Today we spent a million dollars on my (only 3-year old) car unexpectedly.

Well, okay not that much.

Yes, I’m unnecessarily dramatic.

But the best part was that I was stranded at my parents all day where I took a 2 hour nap and ate fun things that were laying around that we never have in our house. Then I started to have convulsions since I didn’t have my laptop and my phone died. It was wonderful.

No matter what day or time, the minute I walk into my parents house the first thing I do is look in the fridge. I can’t be the only one. Food tastes so much better at home.

69 Responses to “Today Was Fun. Not.”

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com — March 31, 2011 @ 10:19 am

In the market for a new car so dying to know what kind of car you have that died at only 3 years old!!!! :(

• Jessica — March 31st, 2011 @ 10:23 am

Oh my car didn’t die! I have a Honda CRV and love it – it’s been wonderful. I had a nail in the sidewall of my tire, and since its AWD and the tires were halfway used they had to replace all 4. Also needed new brakes, but it was time for that!

• Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com — March 31st, 2011 @ 10:24 am

Ok! I feel better!!! :) Glad you got it all fixed…wish it had been free! :)

• Jessica — March 31st, 2011 @ 10:26 am

I should also add that this all happened while getting it inspected, which also added to the costs. :)

Rebecca — March 31, 2011 @ 11:20 am

That is the exact same thing I do too! I live across the country now, so whenever I fly home, the minute I walk in the door I go straight to the fridge and freezer. Unfortunately I find that now that my sister has moved out too there is not nearly as much fun stuff as there was when we lived there.

Glad to hear that things are better with your car! I’ve been thinking of getting a CRV when I get a new one, so glad to hear that you like it!

Jess — March 31, 2011 @ 11:30 am

i just had to spend an ungodly amount on my car as well. i wish i had been able to go to my parents house and scour their kitchen for goodies. instead i stocked up on russel stover chocolate marshmallow eggs. they make it all better.

Alisa — March 31, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

i go straight to my mom’s fridge. even her leftovers taste better than mine! this weekend, i already have a trip planned, because i know she made a big pot of chicken corn rivel soup this past weekend… YUM!

• Alisa — March 31st, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

she made it yesterday. duh. not this past weekend. because that means it would be a week old. and totally not safe.

• Jessica — March 31st, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

LOL! Gotcha. :)

Kelly — March 31, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

Oh I totally agree…the same food tastes better out of my mom’s fridge than my own…maybe because I don’t pay for it?! haha!

tabs — March 31, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

I catch SO MUCH flack for every. single. time. opening the fridge at my parents house every. single. time. I go over.

Why wouldn’t I? I gotta know what they are eating and if I want any of it, right?

Plus, isn’t that what parents are for?

So glad I’m (clearly) not the only one. :)

Maranda — March 31, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

Eh. My parents don’t cook. You are lucky yours do. The Hubble’s parents on the other hand…

jane litterini — March 31, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Hi Jessica, There is nothing quite like going home. It is a safe and comfortable spot!!! Whether you open the refrigerator or not. Love you blog
    Jessica
    Jane Litterini

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner — March 31, 2011 @ 11:16 pm

Hehe, food always tastes better at home! :D

Chrissy — April 2, 2011 @ 3:08 pm

Actually, my BFF does that to me! The first thing she does is open the fridge and rummage around. I think it’s cute.

Kate — April 2, 2011 @ 4:40 pm

I always zip strait to the kitchen when I’m at my parents’. I had no idea other people did this. :) Their cupboards always seem to have better things in them than ours do! My husband thinks it’s rude, but I think that it’s a testament to how comfortable I feel at home (and how delicious their food is).

cheryl — April 5, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

My husband does the same thing I have noticed at his parent’s house. He’s married with children! I thought maybe because I didn’t have “good stuff” at our house. Guess it’s normal!