I’m taking it down a notch today.

After all, we needed to eat some form of food other than bacon and cupcakes. Although I deem both to be highly acceptable complete meals.

Some of you may remember that this time last year, Mr. How Sweet thought it would be funny to grow a mustache.

To put it nicely, he looked like a major creep.

So creepy that I had the phone to my ear, dialing Chris Hanson.

In retaliation, I refused to make him dinner and lived on guacamole, hummus, eggs, cheese, bacon, toast and soup for dinner. It was fabulous. I love those things, but for Mr. How Sweet? No meat does not a dinner make.

I would leisurely stretch out on the couch and watch trash on TV while he rushed home from a long day of work to an empty kitchen.

I even took it as far to purposely make things he dislikes, like pancakes with coconut and homemade peppermint patties.

I’m giggling just thinking about it.

This past weekend, I thought I stepped back in time. On our way out the door to a party, Mr. How Sweet came down the stairs to reveal a shaven neck… but not a face.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the impending crustache that was forming.

So I “gently” harassed him for the next 45 minutes, reminding him what it was like to go without a home cooked meal… that didn’t include ground turkey or frozen burgers.

The next morning – no more fuzz! It seems we are making progress.

Or else he really just didn’t want to starve.

And luckily, he doesn’t have to! I made a double batch of this shrimp and pasta on Sunday for lunches, late dinners and snacks that require more than a measly apple. It is delicious and colorful and fresh. I added some crushed peanuts because it somewhat reminded me of pad thai, which is one of my all-time favorite dishes. But it’s nothing like pad thai at all.

It’s simple too – just marinate the shrimp, and once the pasta cooks throw everything together in a big skillet. Easy!

[print_this]

1/2 red pepper, chopped

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1 clove garlic

1 cup sugar snap peas

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed

1/2 pound whole wheat pasta of your choice (I used capellini)

salt and pepper to taste

Combine marinade ingredients in a dish and whisk together. Add to a ziplock bag, along with the shrimp and marinate for 2-24 hours.

Once ready to cook, heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add peppers and mushrooms to the pan and saute until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Bring pasta water to a boil and cook according to directions, draining and setting aside until later. Add garlic to the peppers and mushrooms and stir for 30 seconds. Add shrimp to pan and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Add snap peas and pasta, thoroughly stirring until everything is mixed. Season with salt and pepper if desire and serve.

[/print_this]

Clearly you should not ask us for marriage advice. But if you’re wondering? I solve all problems with food.

99 Responses to “Ginger Lime Shrimp and Noodles.”

Natalia - a side of simple — February 9, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

The way to a man’s sense is his stomach. Forget what they say about heart.

• Jessica — February 9th, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

No doubt!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — February 9, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

Chris Hansen LOL! Poor Mr. How Sweet!?

I injured myself last week and have been ordered to *rest*, which means I haven’t been *allowed* to do any cookin.. UGHHHHHHH! This recipe looks SO yummy and I want to make it SO bad. I have everything I need, but I think B would have my head if he saw me in the kitchen this week. As soon as I’m back to my old self I’ve gotta try this out.

This recipe reminds me of my cilantro lime shrimp recipe, but on steroids and minus the cilantro. Mushrooms, shrimp and snap peas… YES PLEASE. I am dying for some homemade food !! Someone help me ! lol

Salah@myhealthiestlife — February 9, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

I’m definitely making this asap

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — February 9, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

This looks like such a great healthy meal! I actually always have frozen shrimp on hand – can’t wait to try this!

Brooke — February 9, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

This looks soooooo goooood! Especially since i had an Asian noodle fail last night at dinner.

• Jessica — February 9th, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Hahaha oh man!

Cara @ The Boys Made Me Do It! — February 9, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Definitely putting this on the menu for dinner and soon!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — February 9, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

Naturally I could live off of hummus any old day but THIS is what I would truly want to live off of!

Allison@ Novice Life — February 9, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

Yum this looks fantastic!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — February 9, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

Love this dish! One of these days I will convince my husband that he likes shrimp.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 9, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

i love dishes that you can multitask the different parts of…cook shrimp while pasta cooks–so simple and delicious!

Tracy — February 9, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

Haha, hilarious. And this dish look so lovely! I definitely want to make it for dinner this week, sans peanuts of course. :-)

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 9, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

Wow, Jessica, this just looks wonderful! So light and easy and I bet SO flavorful. Thanks for sharing!

Lora @cakeduchess — February 10, 2011 @ 12:55 am

Love the stache story!!LOL. I wouldn’t like my hubs to grow one out either! These noodles look fabulous. Love the flavors:)

Jenna — February 10, 2011 @ 1:13 am

AMAZING! You create the most amazingly wonderful recipes! My boyfriend LOOOVES your chicken recipes (he’s sounds a bit like Mr. How Sweet…no meal is complete without meat!). When I told him I got the recipes from a food blog, he demanded I show him who this amazing cook was :) I will be making this for us very soon. And for my girlfriends…I can’t think of anything better than your dark chocolate cupcakes with the white chocolate ganache and candied bacon! My friend has been having a rough time lately, and for her and me, no food it too rich or sweet! Ahh…the bonds we create with people over delicious food. However, I think I may like peanut butter and bacon more than bacon and chocolate, but we will see!!!

• Jessica — February 10th, 2011 @ 3:30 am

Thank you so much for reading Jenna!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — February 10, 2011 @ 1:47 am

Thank you for using the term “crustache”. :)

• Jessica — February 10th, 2011 @ 3:30 am

Best term ever.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 10, 2011 @ 10:20 am

That looks divine! I love shrimp with pasta and veggies. :D

Lisa {Smart Food and Fit} — February 10, 2011 @ 11:24 am

Great combination Ginger and Lime, almost makes you forget it’s winter!

sheila — February 10, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

Now those are some rockin’ shoes, just the kind a ‘Jersey Girl” would wear! Enjoy and wear them proudly!

Fiona — February 12, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

Wow. So you withhold food from your husband in order to get him to comply with your wishes? How very abusive. That’s pretty disgusting.

• Jessica — February 12th, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

I know, I’m such a witch aren’t I? Especially since my 37 year old husband can’t feed himself. He starved for weeks! Good thing I’m back to spoon feeding him now.

Ian @ All Things Ginger — February 18, 2011 @ 11:46 pm

Ginger and seafood – a match made in heaven!

Nicole — February 20, 2011 @ 11:15 pm

I’ve been eye-ing your recipes and mouthwatering photos for a while now and have finally gotten around to trying something. I made this for dinner last night and YUM! Healthy and tasted delicious! The leftovers for lunch today tasted even better. The only thing- I didn’t like the mushy texture the shrimp took on. I think it was probably due to the lousy shrimp I used (precooked shrimp ring). Next time I’ll try using uncooked jumbo shrimp and hope that solves the problem.

Thanks, I look forward to trying more of your recipes!

• Jessica — February 21st, 2011 @ 3:05 am

So glad you liked it!

Karen — March 1, 2011 @ 3:23 am

I made this recipe tonight and both my husband and I thought it turned out great! Thanks!

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 3:42 am

Glad you liked it! :)

Lonita — May 30, 2013 @ 10:32 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe. My shrimp are in the marinade, and I’ve prepped all of my veggies. Making this tomorrow for a going away lunch. Can’t wait to taste it. Also going to do the marinade on salmon and chicken cutlets at a later time.

Tel — February 19, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

Thinking about making this tonight, but substituting the EVO with either coconut or sesame oil for a little more Asian flare. Bet the coconut-ginger taste would be awesome.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Ginger Lime Shrimp and Noodles | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #60 – Ginger Lime Shrimp and Noodles « Ella Rose Entertaining

3. Pingback: What's for dinner? - Page 51 - CurlTalk