Gift Peek.

Hi friends!

Monday was a day of rest for me. Well, only in workout means. I switched things up and did legs yesterday and took today off. I can barely walk, but I’m kinda liking this whole no-workout-on-Monday thing. It may be my new rest day. I beat my legs up with this yesterday:

*4 x 16 lunges

*4 x 12 deadlifts

*4 x 20 step ups

*4 x 10 leg presses

*4 x 10 leg extensions

I wasn’t thinking and went way too heavy on my first lunge and felt the pull right through my inner thigh. I yelped in a pain a little bit but it didn’t bother me for the rest of the workout. I definitely took things lighter though.

So many of you wanted to see Mr. How Sweet’s birthday gifts, so here is a little peek!

The only item that Mr. How Sweet requested for his birthday were shirts for work. You are probably thinking I may as well have gotten him underwear and socks, right? Well, the guy never says he wants anything. So I scooped up a few nice shirts. And he may have a “choice” on these – but that’s another story for another time.

Not really sure if Mr. How Sweet even likes this gift. He has had his old school iPod nano for about 4 years, which is like 807 years in iPod age. I was not planning on getting him this gift, but on Friday his iPod died. He managed to get it reset and working again, but neither one of us can live without music during our workouts. I don’t know if he will keep the shuffle or perhaps exchange it for another iPod.

Fun shoes. Well, fun to me.

A book on watches because Mr. How Sweet loves watches. His dream is to design watches for a living. You don’t even want to know the watch count in this house.

And a sweatshirt that I will probably steal and wear more than he does.

Remember how I said I was really bad with gift cards? Well, I bought almost all of Mr. How Sweet’s birthday gifts with gift cards! It was quite the economical birthday, if I do say so my self.

(Trust me: me and the word “economical” do not get along…)

And guess what? Tonight’s dinner was made up of these:

I know. I shudder at the thought. I will share the recipe tomorrow. Who am I?

28 Responses to “Gift Peek.”

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — September 20, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

Haha, all my BF ever wants are practical things as well. Men are so hard to shop for…why can’t they just have a go-to option, like women and jewelry?!

Mary (A Merry Life) — September 20, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

Those are some nice gifts! You are such a good wife. ;)

Brussel sprouts for dinner? Oh my!

april — September 20, 2010 @ 3:39 pm

Men are hard to shop for! And for anniversaries especially.. what are you supposed to get?? Ha!

Ouchie on the workout! I have to be careful with sumo squats too b/c I seem to easily hurt my inner thigh.. they are so tight!

Cynthia (It All Changes) — September 20, 2010 @ 3:39 pm

I love that you used gift cards to buy his gifts. Very economical and you made him an awesome meal.

As a wife with a husband who says he doesn’t want anything or much you did a fabulous job figuring out stuff he’d like based on him even with no actual ideas given :-)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — September 20, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

Mr. How Sweet made out like a bandit! Those Nikes are awesome!

Jil — September 20, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

Awesome gifts!! :)

Matt — September 20, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

You are eating a veggie. Are you sick?

emptynutjar — September 20, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

I’ve been your blog more lately…and I have to say that I’m surprised you don’t have a book(recipe) deal…i think u write just as well or better (but “better” is an ugly word) than others. Amazing way with words and a camera.

• Jessica — September 20th, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

Wow. Thank you so, so, SO much. You have no idea how much this means to me.

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — September 20, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

WHOA! Who the hell took over your blog Jessica!? I kid. Must say, I am anxiously awaiting your b-sprout recipe.

Mr How Sweet made out like a bandit. He’s a lucky guy ;) The book about watches is very, very… interesting.

• Jessica — September 20th, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

Tomorrow! :)

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — September 20, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

Brussels sprouts?! I almost don’t believe it!

Danielle — September 20, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

Somehow, you made those Brussels sprouts look cute. I never thought I would use Brussels sprouts and cute in the same sentence, but those – they’re cute!

Tina — September 20, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

Love the idea of a rest day on Monday! And the idea of getting gifts with gift cards. :)

mags — September 20, 2010 @ 6:37 pm

I can’t wait to see how you write the about the brussels sprouts without gagging. (I’ve heard that you’re not big on veggies so I’m thinking it’ll be an interesting read…LOL)

Rachel — September 20, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

Brussel sprouts?!? WHO have you become?! Hahaha and the watch thing is really hilarious/adorable.

Zerique — September 20, 2010 @ 7:55 pm

I love reading your recipes and posts and have shared them with every friend I know. The pictures alone make my mouth water. I extremely enjoy reading and ‘trying’ to cook like you!

Zerique — September 20, 2010 @ 7:56 pm

Sues — September 20, 2010 @ 8:18 pm

That sweatshirt looks so nice and comfy :) And the brussel sprouts look delicious! Can’t wait to see what you did with them…

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — September 20, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

omg you gave him more on his bday than ive given scott in 5 yrs total. not even kidding! seriously we dont exchange gifts anymore and scott is good at shopping for himself when he needs it and i buy him target underwear and socks. it’s super sweet you buy him gifts. after 10 yrs married, 12 together, we stopped doing gifts. But let me tell you, if he didnt get me a gift on mothers day or our anniv, he’d never live that down. So I guess there’s a double standard at play, in my favor of course :)

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — September 20, 2010 @ 11:53 pm

You bought such great gifts! all practical and I’m sure Mr Sweet loved them :)

Wei-Wei — September 21, 2010 @ 1:23 am

It’s so hard to shop for people you love! My friend said that he didn’t want ANYTHING. :( I felt so bad because I really didn’t know what to get him.

MelissaNibbles — September 21, 2010 @ 1:38 am

Mr. How Sweet is a spoiled man. I’m sure he will love his gift.

Brussels are my fave veggie! Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 21, 2010 @ 3:00 am

omg i LOVE those shoes;..love neon colors and those are amazing! I asked the guy who was helping me why womens shoes weren’t so flashy like mens! i loved all the mens color sneakers so much more than the women! oh well I found a good pair-i think!

love the gifts, you are so thoughtful and thats what counts!!

Kim in MD — September 21, 2010 @ 4:46 am

You thoughtful gifts! I love that you were thrifty with the gift cards, too! The recipe you made with the brussel sprouts looks incredible…I can’t wait to make it!

Kacy — September 21, 2010 @ 5:18 am

Again I must iterate that he’s quite the lucky guy! Good loot! Can’t wait to hear how the adventure in brussels went :)

Alisa - Frugal Foodie — September 21, 2010 @ 9:21 am

Yum, brussels sprouts! Mr. How Sweet has good taste.

You two sure go all out! We don’t actually do gifts on birthdays … really, we just sometimes get a gift randomly for one another when we see something, but don’t follow the holidays per say.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Gift Peek. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com