Easiest side dish slash snack ever… only 3 ingredients:

A few apples, cut into big chunks.

Then doused in cinnamon.

And finished off with some red apple balsamic.

Then served warm so one can devour in peace… possibly with some ice cream. And nuts. Someone save me from death by almond.

Chunky Cinnamon Balsamic Apples

serves 4-6

4 large apples, peeled and chopped into 1 1/2-inch chunks

1 tablespoon cinnamon

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used red apple balsamic, I also think cinnamon pear would be delicious!)

Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. Peel and chop apples, then toss with cinnamon. You can also add a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness if you’d like. Add to skillet and let caramelized for a full 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once soft and caramelized, add balsamic and stir. Serve hot with ice cream, yogurt, oatmeal, or as a side dish.

Don’t forget! You guys have a few more days to use the code howsweet10 and get a discount on your order if you’d like to try Fustini’s. It makes an excellent gift (even thought I’ve only hoarded mine for myself) and I suggest checking out the incredible flavors… including vanilla, chocolate, coconut, pineapple, grapefruit, and a plethora of amazing oils (like pumpkin!). I do not get compensated from any of this, I just wanted to share because I love every flavor that I have.

Check ‘em out so you can share in my vinegar love.

55 Responses to “Chunky Cinnamon Balsamic Apples.”

Heather — November 20, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

I love that this is so easy to make! I’ve never had Fustini’s. Will check it out for sure!

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 20, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

those vinegars sound amazing and the apples look delicious

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — November 20, 2010 @ 3:56 pm

YUM YUM YUM!!!

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] — November 20, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

Most people think its weird to prepare fruits with vinegar, but its really good! Have you ever tried strawberries and balsamic?

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Yes! Love it.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 20, 2010 @ 4:15 pm

i’m not taking responsibility for the death by nuts :)

Imwaytoobusy — November 20, 2010 @ 4:22 pm

I love warm apples, but have never served them up with Balsamic Vinegar. I can’t wait to try this out!

Leslie — November 20, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

Yum, these look amazing and easy! I love all the fun vigegars. Do you know how much the discount is and how long the offer lasts? I may do some Christmas shopping online. Thanks!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

The discount is 10% and I am pretty sure it goes until Dec 4th or 5th.

Camille — November 20, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

I looove any sort of seasoned apples but I have never tried balsamic on them!

Healthy Chocoholic — November 20, 2010 @ 4:33 pm

Love apples and cinnamon!! Will be making this in the near future. Heck, I think I’ve said that of every recipe that I’ve read on this blog!!!! It all looks sooooo good, and if I end up having to buy a whole new wardrobe due to weight gain, I’m blaming these recipes! =D

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

I’ll take full responsibility!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — November 20, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

There is such a thing as red apple balsamic!? I gotta jump on that train. shoot.

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

There is and it is SO good. You must try!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 20, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

Yes, please! On some dairy free ice cream!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

Oh my gosh… how good would these be with coconut ice cream?! Now you’ve got my wheels spinning.

• Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 20th, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

So, have you noticed once you start, you can’t stop? Being home all day makes me crazy with ideas that don’t stop! It’s addictive and fun…kind of like crack but better for you!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Natalia - a side of simple — November 20, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

I want to protest and say you’re doing more harm than good for my well-being and sanity with all these delicious recipes you brew in your kitchen, but my taste buds just won’t let me ;)

Erin F — November 20, 2010 @ 4:58 pm

Looks heavenly – not to mention quick! I have an unrelated question though: how do you make the chocolate look so good on your bonbons, oreo balls, etc.? I’m going to swap my usual peanut butter bonbon recipe this Thanksgiving with your peanut butter and pretzel recipe, I’m really excited to try them out. But whenever I dip mine they look so sloppy! How do you balance getting the chocolate thick enough to cover the dough without leaving a well of chocolate at the bottom where you set them down on wax paper? I’d love to know your secret!!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

This is so funny because I always think mine look terrible! First, I melt chocolate in a double boiler and make sure I have a LOT of it, so I can dip without hitting the bottom or sides of the bowl. Then I dip with 2 forks, so the chocolate can run off back into the bowl. However, many of mine do still look sloppy and still have a well at the bottom – I just choose the prettiest to photograph.

