I’ve never been one for milkshakes.

I like to eat my calories rather than drink them, especially when it comes to dessert.

Though I used to really love the hot fudge milkshake at Dairy Queen – have you ever tried that? It is unreal.

But regular old milkshakes don’t do much for me.

Then I saw this in the recent issue of Bon Appetit.

And I get hungry.

That magazine makes me eat my emotions.

Now I’m reconsidering my take on milkshakes.

This was so delicious.

Even better – the peach was perfectly juicy and ripe. I love sweet peaches.

I almost wish I would have added a second one.

And you really only need one cookie for the shake.

But I bought two. Just so I could eat one by it’s lonesome.

Totally worth it.

Snickerdoodle-Peach Milkshake

from Bon Appetit, September 2010

1 cup milk

1/2 cup ice cream

1-2 fresh peaches, chopped

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 snickerdoodle cookie + crumbles for garnish

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Garnish with cookie crumbs.

I need one of these for breakfast.

It’s Monday, so that’s my excuse. Not that I ever needed one before.

64 Responses to “Snickerdoodle-Peach Milkshake.”

Megan (Braise The Roof) — August 23, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

I’m with you on the “drinking my calories” thing. Except for alcohol. That’s usually worth it. :)

Kelly — August 23, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

Gorgeous. Are you ever not creative with your recipes? Do you think I could just refer to this as a smoothie and have it for breakfast? Yum. Sounds like the perfect way to take advantage of the peaches now in season.

Also, I’m in the running for a recipe contest and would love, love, love your support if you have a minute. All you have to do is visit the following link and click that you like my video. I would much appreciate it. :0) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkllXlndi4

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — August 23, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

I know I’m a freak here, but I would rather have a cookie than a piece of fruit. Although I make myself frozen fruit protein drinks, I never thought of blending fresh fruit up in some type of milk. Fabulous idea! I think I will have this right now!!

Cara — August 23, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

I always need a treat at the end of my Mondays…it’s hard getting back into the swing of things sometimes.

Jennifer — August 23, 2010 @ 6:28 pm

I love fresh peaches and they are wonderful in smoothies.

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ — August 23, 2010 @ 8:42 pm

I’m all about the peaches right now.

LimeCake — August 24, 2010 @ 2:11 am

i’d never think to combine a snickerdoodle and peaches. i need one for breakfast right now. yum

MizFit — August 24, 2010 @ 3:47 am

it’s tuesday.
    I NEED one now.

Katrina — August 24, 2010 @ 3:51 am

Aww yeah, this looks so tasty. I’m a milkshake girl, and this looks soooo yummy!

Ingrid — August 24, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

Love milkshakes! This looks fabulous!

Jenna — August 25, 2010 @ 9:41 am

Wow–this looks like one amazing milkshake. I’ll have to try it . . .

heather — August 25, 2010 @ 9:47 am

LET US REVIEW:

YOU SAID: “The day I find that magazine in my mailbox is the best day of the month. I just pour over it. And I get hungry. And eat cookies or pita chips or whatever is in reach, while really wishing I was eating each dish off every page. That magazine makes me eat my emotions. ”

ahem.
    now you know how i feel about a certain little blog i love to read.
    ahem.