I know.

Longest recipe title ever. But seriously… it’s not like I could leave one of those things out. Dark chocolate? White chocolate? Cinnamon sugared bacon? They are all equally deserving.

I’m just gonna put it out there. These are probably the most decadent chocolate cupcakes I have ever tasted. And I loved them.

They are also some of the best. So rich, so chocolaty, so fluffy… so perfect.

And something super exciting? They can be made in one bowl. No electric mixer necessary! It is a very easy recipe, so don’t let the ingredient list scare you. And a warning: you will want to eat all of the batter.

I think I’m officially in love with a cupcake.

Sure, it looks delicious this way.

But I happened to have some leftovers.

So I did this. Wouldn’t you?

Yeah, this was probably the best decision of my life.

You must promise me something. I don’t care if you make the whole cupcake, but you need to make at least one part of it. Either the chocolate cupcakes (to die for) or the white chocolate ganache (melts in your mouth). Perfect for Valentine’s Day, me thinks. And considering I posted the cinnamon sugared bacon 3 days ago, I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’ve already made it.

And if you haven’t? Well… I must seriously contemplate our relationship.

[print_this]

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 tablespoons sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain. Add milk, cream, butter and vanilla, and mix until combined. Stir in sour cream. Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. Mix until batter is smooth. Line a muffin tin with liners and using a 1/4 cup measure, add batter to each cup. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool before frosting.

White Chocolate Ganache

1/2 cup heavy cream

6 ounces white chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli)

1/2 tablespoon butter.

Heat a saucepan on low heat and add heavy cream. Add chips to a bowl. Bring to a boil, but keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t boil over. Immediately remove and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then mix with a spatula to melt chocolate. Stir in butter. Once melted and thick, lay a piece of plastic wrap over top and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Frost cupcakes as desired. I recommend refrigerating the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes so the ganache can set. Then top with a slice of bacon.

Recipe for Cinnamon Sugared Bacon HERE.

[/print_this]

Friends don’t let friends go without bacon.

172 Responses to “Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon.”

Hope — June 26, 2011 @ 10:47 pm

My Ganache looks nothing like this! :/ I can at least say i tried!

Nora — October 1, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

Made this for my dad’s bday tonight…so good! Even the “not huge dessert lovers” in the fam couldn’t stop at just one. My sister went out afterwards to a restaurant that has an opera cream Cale I’d been gushing about…just got a text from her, “your cupcakes were better!” Thanks for helping me be a birthday hero!

Jessica Stricklin — October 4, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

I made these cakes and they were delish!! I paired them with a Vanilla Bean Buttercream. I’ve had 3 tasters, 4 if you count me, and 2 of the 4 have said it’s not sweet enough. They thought the cake was a little bitter. VB Buttercream countered the bitterness of the cake but they didn’t think it was enough. If I add a full cup of brown sugar will it completely change the cake or should it be ok? This is the least amount of sugar I have ever used in a cupcake recipe.

• Jessica — October 4th, 2011 @ 11:04 pm

Actually, I’d probably switch to white sugar instead of the brown, and maybe try 3/4 of a cup. :) Let me know how it goes!

Allison — October 14, 2011 @ 12:11 am

So I know this is old but I had to come back and gush. My guy and I just made these for a Cupcake War at his office tomorrow. I tried frosting one by dipping it in the ganache. Oops it was ruined. Oops I had to eat it so it would t go to waste! This was THE MOST tender cake I’ve ever made. I was actually worried it wasn’t done cooking it melted in my mouth so much! But they were done! Amazing! And the candied bacon was to die for. Thanks for the recipe!

• Jessica — October 14th, 2011 @ 6:51 am

that.is.awesome.

Deana — January 15, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

I am just wondering if I am understanding this right. Are we supposed to make the ganache and then refrigerate the ganache for 30-60 mins? Wont it be all set by then?

Joelle Holland — February 20, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

I loved your white chocolate ganache–perfect filling for a birthday cake I made recently. I would like to try your cupcake recipe but bake it in a cake pan. What size pan would you recommend? Thanks,
    Joelle

Rhonda — February 29, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

WOW!!!!!!!! I made these the other night and my husband and everyone else for that fact thought I was crazy. But.. one bite and that was all it took. These are mouth watering, taste buds happy fantastic! Who would have thought bacon and cupcakes together would be so good. I am actually making these again tonight to take to my in-laws since we are all gathering there for birthdays. They are in for a treat. Thank you so much for sharing this. :)

Joilyn — June 18, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Ew. With bacon? That’s fuckin gay mayne. Aint no real black person gon eat dat shyt mayne. Get dat nasty asx bacon off ‘&& maybe ima eat it. Dat was fuckin nasty. Where dey do dat at mayne…?

• Kristine — September 8th, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

Joilyn, it’s okay being mentally challenged in writing/speaking. Totally understandable. I’m a special ed teacher and have other kids like you in my classroom.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Stop the Press!!! Hold on to your hats!! Bacon Cupcakes have arrived! « Anywhere I go you go

3. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon | Foodbeast Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon | The Premiere Food News Resource

4. Pingback: Friday Favorites – Episode 80 | my kitchen addiction

5. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes. « Sweets From Savannah~

6. Pingback: Latest Chocolate Auctions | Chocolate Recipes for You

7. Pingback: Weekend Recap | Procrastination Station

8. Pingback: Having a Craic Cupcakes

9. Pingback: Root Beer Float Cupcakes | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: Bacon Eggplant?–Recipe « It All Changes

11. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon. | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: Candied Bacon Cupcakes « The Cooking Castle

13. Pingback: Maiden voyage Mexican chocolate cupcakes « Musings of a Midwestern Girl

14. Pingback: Cupcakes: Vanilla and Chocolate « one thousand bites

15. Pingback: Recap: “Welcoming fall” girls night « Zesty appetite

16. Pingback: Thanksgiving 2011 Recap | cook with b

17. Pingback: Turkey Cupcakes | cook with b

18. Pingback: Cupcakes are always the answer | 6iximpossiblethings

19. Pingback: Tobacco Trio: The Grand Reopening of the Hill Country Humidor | Calendar Cakes

20. Pingback: Cupcakes from A To Z – Best Friends For Frosting

21. Pingback: Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Parmesan Crostini | How Sweet It Is

22. Pingback: Toffee nut white chocolate mocha cupcakes | There's No Place Like Oz

23. Pingback: The Internet’s Most Unique Cupcake Recipes « Free and Featherbrained

24. Pingback: Have Your Cake and Drink it Too | My Shiny Life