As for “thick” chocolate, I don’t think that is the issue as much as the dough you are using. I freeze every type of “ball” I make for 1-2 hours before dipping, and dip them straight from the freezer. Then immediately after dipping, they go into the freezer to set. Hope this helps!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 20, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

Ooooh, these look so good! AND, they are legitimately healthy!!! Yum!

Lauren — November 20, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

A seriously delicious and nutritious dessert/snack. Loveit! (Or should I say Lovett?)

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Oh, how I love you.

Kristina @ spabettie — November 20, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

oh YAAY ! I didn’t know the coupon was still active; I bought a few things before, and now I want more!!

:D

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Go get some more!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — November 20, 2010 @ 5:32 pm

Um AMAZING with ice cream and caramel sauce…we are making these tonight!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

Caramel… drool.

What Happens After Five — November 20, 2010 @ 6:24 pm
    Naomi(onefitfoodie) — November 20, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

there is really something so magical about fruit and vingar, its that sweet and spicy together and its SO good!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 20, 2010 @ 6:46 pm

Those looks like the perfect late night snack!

Jessica — November 20, 2010 @ 7:31 pm

Ok this looks like the perfect fall snack!

Erica — November 20, 2010 @ 7:36 pm

Red apple balsamic? I need some of this. Delicious. I want to make this for dessert tonight

Katrina — November 20, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

Yum! These apple look splendid!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 20, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

I love the simplicity of this one! And I never cook w/ balsalmic…I have a HUGE jar of it. I need to start using it :)

Lisa — November 20, 2010 @ 8:57 pm

I need vinegar and oil recommendations! This would make the perfect Christmas present for my mom, but I’m overwhelmed with all of the choices!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

Okay, as much as I love the vanilla and chocolate vinegars, my 2 favorites (as boring as they may seem) would be the peach and cherry. I’ve used both on everything from salads to fish to desserts and always get the best compliments! You also can’t go wrong with their 12 or 18 year Traditional balsamics – to die for!

As for oils, I love the lime oil and blood orange oil. You can make brownies with the orange oil and make seafood dishes or even muffins with the lime. Let me know what you end up getting!

Alyssa — November 20, 2010 @ 9:56 pm

I love the combo of vinegar + fruit! I’ve used pears before as well, and they are equally delicious!

Jenny — November 20, 2010 @ 10:04 pm

Looks yummy! Put this in a pie and call it a night!:)

megan — November 20, 2010 @ 10:56 pm

I finally found a pear balsamic and well be using very soon. Maybe on apples, maybe on pears. Thanks for the ideas of what to do with it!Keep them coming!

Kat — November 21, 2010 @ 12:51 am

This sounds really interesting and good. I have some raspberry wine vinegar that I think would go perfect with it!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — November 21, 2010 @ 5:37 am

So simply and delicious!! Need to buy more balsamic ASAP!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — November 21, 2010 @ 6:04 am

Yum! Fruit and balsamic go so well together. Such simple preparation for such a pretty side :)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables — November 21, 2010 @ 7:12 am

That looks really good! I’ve never seen apple balsamic vinegar, but I might have to go find some! This recipe looks like a really good simple fall side dish!

Renée — November 21, 2010 @ 8:02 am

This looks really good! I love appeles!

Amanda — November 21, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

Great way to use apples! :)

the blissful baker — November 21, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

yum, this is so simple and looks delicious!

Katie — November 22, 2010 @ 2:09 am

Oh my word – balsamic vinegar and apples are 2 of my favorite things on earth. What a perfect combo!

Katherine — November 22, 2010 @ 6:51 pm

Balsamic and…cinnamon? That seems like a weird combo, but you ensure it’s tasty?

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — November 23, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

Cinnamon Balsamic Apples… That’s all I needed to hear. They look lovely!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — November 23, 2010 @ 9:09 pm

These look incredible! and so simple.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chunky Cinnamon Balsamic Apples. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes for all the last minute chefs | Rubberbanditz.com

3. Pingback: Turkey Day Survivor Tips « Little Bites Nutrition