Word on the street is that I post quite a few recipes with peanut butter.

You probably haven’t noticed.

But this recipe is better. This recipe contains one of the best combinations known to man: chocolate, peanut butter and banana.

Only taking a close second to bacon and chocolate.

This is a banana bread to end all banana breads.

And it has whole wheat flour! And brown sugar. You know, the healthy kind of sugar? Since it’s brown? Kind of like brown bread. Or brown flour. Or brown brownies.

Just ignore me.

All I’m saying is that you can eat lots.

And as usual, make sure you cut super thick slices. Slices already have a set limit of calories. One slice fits all. Make it a big one.

Especially if the top is covered in raw turbinado sugar, because then it’s reallllly crunchy. I might have eaten just the top off of half the loaf because, well… I do things like that.

Love, love, love this bread. I was a little nervous using all whole wheat flour, but it made the bread perfectly dense and delicious. It’s not too sweet either. Which is highly unusual for me, so I apologize. Not sure what’s gotten into me this week, except for six replays of Now and Then, and an outrageous amount of bacon, sprinkles and whipped cream vodka.

Just kidding on that last one. Sort of.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

1/4 cup peanut flour [99.9% sure this can be omitted if you don’t have it]

1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup milk [I used vanilla almond milk, any kind will work]

1 cup chocolate chips

raw turbinado sugar for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, peanut flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.

Cream butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add bananas and mix. Add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Stir in milk, adding more one tablespoon at a time if batter is not wet enough. Fold in chocolate chips.

Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour in batter. Cover the top with course sugar for garnish. Bake for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

What can I say? I like some peanut butter with my peanut butter.

156 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.”

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — January 29, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

Oh, this is brilliant! I always smear peanut butter on my banana bread, but I never thought to put it IN the bread. Yum :)

Alysia — January 30, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

I just made this recipe and I used banana extract instead of vanilla and added some nuts to it!! It smells so good! I can’t wait for it to get out of the oven!

• Jessica — January 30th, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

Awesome!

• Alysia — January 30th, 2011 @ 11:52 pm

Ok, this bread is ahhhmaaaazing!!!!!

Jeannette — January 30, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

Made this bread this morning and have already enjoyed two HUGE pieces. This is so bangin delicious!

Ashley — January 31, 2011 @ 2:28 am

Just made this bread and it turned out awesome! I love the combo of chocolate and peanut butter…and the banana doesn’t hurt either :)

melissa@the hungry artist — February 2, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

This looks amazing! I think if I made it I might eat the whole thing…. at least the top part! So, it should be filed for a future event where I can share with a lot of people! :)

Jessica — February 5, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

What size is the loaf pan you used? I just made this with AP flour because that’s all I had and I didn’t have peanut flour and it didn’t bake well…. it was in the oven for over an hour and a half total and I had to take it out because the sides were getting too done. It’s still amazing… albeit gooey lol. I can’t figure out what might have gone wrong :(

Lauren — April 16, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

I just made this and it is FANTASTIC.
    I was skeptical about the cocoa/banana bread combination because I read on so many other websites they did not like the combination…
    However, I definitely love yours and I think the addition of just a little bit of peanut butter totally changes the flavor of the bread and adds just the right amount of nuttyness.

I. LOVE. THIS.

Amy — August 15, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

Um. I’m making this. Now. Seriously. But I only have 2 bananas. I’m hoping to add an egg to offset the naners I don’t have. Thoughts?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Quick Bread & Capricorns. « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

3. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe | Banana Bread Recipes

4. Pingback: Buttermilk Banana Bread Recipe | Two Peas and Their Pod

5. Pingback: The One With the Banana Pancakes «

6. Pingback: Bread With Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate | Banana Blog

7. Pingback: Chocolate And Peanut Butter Recipes – Bites From Other Blogs

8. Pingback: I’m making a lasagna….for one « ramblings and other thoughts

9. Pingback: The Chocolatiest Banana Bread Ever | the quad bu student magazine & blog

10. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread « Midwestern Foodie

11. Pingback: The Apple and the Tree « Frosting & Filigree

12. Pingback: Lauren's Latest » Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bread {Mini Loaves!!}

13. Pingback: Yes, Please Pump Me Full Of Hormones! | Free Range Human