Last fall, I had my first falafel with Ashley and Abby.

It was one of the best moments of my life. Why had I never tried it before?

Want to know what’s even worse? I haven’t had it since! Problems, people. Big problems.

So when Andrea posted some delicious looking falafel yesterday, I instantly knew what I was making for dinner tonight. Except I couldn’t wait. I had to have it for lunch.

And since falafel does not a meal make for Mr. How Sweet, I’m getting it all to myself and having more for dinner. It is SO delicious. But you have to check out Andrea’s recipe and pictures because they blow these out of the water. And I’m not just saying that because I have a huge girl crush on her. But I do. She is the best writer on the web and makes me pee my pants laughing. Sorry, is that too much information?

32 Responses to “Lunch and Dinner.”

Kristina @ spabettie — April 5, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

don’t we ALL have a girl crush on Andrea?? :)

these look deeelicious!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 5, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I want to eat that now please.

Mary @ Stylefyles — April 5, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Yum! looks fantastic! I just had my first falafel too! Probably about a month ago!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — April 5, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

These look amazing. Tony hates when we don’t eat the same thing for dinner, but I like it… more for me!

Ally (oatsandspice) — April 5, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

LOOKS AMAZING! I want to make some so bad right now!

Melissa — April 5, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

Andrea is totally crush-worthy. But then again, so are you, my dear!

mitzi @ my nikon eats food — April 5, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

its been wayyy too long since i’ve had a falafel!

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen — April 5, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I love falafel!! Totally making these.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 5, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

That looks so good! I haven’t had it in awhile, either. I have to get on that!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 5, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

mmm they look wonderfully light and fluffy, not the greasy and heavy ones that can be so disappointing. I definitely need to give these a try :)

Erika - Lenses&Limes — April 5, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

This could not have come at a better time. I have been craving falafel since last Friday.

Susan — April 5, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

LOVE falafal!!! i grew up in Detroit and ate VERY ethnically (if thats a word, LOL)! One of my best friends families had their own Lebanese Restaurant/Store and we would have something from there daily during high school! Will DEFINATELY try this recipe!

Gen — April 5, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

I’ve actually never tried falafel….always wanted to though!

Alexa @ Simple Eats — April 5, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

Falafel is one of my favorite meals. I’ve never made it on my own though. This is definitely my ideal lunch, too :)

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 5, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

man looking at these again I had a flashback to buying falafels on the streets of Cairo for 1 penny! They were so toasty and delicious. Why can’t food cost that much here?? :P

Megan — April 5, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

Wow, it makes me smile everyday thinking about how so many food bloggers I love are connected. I just found Andrea’s blog last week and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites, just like yours! Too cool

Mr. How Sweet It Is — April 5, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

If falafel was on the menu tonight, I was going to pick up Capital Grille on the way home from work.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — April 5, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

haha I heart falafel! I make a mean one but I love stalking other bloggers versions too!!! <3 on my way to check out andrea's! =)

xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Zoe — April 5, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

Wow, these look amazing!

sarah (sarah learns) — April 5, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

i’ve NEVER had falafel before! i don’t know why because i always think it looks so good when i see it! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 5, 2011 @ 8:37 pm

I saw that yesterday too and I’m making it tomororw night for dinner. Looks so good.

Jessica — April 5, 2011 @ 9:12 pm

I’m totally making these this weekend and also not sharing with the hubs. Once I told him what hummus was I thought he’d never eat it again. Turns out he’ll eat almost anything on a tortilla chip. Almost anything…
    And I agree- total girl/blog crush!! And your pictures are beautiful too :)

Hannah — April 5, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I haven’t had falafel in so long! Partly because it made me weird: I went through a phase of buying a packet mix, mixing a bit with water, microwaving it, then eating it with a spoon. For realz.

Ashley — April 5, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

Yay falafel!

Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] — April 6, 2011 @ 3:43 am

I LOVE FALAFEL!!!

Natalja — April 6, 2011 @ 6:15 am

First, when I tasted, I fall in love with them. I think, I’ll try your recipe!
    (Oh my god! I can’t read this awesome blogs like yours, because I don’t know, what will I try first!)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — April 6, 2011 @ 7:41 am

I am a big fan of falafel but have never made it because of ALL THAT OIL. These look wonderful. Thanks for sharing, and for introducing me to Andrea’s blog. She’s got a great story, and her posts look great. I love meeting new bloggers!!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — April 6, 2011 @ 9:32 am

I LOVE Andrea’s blog too!!! Her pics and recipes are phenomenal, and her posts crack me upppp. I did her lemon garlic tuna burgers last week and we adored them!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — April 6, 2011 @ 2:29 pm

AWH! Those look incredible! i love me some falafels! They remind me of my mom’s travels in Europe and Asia! :D

Maranda — April 6, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Yum! I love falafel! Jumping over to Andrea’s blog now.

Happy When Not Hungry — April 6, 2011 @ 8:58 pm

Love this! Have never made these before, but they look amazing!

Rachel — April 11, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Tried these tonight and they were amazing! I would have never attempted it before finding this recipe!