconut pistachio one, I have been craving pistachios all the time lately ;)

Cara — July 15, 2010 @ 9:12 pm

I am a fan of any kind, though I have never made any myself.
    Like you said, I definitely do not have the proper equipment to get the job done.

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — July 15, 2010 @ 11:48 pm

wow, amazing. I want the vanilla cinnamon one… those are my two favorite flavors.

i have actually never tried any non peanut butter nut butter besides cashew butter. when i moved to africa two years ago i did not even KNOW these other ones existed! and here i can only get PB, but i did somehow obtain a jar of homemade cashew butter from someone. i much prefer the PB, specifically the one jar of dark chocolate dreams that i brought back from the states.

Melissa @ Tryingtoheal — July 16, 2010 @ 11:06 am

wow, those nut butters look awesome! i wish i had the machinery to make them!!!

Shelby — July 20, 2010 @ 7:09 am

The Cherry almond butter looks so amazing, I want to drop everything and make it now!!

Stephanie — January 29, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

Great combos! I’m ADDICTED to making my own nut butters. I definitely want to try this cherry almond concoction you posted!
    I just made a cinnamon vanilla almond-walnut butter that is diiiivine. With a little sea salt, trust me you’ll start loving almond butter!

I’m also trying to perfect a cinnamon raisin almond butter mmm
    Bring on the butters!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Homemade Nut Butter Love. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com