Buckle your seat belts folks. We’re about to take french toast to a whole new level.

A few weeks ago, I was making Mr. How Sweet eight pounds of healthy, crunchy chicken fingers and happened to take a glance at the side of the Kellogg’s Corn Flake box. On it there was a recipe for crispy french toast, and it stuck to me like glue.
And yes, I said eight pounds. Eight el bee’s. Do you think I’m joking when I say that Mr. How Sweet eats a lot? Haha. It’s not funny.

So I broke out the corn flake crumbs again.

While we’re on the topic of corn flake crumbs, I figure that you could make a healthier version of this by using whole wheat bread and a whole grain or spelt flake cereal – simply crush it into crumbs.
But it’s the holidays… and who wants to make something healthier?

Clearly I didn’t, so I used Texas toast.

Let it be known that I don’t even like white bread unless it comes in the form of Texas toast.

Initially, I was just going to make this peanut butter french toast. See that crunchiness up there?

But then my animal instincts took over.

And I just couldn’t help myself. So I did this.

It hurt so good.

Just imagine: soft, smooth bread inside, crispy and now crunchy outside, smothered in warm, melty peanut butter and oozing with velvety chocolate.

It really doesn’t get any better.

Am I right or am I right?

Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast

serves 2

4 slices thick bread

2 tablespoons butter

3 whole eggs

1/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

pinch of salt

1/4 cup sugar

1 cup corn flake crumbs

1/4 cup peanut butter, melted

2 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted

In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. On a plate, add corn flake crumbs and sugar, and mix well.

Preheat a large skillet on medium-low heat. Add bread to egg mixture and let soak on each side for about 60 seconds. Remove from egg mixture and thoroughly dredge through corn flake crumbs. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and add bread. Fry until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes each. Repeat with additional bread, using remaining tablespoon of butter for the next 2 pieces.

Top french toast with melted peanut butter and chocolate. Devour!

I bow down to the genius that created chocolate and peanut butter.

151 Responses to “Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast.”

Keith — November 29, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

All I can tempt you with is my extension to the ELVIS special([ that’s a toasted peanut btter and mashed banana on light toast with a smear of chcolate on top) and the whole is fried till golden in butter… bet you can’t eat two !
    Keith

Sarah McCray — January 24, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

Today is National Peanut Butter Day!!! In honor, I am making this for dinner. Yes, I said dinner.

Earthycrunchgal — January 27, 2012 @ 11:29 am

Did you just put the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave to melt?

Kenzie — July 11, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

HA!!!!! It’s hurts so good!!! That’s what I say too!!!

Mikaila McG — June 16, 2013 @ 10:50 am

I just made these this morning for Father’s Day and my husband LOVED them! They were to die for (literally, I almost died eating them they were so good). Thanks for the great recipe!

DC Personal Trainer — February 22, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

Thank you for the recipe. I will definitely try it out. I will make some modifications to it..

Cathy — March 28, 2014 @ 12:09 am

Hi,
    Just popping in to let you know I have included your yummy recipe post in my peanut butter round up!
    Cathy

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: One for One « Banksyface

3. Pingback: Saturday Stumbles: December 18, 2010 | OAMC from Once A Month Mom

4. Pingback: Blog is the New Black » Blog Archive » Bacon Peanut Butter Cups

5. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #25 – Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast « Ella Rose Entertaining

6. Pingback: Latest Chocolate Auctions | Chocolate Recipes for You

7. Pingback: Chocolate And Peanut Butter Recipes – Bites From Other Blogs

8. Pingback: Randomness (Small Indulgence Edition) « Second City Randomness…

9. Pingback: Crispy Stuffed French Toast « thebitesizedbaker

10. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast [Breakfast Time]

11. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

12. Pingback: 27 Truly Magnificent Peanut Butter Desserts | GossipViews.com

13. Pingback: 27 Truly Magnificent Peanut Butter Desserts - zdouf!

14. Pingback: Peanut Butter Wonderland | TheCannizzoClutch

15. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

16. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

17. Pingback: 29 Ways To Eat Peanut Butter For Every Meal | GossipViews.com

18. Pingback: 29 Ways To Eat Peanut Butter For Every Meal

19. Pingback: 29 Ways To Eat Peanut Butter For Every Meal - Avidmav

20. Pingback: Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle M&M Cookies & Peanut Butter RoundUp to die for….

21. Pingback: 31 New And Kicking Ways To Eat French Toast. Wake Me At Any Ungodly Hour For Number 15.

22. Pingback: フレンチトーストを食べる31の生活を変える方法 | こんなに美味しいレシピがあるとは・・・料理大好きの人が参考にするブログ!

23. Pingback: フレンチトーストを食べる31の生活を変える方法 | こんなに美味しいレシピがあるとは・・・料理大好きの人が参考にするブログ!

24. Pingback: フレンチトーストを食べる31の生活を変える方法 | こんなに美味しいレシピがあるとは・・・料理大好きの人が参考にするブログ!