Hiiii.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

I was up waaaaay too late last night.

Every Sunday I’m hooked deep into HBO programming and before I know it, it’s 3AM, I’ve watched and rewatched multiple series’ episodes because I need to and I’m solidly invested in three TV relationships because seriously, it has to be real life. Like, I don’t even like vampire garbage but could Eric maybe just wear that leather coat and black jeans and visit me or bring me breakfast in bed or something (?) and I’m really wondering how the heck I can wake up and be Sookie in that crazy red number she wore last night and still eat an entire pie?

Very, very important things kept me up. I just couldn’t keep that to myself.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

I mean, I write this blog for one reason.

To tell you that fantastic food can be easy and fun! Right?

Well, and maybe because I need to talk to someone… anyone. All the time.

And because you totally understand why Eric and Sloan need to get back together and really, I know I’ve said it before but what in the world is going on with Ari and Dana and why do I like it so much?!

Annnnnd maybe because I’m hungry. All the time.

Have you ever been hungry alone? Not fun.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

And I’m all about sharing.

Well, honestly, I’m not. I hate sharing desserts. Unless we’re ordering six of them and I have adequate dessert to fill my plate and make me nauseated after the incoming sugar bomb. In that case, by all means… share away.

I just think that food tastes better when I tell you about it. It’s all kinds of magic happening. <– Yeah that!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

In related news… I made some enchiladas. Actually, I made these enchiladas here four weeks ago. But don’t worry, because I’ve already made them two more times.

They are lovely. A little spicy. A little cheesy. All the things dreams are made of. Perfectly filling for your Monday. I’m gonna make them again tonight and eat them while I watch more reruns and pretend I live inside the TV. Fun!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

adapted from my BBQ chicken enchiladas

makes 8 enchiladas

8 large whole wheat tortillas (my favorite are La Tortilla Factory!)

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

28 ounce can red enchilada sauce

1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (+ more depending on your tastebuds)

1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

5 green onions, chopped

1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and begin by whisking in 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce. Taste and adjust according to your desired level of heat – I added in 1/2 cup total. Set aside.

Add shredded chicken to a bowl with 2 green onions and 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese. Pour in about a 1/2 cup of enchilada/buffalo sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir until mixture comes together.

Pour a drizzle of enchilada/buffalo sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Take each tortilla and fill it with a few heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll each up and set it in the baking dish, seam side down. Pour another 1/2 cup or more of enchilada/buffalo sauce on top of tortillas and add remaining monterey jack cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Immediately after taking enchiladas out of the oven, add crumbled gorgonzola on top. Garnish with the remaining onions and cilantro and serve. Store the remaining sauce in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, and use if reheating enchiladas.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

You can come too. Just bring dessert.

164 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — August 22, 2011 @ 7:07 am

mmm, I love these because they will make leftovers too and you can enjoy them for days and days after. well maybe just one day, because who wouldn’t eat them all up?

I stopped watching entourage, but I still want eric and sloan to get back together!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 22, 2011 @ 7:07 am

I love the pic with the cilantro sprinkled everywhere…super POP off the page. I dig that one.

And staying up til 3am. Only 3am? That would be an early night for me. I am doing my best blogging work from 3-6am. Everyone else is asleep. No one needs me. The house is quiet. It’s totally perfect :)

It’s only 4:07am right now. I still have 2 more good hours :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 22, 2011 @ 7:09 am

TV is real life – and if it’s not, well then I’m really upset. And you don’t make me feel so bad about having pictures for a recipe on my computer for months at a time before sharing it anymore.

Siobhan — August 22, 2011 @ 7:22 am

If you try to tell me that there isn’t a town in Colorado named Everwood, or that Hotch isn’t busy keeping us from criminals over at the BAU in Quantico, we’re going to have real problems.

Thanks for the recipe–this looks SOOOOO good. I’m wondering if I can hoard the gorgonzola for the enchiladas meant just for me…

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — August 22, 2011 @ 7:23 am

I know what you mean about the whole TV relationships thing– except my shows are usually watched through my computer so my relationships occur at any time of my day! Crazy stuff

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — August 22, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Making these for the husband tonight. FOR REAL!!! :)

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 7:25 am

Let me know if you like them!

Jenn from Much to My Delight — August 22, 2011 @ 7:32 am

I’m from Texas, and therefore fancy myself some kind of an enchilada purist, meaning I don’t venture too far from the classic combos. Gotta say though, this one may convince me to think outside of the enchilada box sometimes. I bet that combo is deadly!!

