That is pretty much how I felt the last 2 weeks when my server was down. I was super frustrated and feeling completely nutty. Yesterday, I got this package in the mail from the lovely Heather. Luckily, my server issues are resolved, but she still sent some love to cheer me up.

She included some adorable neon mini muffin cups too.

These almonds are incredible. Within an hour, I made a giant dent in the jar.

Thank you Heather for being so thoughtful and sweet! And I’m not even mad at you for the massive stomachache that kept me up until 2 am. I’m pretty certain that has to do with consuming 2 cups of nuts after an entire brick of Gouda.

Live and learn.

29 Responses to “Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut.”

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — November 19, 2010 @ 8:17 pm

Delish!!! I love the muffin cups. I have some of those and I need more!

Leah @ Why Deprive? — November 19, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

Bloggers are the best!! :)

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com — November 19, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

Those muffin cups are so adorable. I love them:)

Paige (RAN) — November 19, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

How sweet of Heather! Those look amazingly delicious.

Lauren at KeepItSweet — November 19, 2010 @ 8:35 pm

ah i hate stomach aches after eating too much – and the worst part is, i know it is going to happen but i can’t stop myself when it tastes so good!

Krystina (Basil & Wine) — November 19, 2010 @ 8:52 pm

Think of the nuts and gouda as getting your daily protein intake. Then eat some bread to even things out.

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 12:27 am

Good point.

• Wei-Wei — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:21 am

Better yet, have a few peanut butter cookies to even out the fat and carb part of your meal.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — November 19, 2010 @ 8:54 pm

Awww, love those cute muffin liners!! Such a sweet package!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 19, 2010 @ 9:07 pm

aw, you’re welcome :) i’m so glad you liked them!

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots — November 19, 2010 @ 9:27 pm

Oh man, what a lovely package to receive!! Those muffin liners are sooo cool, I want some!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 19, 2010 @ 9:28 pm

I love the looks of the nuts, but I love those muffin cups even more! SO CUTE!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — November 19, 2010 @ 11:34 pm

Ohhhh those look GOOD!!!!

Becca — November 20, 2010 @ 12:04 am

What a sweet friend! Are those muffin cups paper? They almost look like the silicone ones, which leads me to ask if you have used them and if you like them. I can’t decide if I should invest in a set or not. Seems like it would be hard to get anything out of them without sticking and then you HAVE to decorate them…including the bottoms… or eat them all in one sitting.

Camille — November 20, 2010 @ 12:09 am

Aww, how sweet!

Erika [FoodFitnessFun] — November 20, 2010 @ 12:11 am

Awww Heather’s so sweet! I love silicon bakeware – it is 10X better than plain paper baking cups! :-P

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — November 20, 2010 @ 12:25 am

That was sweet! They look so tasty…who could blame you for eating them?

Ann — November 20, 2010 @ 12:36 am

I feel this.
    Try a 8 oz piece of rainbow trout, followed by a brick of gouda and a few hundred smoked, salted nuts. And those are just the 1/4 of it. Brick on my belly.

Imwaytoobusy — November 20, 2010 @ 2:52 am

How thoughtful! Don’t you just love those kinds of surprises? Heather you are awesome!
    My mom brought some glazed walnuts over here a few weeks ago. I may have polished the whole container off in a few days. That’s so not like me! Glazed nuts are dangerous!

Natalia - a side of simple — November 20, 2010 @ 3:07 am

Aw that was so sweet of Heather! I’m tempted to beg my site to crash just to get a comforting jar of nuts like those ;)

Rachel — November 20, 2010 @ 4:19 am

I know you have absolutely no idea who I am, but I LOVE your blog! I look forward to reading it every day. Love your writing and your recipes and love dessert. Just wanted to let you know that and no matter how much server trouble you have I’ll still keep checking back for new posts!!!

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

Thank you so much! That means so much to me.

Amanda — November 20, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

So glad things are back on track with your server… I am about to go through a big annoying blog change and part of me just wants to say NOPE!! I will keep things as is thank you! :)

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — November 20, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

It is always the best when you receive lots of yummyiness in the mail!

Ann — November 20, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

Hi, I’m curious too…what time do you eat your meals normally? I know you gave a morning routine…I’m curious what time you eat the others?
    Are you a big meat eater? I get overwhelmed by all these vegetarian blogs. I tend to have animal products at each meal, and even at snacks (dairy, eggs, etc). Can’t lie – I feel bad when I see all these vegan type blogs and I’m eat eggs and meat daily, in addition to far too much dairy…

• Jessica — November 20th, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

I really don’t have a set time for eating my meals, especially now since I am still getting used to a totally different schedule. It all depends on my day and what I’m doing/cooking. Even dinner can range anywhere from 6-8:30 because my husband gets home late. I eat meat a few times a week, but again, it just depends on if I feel like it and what I’m cooking. My husband eats meat every night so I always make him a dinner with meat, but if I don’t feel like eating it that night, I usually just have something else.

Low — November 22, 2010 @ 1:44 am

I clearly have a stomach of steel. I ate an entire can of spiced almonds last week and never felt a twinge… I’m not sure if I’m impressed or concerned.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Chunky Cinnamon Balsamic Apples. | How Sweet It Is