This past weekend, we went to the wine and food festival at 7 Springs.

This festival is basically the bane of Mr. How Sweet’s existence. It is $32 just for entry, and for someone who doesn’t like wine? He is not a fan. Especially when the available chicken and steak are just as costly. But see, I need him to come in carry the wine I buy. Because I don’t want to lug it around.

Happy wife = happy life, right?

The good news is that the weather was beautiful. It was hot, but breezy. That kind of weather is pertinent to me not throwing a giant tantrum. I sweat like a man. I need to move to Antarctica.

Luckily, the weather was just as delicious as the wine. No tantrum for me!

I like that guy up there because he likes food. And no, he doesn’t like food like how Mr. How Sweet adores beef. He likes food in the sense that he knows what truffle oil is.

We tasted lots and lots of wine.

This was my favorite:

Not because the wine was good, but because after you’ve sipped the equivalent to 2 bottles of wine, names like “morning wood,” “instant o” and “indecent exposure” are pretty funny.

They also had chocolate strawberry wine. You know I was all over that.

This was about the time that Mr. How Sweet began to pace. You can imagine his dismay when his tipsy wife was throwing around the DSLR that she has no idea how to use.

So he got a rum and coke at a wine fest.

He probably would have drank some wine, but he claimed that they were being “stingy” with the wine since no one would pour him a full glass.

I guess he needed something to calm his nerves.

The best part of the wine fest is that there is always a band playing, and there are people that have been drinking wine since 11 am. It is quite a sight to see.

I tried to take a picture of my cute dress and shoes, but you can imagine how that turned out after approximately 834 glasses of wine.

This is the only long dress in my life I will ever own because my height rivals that of one of the seven dwarfs.

Can you see me?

We ended up with over 20 bottles total, but I think that is pretty decent since we drank wine all afternoon.

I got a few bottles of “goofy fruit wine” as my dad calls them. I love sweet wine that tastes like juice. Don’t judge me.

After we left we went to church to celebrate a mass for Mother Lovett and then out to dinner with my family where Mr. How Sweet proceeded to drink 3 frozen raspberry daiquiris. I’m still trying to decide if I should be alarmed.

32 Responses to “Wine is Good.”

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — August 17, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Can I just say that you and your hubs are so cute!!!!

yay for wine! I’m current sitting in a house with no furniture complaining that our furniture has not made it yet from Germany. You know what I really want instead of furniture? Our wine collection that we also had shipped. I need it!! Badly!! :)

kay (eating machine) — August 17, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

i have been teaching my husband the whole happy wife = happy life thing.
    because really, it’s true.

• Jessica — August 17th, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

Good luck. Mine still hasn’t learned.

Kristina — August 17, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

I love reading everything here… you make me laugh :)

Matt — August 17, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

My mom would live for that! She is the wine queen ;)

Eunice — August 17, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

That looks like fun! And I don’t even drink wine all that much.

I don’t own any long dresses because of the shorty thing too, but that dress looks cute! Well, from what I can see. :)

Wei-Wei — August 17, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

Chocolate strawberry wine sounds absolutely amazing.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — August 17, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

This looks like so much fun!! I love events like this.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 17, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

hahah i love the fruit goofy wine!! there are wineries in ithaca NY where I went to college and we wentmy senior year…all of the grapes in upstate NY are so so so swweet so I was in heaven! they seriously tasted like juice!
    omg you and mr how sweet are too cute!! i love the pics!

and love your shoes! :)

Katie — August 17, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

So much fun! Gorgeous pictures, too!

Amy — August 17, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

That wine festival looks like so much fun! There are wineries popping up all over the place here in Maine where I am, hopefully someday we’ll have our own wine festival.

homecookedem — August 17, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

I want a full picture of that dress!! I bet it’s soooooo pretty on you!! :)

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — August 17, 2010 @ 6:27 pm

Wine IS good. I love fruity wines too. I definitely would have been all over that.

Tina — August 17, 2010 @ 6:40 pm

Sounds like my kind of event. :D And I loved seeing pictures of you!

Kelly — August 17, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

You two are adorable. Love the tipsy photos. I loooovveee wine so I think I would have a hard time dating someone who didn’t. A wine tasting or a trip to a winery is my idea of a good weekend. That said $32 is a wee bit pricy.

As a side note, I’m not sure if you have/had my blog in your RSS reader, but if so you may need to update the feed. I didn’t realize when I switched over to feedburner that my old subscribers would no longer be updated so just wanted to send out the FYI. I have the link to the new feed at the top of my blog. :-)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — August 17, 2010 @ 6:51 pm

This is such a cute post! This sounds like my kind of festival! And you came home with more than 20 bottles of wine?! Day-yum!
    Love the sunglasses picture:)

Kath — August 17, 2010 @ 6:52 pm

Wine is WAY good!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 17, 2010 @ 7:08 pm

i wanna go!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — August 17, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

oooh now THIS is my kinda event! And Mr BBB would totally do the same thing and order a rum n coke :)

Pure2raw twins — August 17, 2010 @ 8:18 pm

oh yes wine is good! Looked like a fun time!

DessertForTwo — August 17, 2010 @ 9:05 pm

What is it with men and wine? Anytime I drag my cowboy to Napa (which is like monthly these days), he paces and orders whiskey and coke at the nearest bar. He thinks real men don’t like wine. And to that I say “more for us!”

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — August 18, 2010 @ 4:34 am

haha 20 bottles!? Your poor husband must have really had a work out carrying those around. I’d take a cart.

I love wine fests but I think I like beer fests better.

Gabriela — August 18, 2010 @ 4:46 am

I love posts written in this style- they’re hysterical. My boyfriend hates wine, but pretends to like the expensive bottles my dad gets whenever we go out to dinner. I’m always tempted to call him out on it. Men :) Happy hump day love!!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibbl) — August 18, 2010 @ 5:14 am

You guys are adorable! I LOVE wine festivals, luckily my hubby likes wine :P but not food. Well, he eats it and enjoys it, but he doesn’t GET it. So I understand.

xo
    Kris

Kacy — August 18, 2010 @ 5:34 am

I would have been all over that. I love wine festivals! Love your dress too, I am also too short but I own one and it’s not nearly as cute as yours.

MelissaNibbles — August 18, 2010 @ 6:05 am

I would get a rum and coke at a wine tasting too. Looks like you guys made your own fun. I want to hang out with you!!

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — August 18, 2010 @ 6:38 am

Ooh… super jealous of all the delicious wine!!

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — August 18, 2010 @ 10:31 am

I love wine, I wish we had such fun festivals here too!

Natalie (The Sweets Life) — August 18, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

hahaha my friend just told me her bf ordered a raspberry mojito when they were at dinner and she was alarmed..

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — August 19, 2010 @ 9:15 am

Sounds like you guys had an enjoyable day! I just love your blog posts!

Jenna — August 25, 2010 @ 9:51 am

Heh heh–I also love fruity wine that tastes like juice. I’m not judging. =)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Wine is Good. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com