Cassie (Bake Your Day) — August 22, 2011 @ 7:36 am

I actually made enchilladas last night and as I was making the filling I thought to myself that buffalo sauce would be an amazing addition! Love it!

stephanie @cookinfanatic — August 22, 2011 @ 7:36 am

OMG LOVE Eric. Love him. Albeit the red number scene turned a bit weird towards the end, but True Blood never seems to disappoint in the shock factor haha. These enchis sound awesome, love the gorgonzola cheese on there!

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy — August 22, 2011 @ 7:44 am

oh my goodness.. I LOVE mexican food, and adding buffalo to ANYTHING is a great idea. Cannot wait to try this recipe out! :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — August 22, 2011 @ 7:58 am

I can’t say I’m that into reality TV (I know it probably wounds your heart to hear that!) but I AM very into this recipe! The photos look gorgeous!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 22, 2011 @ 8:04 am

GASP. you would make these! they sound amazing…nate is now begging for them!

Lindsay Bressett — August 22, 2011 @ 8:07 am

true blood and your yummy recipes- one word- ADDICTING!!! Eric can bring me a pan of these anytime! haha

amanda @ fake ginger — August 22, 2011 @ 8:23 am

Sookie was ridiculous in that red outfit. I vowed to lose the baby weight within the next 3 months after seeing that!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 8:34 am

My cousin and I vowed to stop eating… like forever.

Angela (Oh She Glows) — August 22, 2011 @ 8:28 am

I was up way too late last night too. Totally regretted it this AM!

Jordana Russell — August 22, 2011 @ 8:31 am

Any suggestions on what to use in place of the enchilada sauce?? I doubt I can find that. These look sooo yummy and I know I have to make them. Soon.

Erica — August 22, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Fun twist on enchiladas buffalo sauce makes everthing yummy..ok, not everything but lots of stuff! I love ari and dana too! I loved the ending last night!!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 8:33 am

I know, I’m dying and wondering if they are going to end up together!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — August 22, 2011 @ 8:34 am

This looks delicious, I must make it soon! I am not a good dessert sharer at all, there has to be a LOT of dessert for me to be able to share.

Kathryn — August 22, 2011 @ 8:35 am

Simple and delicious, what more could anyone want?!

Kim in MD — August 22, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Vampires? No. Buffalo chicken enchiladas? Yes! My husband and children will love these. Your photos are stunning, Jessica!

Erin — August 22, 2011 @ 9:19 am

So I have no idea who Eric and Sloan are, but I too am hungry all the time but stink at sharing when it comes to desserts. And probably these enchiladas as well. But I think my bf would put up a good fight for these.

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — August 22, 2011 @ 9:20 am

My husband says “thank you”. Buffalo chicken anything is right up his alley.

Cait's Plate — August 22, 2011 @ 9:21 am

Okay. So I had Amy’s frozen enchiladas last night and was actually kind of proud of how appetizing I made them look. Then I read this. FAIL. Haha.

These look incredible.

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 9:28 am

I actually really like Amy’s enchiladas! Only frozen meal I’ve ever eaten.

• Cait's Plate — August 22nd, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Same! I RARELY eat frozen meals but hers are actually good :)

Angie — August 22, 2011 @ 9:22 am

These look fabulous! And yes, I want to wake up one day and be Sookie, too. Although I would SO be adding Alcide to last night’s dream sequence. Eric is uber-hot and Bill is intense and romantic, but Alcide just totally does it for me. When he stripped down to get into bed with that skank Debbie last night I think I gasped out loud (much to my husband’s amusement).

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 9:27 am

Oh tell me about it. He is from my area and I always hope I run into him… or something.

• Gina (Yogattude) — August 23rd, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

I love that you call Debbie “that skank” LOL!!!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — August 22, 2011 @ 9:23 am

These. Now please.
    I literally owe a large portion of my wedded bliss to you. I’m sure my husband says “thank you,” in advance.

Gen — August 22, 2011 @ 9:23 am

Aaaah you are making me hungry….and I can’t even make these because brazilians don’t do spicy, and therefore don’t sell monterey jack, enchilada sauce or buffalo wing sauce anywhere! boo

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 9:27 am

Ahhh… sad. :(

Kelly — August 22, 2011 @ 9:27 am

Perfect! I have some leftover chicken I need to use up…I am drooling over here!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — August 22, 2011 @ 9:32 am

Anything with buffalo sauce is a winner in our house. Definitely trying these this weekend when I’m actually home and can cook!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — August 22, 2011 @ 9:36 am

I was thinking that you made these at 3AM because you were hungry…alone. These look all nice and orangey and green and cheesy and yummy.
    Sleep well tonight!

Lisa | Life in Green — August 22, 2011 @ 9:40 am

Yum! I could eat an enchilada or taco every single day of my life.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — August 22, 2011 @ 9:44 am

Perfection. I want these for breakfast.

Sweet Bella Roos — August 22, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Yes, please! These look yummy!!!

