Okay, so maybe I led you on.

This pasta doesn’t have that many veggies.

It still has too many for me though.

But how can I resist when it is so simple and quick? Preheating my oven is what took the longest!

It’s easy, it’s versatile, and you can make it your own. Add chicken or steak or shrimp or even… more vegetables. But I might cry a little.

It actually took me less than 20 minutes to make. A perfect lunch or dinner when you’re in a pinch! Make it.

20-Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta

serves 4+

2 pints grape tomatoes

1 cup mushrooms, chopped

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 6-ounce bag of spinach

4 tablespoons olive oil

1 pound whole wheat pasta

1/3 cup asiago cheese

Preheat oven to 450.

Lay tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and make sure each tomato gets oiled. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes until tomatoes begin to burst.

After the tomatoes go into the oven, heat a skillet over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Bring you water for the pasta to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.

Add garlic and spinach to the skillet, sauteing until garlic is wilted. Once tomatoes are done, add to veggie mixture. Drain cooked pasta and add it after the tomatoes. Sprinkle with asiago cheese and stir – the tomatoes and olive oil should create their own “sauce.” You can also drizzle with more olive lil and add chicken or shrimp.

Coming up next: Super Bowl recipes that will cause you to spend 600 hours on the treadmill. Fun!

86 Responses to “20-Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta.”

Lauren-HungryDancer — January 30, 2011 @ 12:43 am

I love pasta. I need to make this! Sounds easy and delicious, the two most important things!

Hannah — January 30, 2011 @ 2:28 am

Is it weird to say that your pasta dish looks cute? Because it does. I like it’s because of the swirly tubey pasta, and the fact that pasta has been a rarity in my life because of my mum’s allergies…

Baking 'n' Books — January 30, 2011 @ 2:41 am

Looks great – and 20 minutes? Perfect for me :)

I was wondering – have you went through any or many blog changes in terms of name or its appearance? A lot of blogs seem to do that with time – i.e Jenna recently and people getting own domain, etc. Do you think that changing a blog name in the future would be a bad move (i.e obviously asking for myself ;) ).

• Jessica — January 30th, 2011 @ 3:17 am

I’ve never changed my blog – I’ve always written about food and recipes the way I do now, since Sept 2009. The only thing that changed was when I switched domains (from wordpress to my own) and that was in Oct 2009. I don’t think changing a blog (name, content, etc) is ever a bad move if it is something you love and are passionate about!

Ann — January 30, 2011 @ 3:50 am

Can’t get better than 20 minute meals. This meal looks so fresh and healthy- delicious!

ChocolateCoatedRunner — January 30, 2011 @ 6:28 am

Beautiful food photos! They came out so clear.

MelissaNibbles — January 30, 2011 @ 9:55 am

This looks great. I like that you can use just about any cheese you have on hand. I have feta and I think it would be perfect!

Gill (snaxandthecity) — January 30, 2011 @ 12:06 pm

i love this blog! your recipes always look SO tempting. i love tomato pasta…and very excited about said superbowl treadmill inducing recipes!

Katrina — January 30, 2011 @ 1:30 pm

I love a good quick-pasta recipe. Dinner tonight? I think yes!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — January 30, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

Yum! I love pasta and carbs. It’s bad when I can cook a bowl of plain pasta, pour parmesan cheese over it and it all by my lonesome!

ashley@quasichick — January 30, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

Yum-O! OK just so you know the cake batter pancakes were a success (putting pics on my blog later), cupcakes were delicious..I am actually about to make the frosting now!!! Thanks so much :)

Low — January 30, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

I love your vegetably recipes, because I know they’re such a sacrifice for you, haha. This one looks great!

christyn @ All Ways Nutritious — January 30, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

your pictures are INCREDIBLE!! everything you make looks delicious. so creative.

• Jessica — January 30th, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

Thank you so much! That really means a lot.

Amanda — January 30, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

Looks great! :)

Dani — January 30, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

I made this tonight. Used 1 can of drained diced tomatoes instead of the grape tomatoes. I used frozen spinach which I sauteed with the onion, garlic & mushrooms. Also substituted asiago with grated parmesan. We love garlic so we doubled the garlic. Added about 2 cups of cooked shrimp. This was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Roasting the tomatoes really makes a difference in this recipe – even when using the canned tomatoes.

• Jessica — January 30th, 2011 @ 11:14 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — January 31, 2011 @ 12:32 am

Oh, boy!!! That is a lot of veggies for you! ;) That looks SO good!! Less than 20 minutes to make it?!?! NO WAY!!! I know what I am going to have for dinner tomorrow! :)

Lili — January 31, 2011 @ 5:43 am

I just recently found your blog and let me tell ya: today I made this tomato pasta! So colorful and delicious!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Jessica — January 31st, 2011 @ 11:27 am

Thank you!

Stephanie — February 1, 2011 @ 2:55 am

Pretty sure I’m going to have to make this. And soon!

Corbett — February 9, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

I made this last night…YUM! It’s shocking to me that my husband can make even something relatively healthy and yuck it up. He managed to only eat the italian sausage and noodles and pick out all the veggies! Thanks for another yummy recipe!

• Jessica — February 9th, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

Great!

Whitney — February 9, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I made this a couple nights ago and my roommates and I thought it was fantastic! I’m still enjoying the leftovers today!

However, I did find that putting the oven on 450 was not exactly the best thing for me…I filled my apartment with smoke and the smoke alarms went off for about 15 minutes! I will probably turn my oven down when roasting tomatoes from now on :) But thank you for the wonderful recipe! And blog!

• Jessica — February 9th, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Eeek! Yes, lower the temp next time! It may take a little longer but should not be as smoky. :)

nicole — April 7, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

I just made this pasta the other day, and it was fantastic! I was surprised because I am definitely not a fan of tomatoes… but I ate it for dinner one night and then for lunch the next three days! haha I honestly can’t believe I ate that many tomatoes.. sneaky little things! I also think this pasta is fantastic COLD– better than it is warm, even. Anyways.. thanks so much for the recipe! I will definitely be making it again! :)

chefteena — October 23, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

oh wow. Made this tonight and my dh was very impressed–and so was I! My first foray into your recipe collection and I am hooked! Got all my produce at the 99cent store, so this recipe fit our constricted budget.

Tera Brodhag — April 13, 2013 @ 7:11 am

If you own a home ā€“ a fire escape ladder is always great to have. It can save your life, and should therefore be an integral part of your residential safety. A fire at can completely engulf your home in no time at all, normally in less than a minute. Even though you may have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers there, the fire can get out of control fast and surround you with smoke, making it impossible for you to get out. To protect yourself and your entire family, you should always a fire escape ladder at your home at all times.”

Our very own web page
    <="http://www.caramoan.ph/caramoan-tour-package/

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention 20 Minute Roasted Tomato Pasta | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: TRADITIONAL August 2011 OAMM Menu by Once a Month Mom | OAMC from Once A Month Mom

3. Pingback: Menu Plan Monday-The Last Week of Summer Vacation | All My Loose Ends

4. Pingback: Last Day of Funner–AND the menu plan | All My Loose Ends

5. Pingback: The Slightly Belated Menu Plan. | All My Loose Ends

6. Pingback: Happy Birthday Girl AND the Menu Plan | All My Loose Ends

7. Pingback: Box Contents & Recipes: KW / Cambridge, Guelph and Surrounding Area ā€“ December 17, 2013 | Organics Live

8. Pingback: Box Contents & Recipes: Toronto ā€“ December 17, 2013 | Organics Live