I’m off to serve jury duty today.

I am not a happy camper.

This would be my first time getting called for jury duty. Do you think if I brought cookies they would just let me leave? Or maybe since I have a public blog they will send me home?

While I’m in the business of complaining, I thought I’d remind you how much I hate being an adult. I really don’t like growing up.  And jury duty is a grown up thing. Right there next to doing dishes, folding laundry, dusting, saving money and eating vegetables.

Growing up is not for me.

Grown ups usually don’t eat cookie dough.

In fact, they usually tell their kids to stay away from the dough.

Well, I ate some dough. Raw eggs and all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if salmonella is what gets me out of jury duty, no?

But it would be so worth it. First off, because I really don’t want to sit in a room all day without internet access. I have this thing called an… addiction. And second, because the dough is just so delicious.

Dare I say it’s better than the actual cookie itself?

Dried cherries remind me of northern Michigan. I think I’ve mentioned that approximately 43 times over the last year.

Every time I cook or bake with them it takes me back to my childhood.

So when I made these this past weekend and then ate 5 in a row, I was really taken back to my childhood.

And I was really full.

Cherries and Cream Cookies

makes about 24 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons heavy cream

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 cup dried cherries

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla and heavy cream. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until dough just comes together. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.

Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set and golden around the edges.

If you’ve ever wondered how I “bake so much” when it’s just the two of us – check out my tips on baking for two!

81 Responses to “Cherries and Cream Cookies.”

Leah @ Why Deprive? — August 31, 2010 @ 11:04 am

Im not a fan of growing up either. It kind of sucks. :)

These cookies look amazing. I have a freezer full of cherries, technically that makes them frozen and not dried, but I think Im going to try these.

Nichole — August 31, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

NOM nom! Cherries are so fresh right now, perfect timing.

I don’t care either on the cookie dough, go with what you knough, er know:) Baking is 1/2 the fun!

Karen — August 31, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

Sweet Jesus! These cookies look diabolical! In a good way. Cannot wait to try this recipe.

Megan (Braise The Roof) — August 31, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Great tips. I often 1/2 recipes (I’m not a big baker- cooking is my therapy of choice) and you’re right, it’s the process of doing it more than eating all of the food. I have to say, though, your cookie and brownie recipes make me want to put my baking apron on and get dirty.

Aubri @ Tried and Tried Again — August 31, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

I have a thing for dried cherries, and these look like some serious cookies. Can’t wait to try them! I made zucchini bread today (which I love and eat too much of) and “healthied” (I think I might have made up that word??) it up a bit using some hints I learned from your blog (WW Pastry Flour and yogurt). It turned out so good! Thanks for the great recipes and the fun, hilarious reading!

homecookedem — August 31, 2010 @ 3:41 pm

When you get pregnant, you can call in and tell them you have morning sickness and get out of it!! That’s what I did earlier this summer. Seriously though, literally right after I got off the phone with them, I ran to the toilet, haha! ;)

Those cookies sound awesome. I think I would eat half of the dough before getting them in the oven though!!

Mary (A Merry Life) — August 31, 2010 @ 4:11 pm

Fun recipe. I would take cookies to them and try to get out of it. That would be hilarious. ;)

Katie — August 31, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

I know it’s kind of crazy, but I’ve always kind of wanted to get jury duty. I think it would be cool to see how it all works! That’s the nerdy teacher in me.

Aaand the cookies look phenomenal.

Kate — August 31, 2010 @ 6:10 pm

I’m having an attack of the grown-ups day! Some days I wish I was a kid!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — August 31, 2010 @ 6:15 pm

beautiful! And I hope you DO somehow get out of jury duty. That’s a bummer.

Sarah — August 31, 2010 @ 6:20 pm

Oh, these look so delicious. Yum.

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ — August 31, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

I love all the chunks in the cookies.

Lauren @ Team Giles — August 31, 2010 @ 8:15 pm

Hope Jury Duty went by fast and painless :D

your blog always makes me want to come to your house and watch you cook. I bet your house smells amazing!

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 31, 2010 @ 8:28 pm

I agree, there really is nothing like cookie dough. Raw eggs don’t scare me either. I will never forget my first time trying Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream…permanently etched in my mind. These cookies look great! xo

Joe @ Eden Kitchen — August 31, 2010 @ 10:04 pm

Jury duty – arrrghhhh i feel your pain! Guess what I just found out – here in New Zealand if the defendant chooses to defend themselves then they get to see all personal details of each juror – including name and address. Scary!! Anyway these cookies look AMAZING. Absolutely delicious. I’ve seen so many things I want to make this week I don’t know where I’m gonna get the time!

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — September 1, 2010 @ 10:01 am

Juries were abolished here after a huge scam. So luckily, I’ll never have to serve. Those cookies look like perfect things to get you through it though. Cherries + cream is pure bliss!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — September 1, 2010 @ 10:52 am

UGH jury duty. I’m waiting to be called one fateful day. Not fun…hopefully you weren’t called back!! These look heavenly though, and I love the name!

Becca — September 1, 2010 @ 11:52 am

I SO hope that you have the luck I’ve had… I’ve been called to jury duty once in my 46 years of life, and never had to appear because the case was settled before I even got to the courthouse!

Thank you for another incredibly yummy weekend treat idea :-)

stephchows — September 1, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

Just say you hate everyone, then they will let you go ;)

Jen — September 1, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

After reading all of these negative comments about jury duty it makes me kind of sad. If you all don’t want to be a member of our society feel free to move or change the law if you have a better idea. Change starts with one person. Don’t complain about something you’re not willing to do the work to change.

I was a juror a couple of months ago and was really disappointed not to be chosen.

BTW, love the cookie recipe – looks delicious.

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — September 2, 2010 @ 12:07 am

Jury duty? we don’t have it, I wonder would I like it?

Amanda — September 2, 2010 @ 6:11 am

Fantastic! I adore you. And your ability to know every sweet that makes me swoon.

Tiffany — September 11, 2010 @ 8:59 am

Oh my goodness! I was a little skeptical at how brown these turned out around the edges (I HATE crispy cookies), but these were the most moist and delicious things ever! Quite possible my new favorite cookie!

Stefanie — September 12, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

I made these yesterday and brought them to work today. I will use 1 cup of the dried cherries next time for more cherry flavor. Thanks for the recipe!

Mattivan — December 2, 2012 @ 4:31 am

If they saw the book, YES.But not everybody bnirgs their books with them to the jury box and if they do, the attorneys would really have to be squinting to see what book you’re readingif your WANTING to get picked, you definitely wont if they see that book. well, depends on the case Was this answer helpful?

Marietta Kessler — July 3, 2013 @ 5:45 am

Salmonella poisoning affects thousands of individuals each year. The good news is that it can be prevented. It is only a matter of proper hygiene and the practice of food safety in the kitchen. Here is a list of ways to prevent it: Wash hands frequently Dirty hands can bring about cross contamination.;,.”

Find out about our new blog too ..*-`

Remember to find out more about this useful blog
    <http://www.healthwellnesslab.com/index.php