Piper@GotItCookIt — August 22, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Thanks for putting all my favorite items in one dish! I buy my Frank’s Red Hot by the galloon at the business Costco near me. It’s shocking how much we go through. I’m going to try this.

Laurie @SimplyScratch — August 22, 2011 @ 10:08 am

These totally rock! Blue cheese is my life!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — August 22, 2011 @ 10:15 am

Oh lord do these look incredible!!! I don’t watch True Blood (I don’t have HBO, waahh!!!!) but I love seeing pictures of the guy who plays Eric in magazines, etc. He is beautiful.

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — August 22, 2011 @ 10:16 am

The enchiladas look fantastic, (I especially love the blue cheese on top!), and I can totally commiserate with your HBO obsession. This hasn’t been my favorite season of Entourage, but True Blood is definitely one of my favorite shows, and ohmygod Eric is definitely drool-worthy… as is Alcide. Can we just get rid of Bill? Not a fan.

Ann — August 22, 2011 @ 10:39 am

My brother in law will freak out if I make these for him. I might have to invite him over for dinner just to serve these.

Ashley — August 22, 2011 @ 10:43 am

Hiii, I’m coming over to steal/borrow your natural light. I’ll bring dessert.

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 11:10 am

I love this comment.

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — August 22, 2011 @ 10:47 am

TV is life.

CouponClippingCook — August 22, 2011 @ 11:01 am

Wow, do these ever look good. I love the idea of adding the buffalo wing sauce too…..and the gorgonzola cheese. Great recipe.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — August 22, 2011 @ 11:12 am

Um…can I come over for dinner next time this is on the menu? Must eat a.s.a.p.!! Love buffalo anything!

Candace — August 22, 2011 @ 11:20 am

LOVE fusion food so much! What a great idea to do buffalo chicken in your enchiladas. Your photos capture them beautifully. Love the cilantro on top of the enchiladas. That’s such a nice touch. I’ve pinned these to try soon. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Meredith @ food, shoes, and booze — August 22, 2011 @ 11:22 am

oh my gosh.. this is something my boyfriend and I would both enjoy (that’s surprisingly tough to find).. might have to add it to the dinner menu! thanks!

alex — August 22, 2011 @ 11:26 am

seriously! sookie is looking pretty skinny this season. that red outfit! where do I find it?!?

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — August 22, 2011 @ 11:27 am

I just watched True Blood for the first time last month… as in… I started with episode 1 last month and am now sadly caught up ?! Dang that was fast. …but it’s just so good. Best part: my husband and Eric could be related :D

PS Your ench’s sound deeelish. I need to whip some up this week to restock the freezer’s man-food section. Also, props for making them look so pretty ?! I need to take some notes.

Amanda — August 22, 2011 @ 11:54 am

You just made me so happy! I have been CRAVING buffalo chicken wings, but they are so calorie loaded, but this I can make and eat and not feel as “guilty” YUM YUM!

megly — August 22, 2011 @ 12:36 pm

I love the Ari and Dana thing, too!! He actually seems happy with her….I just want Ari to be happy.. :P haha.

These look soo good – your recipes haven’t let me down yet!

PJ — August 22, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

OH. MY. GOD.

PJ — August 22, 2011 @ 1:16 pm

OH. MY. GOD. How in love with you am I? Just found your blog a few weeks ago and have been devouring it little by little every day from the beginning. Good food and good humor are two of the most important things in my life and that is exactly what YOU are! I will declare that next to Kathy Griffin, you are the funniest skinny girl I’ve ever come across!!!! I love your whole food/fitness philosophy, um, hello, can I please be you??
    Keep it up, you are awesome!! I’m totally adding you to my Pinterest Board that I have titled: ~Blogs I Love AKA “my pretend internet friends”~
    Love, love, love you!!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Thanks, glad you found me!

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — August 22, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

Oh boy.. I think food tastes better when you put up some gorgeous/mouth-watering photos of it! I need to make these asap-my bf would LOVE them/me for them.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas « The Hoot Eats

2. Pingback: Stuff I’m Loving Around the Interwebz, Vol 2 « Confections of a Food Bitch

3. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas « Confections of a Food Bitch

4. Pingback: Eggplant, Olive, and Caper Crostini + Weekly Menu | Prevention RD

5. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas | Branny Boils Over

6. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas | Prevention RD

7. Pingback: Stacked Enchiladas | Roasted Vegetable Enchilada Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

8. Pingback: Fall Recipe To-Do List « gatsby & glitter

9. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas | Ruf Love

10. Pingback: Real Quick « Project 11

11. Pingback: Excuses To Shop, Thanksgiving, and Baileys. | It's Unbeweavable!

12. Pingback: The Novice Chef » Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas