While I was scouring in the internet in search for a new steak recipe for Mr. How Sweet, I stumbled upon this treat of chocolate dipped clementines. Um… hello brilliance?

Chocolate Dipped Clementines I howsweeteats.com

If I’m being honest, I must tell you that I got a little overzealous with the cake batter bark back in December, resulting in an outrageous amount of unused chocolate bars. I jumped at the chance to use one in another form other than just eating it straight from the foil. For breakfast.

Chocolate Dipped Clementines I howsweeteats.com

Plus, is this not a fun snack?!

And it’s healthy too. Fruit = healthy. Chocolate  = antioxidants.

This means I ate four times the recommended amount. I need my vitamins.

Chocolate Dipped Clementines I howsweeteats.com

These are also so fresh tasting. Juicy orange with a touch of chocolate and sea salt. Really, I just feel that I hit the snack jackpot.

Chocolate Dipped Clementines I howsweeteats.com
Chocolate Dipped Clementines

from the food network

6 clementines, peeled and segmented (I also pulled off most pith)

1 3.5-ounce chocolate bar (I used Lindt 70% cocoa)

coarse sea salt

Lay clementine slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Melt chocolate in either the microwave or a double boiler (I used a double boiler). Dip half the clementine in the chocolate then sprinkle with sea salt. Continue with remaining slices.

Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Dipped Clementines I howsweeteats.com

You don’t even want to know how we went to town on these.

108 Responses to “Chocolate Dipped Clementines.”

Lauren at KeepItSweet — January 15, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

Oh these are healthy, and even necessary to prevent getting sick in the winter!

Cathy B. @ Bright Bakes — January 15, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

Pretty, full of vitamin C and chocolate, and (i can only imagine!!) totally delicious…what more can you really ask for? ;) Lovin’ the inspiration, Jessica…
    love,
    cathy b.

G — January 15, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

Awesome… love of the addition of sea salt!!!

Vanessa — January 15, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

Oh these are genius! We all need our Vitamin C, dipped in chocolate makes them even better!

Melinda — January 15, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Yep, this look as good as the title suggests.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — January 15, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

Sometimes, it is the simplest things! Yum!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — January 15, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

I JUST bought clementines at Trader Joe’s. Making these!

Hannah — January 15, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

Oh Jessica, why you gotsta be so cruel? Orange/clementime/mandarin citrus makes my stomach turn. It’s torture to look at such pretty, pretty pictures, knowing that the reality would make me sick!

I shall close my eyes and pretend you blogged about chocolate-dipped lychees instead… :D

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 15, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

I am all for chocolate covered fruit! These look incredible! I’m never buying Emergen-C again – only eating these!

Gen — January 15, 2011 @ 1:19 pm

Super healthy!!!!!! =D
    Can’t wait to make these!

Janice — January 15, 2011 @ 1:23 pm

Great idea, they look delicious.

Julie (Food & Other Things) — January 15, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

I love clementines…these look like such a nice treat!

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — January 15, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

bahahahaha! That is a pretty neat idea. I can’t even imagine how they taste… my guess is awesome? haha =)

Blog is the New Black — January 15, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

I’ve made these before and totally forgot about them!!! I always go for the strawberries. Looks great!

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — January 15, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Orange flavor + chocolate is one of my favorite combos! I used to get a chocolate orange–orange-flavored chocolate in the shape of an orange–in my stocking for Christmas every year.

nancy k — January 15, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

These look yummy. I need some healthy treats( these are healthy, right?) for the upcoming weekend football playoffs…GO PATS! I figure fruit and dark chocolate will be less guilt laden and will go well with crispy kale chips, rosemary spiced cashews and your sweet potato crisps. Thanks for the timely post.

Amanda (Eating Up) — January 15, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

They look so pretty!

Alaina — January 15, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

So healthy and so easy! I can taste them right now. :-)

Lisa@ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — January 15, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

Yum! :)

Erica — January 15, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

Those are so beautiful! I kind of wish I had clementines in the house- I’d make them for the hostess of the party we’re going to tonight. The sea salt on top is such a classy touch

Katrina — January 15, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

Why haven’t I thought of this??

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — January 15, 2011 @ 2:54 pm

Ohh – they’re gorgeous!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 15, 2011 @ 2:54 pm

I love the sprinkle of sea salt!!! crunchy, sweet, juicy wow

Bethany @Bridezilla Bakes — January 15, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

Er, how did you find these while looking for steak recipes? :-) Just kidding! They look awesome. I am swimming in clementines… adding chocolate would be a step up for sure.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — January 15, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

I love the photography in this post!!

Natalia - a side of simple — January 15, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Vitamin C = Vitamin Chocolate. Perfect.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 15, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

So simple! Definitely making these!!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — January 15, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

I think the sea salt is what makes it. No wait, the chocolate.

Kristen@PrettySweet — January 15, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

Excellent idea! We all need extra Vitamin C this time of year!

Jennifer — January 15, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Um..you just made my two favorite snacks even better! Why did I never think to combine them?!

Annie — January 15, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

So simple! I bet they are delicious! MUST MAKE SOON.

Kim in MD — January 15, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

I love chocolate dipped strawberries, so I am sure I would love these! Why didn’t I think of that? :-)

Lisa — January 15, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

What a delicious little treat and they look so pretty.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 15, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

oh it’s valentines day just around the corner..choc dipped fruit is just what the romance doctor ordered, right? im thinking strawberries! :)

Lauren-HungryDancer — January 15, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Holy yum! Chocolate dipped fruit is one of your recipes I can maybe actually enjoy without having to unbutton my pants!! haha

ashley@quasichick — January 15, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

This looks EASY and DELICIOUS! I have to try it soon…good thing I happen to have clementines in my fridge now :) Beautiful pictures BTW

Katie — January 15, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

I made these for high school chemistry class. We were uspposed to make something to show the difference between a mixture and…something else. I’m pretty sure I didn’t accomplish the goal of the assignment, but I am also pretty sure I and the rest of the class didn’t care. :)

ezzie — January 15, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

Good this I have a whole bag of clementines waiting to be devoured. You get an award :D http://blissfulnotes.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/one-big-tater/

Paige @ Running Around Normal — January 15, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

I love clementines and chocolate – I just recently discovered. On a whim, I cut slits in each wedge, and stuffed a dark chocolate chip inside, and then baked for a few minutes….probably a month or so ago – SO delicious!

• Jessica — January 15th, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

That sounds incredible!

Jess — January 15, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

What a GREAT idea–must do this! I love both, and they sound very healthy. i mean, dark chocolate=good for heart, right?!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit — January 15, 2011 @ 9:43 pm

These look yummy and super easy to make…now that is my kind of recipe :)

Gamer Girl — January 15, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

YUM! Gamer Man’s been asking for healthy treats lately… and this sounds like a win! Totally going back to Fresh & Easy to pick up the clems we saw yesterday :D

Skinny Jeans Mom — January 15, 2011 @ 10:53 pm

That looks amazing! Love your blog and your balanced view on enjoying food and staying fit!! Any tips on my own fitness challenge would be welcomed, would love you to check it out =) great post!

Skinny Jeans Mom — January 15, 2011 @ 10:55 pm

Loved it! Any tips or comments on my own fitness challenge would be awesome, check it out! =) great post!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — January 15, 2011 @ 11:57 pm

My husband will pretty much only eat clementines for fruit. He eats about 4-5 of them at a time 3 times a day. I think if I showed him this I’d go broke on clementines.

Tracy — January 16, 2011 @ 12:48 am

Brilliant! I love orange chocolate and I love that touch of sea salt, too. We still have half a box of Clementines left; I’m so going to try this!

marla {family fresh cooking} — January 16, 2011 @ 1:58 am

These choc dipped clementines are so fun! I bet very tasty too :) xo

Kate @ahealthypassion — January 16, 2011 @ 2:20 am

haha what a fabulous idea!

Imwaytoobusy — January 16, 2011 @ 3:26 am

Pure brilliance. I will be trying these! Sea salt…genius!

Kat — January 16, 2011 @ 3:29 am

I don’t always like oranges that much but I have a box of them in the fridge and I think I know what I’m going to do with them now

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate Dipped Clementines | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Latest Chocolate Auctions | Chocolate Recipes for You

3. Pingback: Good deals and Fennell How To « Quasichick

4. Pingback: Chocolate Covered Clementines | Foodbeast Chocolate Covered Clementines | Because We're Hungry.

5. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Dipped Clementines | The Lean Green Bean

6. Pingback: Life Undeveloped.

7. Pingback: Fresh and Easy Chocolate Dipped Clementines with Sea Salt Sprinkles

8. Pingback: The One With the Dark Chocolate Orange Scones «

9. Pingback: Chocolate Spice Dipped Fruit with Sprinkles recipe: Valentine’s Day — Family Fresh Cooking

10. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Entertaining 101* | The Heart of Life

12. Pingback: Lots of Cookies

13. Pingback: Citrus Showdown: Clementine v Satsuma + Giveaway

14. Pingback: New Year’s Eve Party Food! | Love.Fit.Live.

15. Pingback: chocolate-dipped cuties | the thoughtful plate

16. Pingback: Memorial Day Style | Simple Pleasures

17. Pingback: Chocolate Dipped Clementines | Home Recipes Catalog

18. Pingback: Bright Now: Serene and Peaceful Holidays | Branding, Identity & Graphic Design, Custom Website & Development, and Brand Consulting in Chicago and Oak Park Illinois. Step Brightly does what you need, and we do it with style.

19. Pingback: Ingredient of the month – Clementines! | Rachel Khoo