I can’t think

makes 2 big shakes

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 ounces bourbon

1/2 cup hot fudge + 2 tablespoons

At the bottom of each glass, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot fudge. In a blender, combine milk, ice cream, vanilla extract, bourbon and about 1/4 cup of hot fudge. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and top with bourbon whipped cream + a another tablespoon of hot fudge.

Note: hot fudge milkshakes have been one of my family’s summer staples my entire life. They are MUCH better than regular chocolate milkshakes, and I highly encourage you to try one sans bourbon too!

Bourbon Whipped Cream

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tablespoon bourbon

1 tablespoon sugar

Whip ingredients together in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Top shakes. [I used this neat thing my brother got me for Christmas one year.]

Pinterest is killing me.

103 Responses to “Hot Fudge Bourbon Milkshakes.”

My Favourite Day Is Sunday — August 22, 2011 @ 4:49 am

Hi,
    I love your blog!
    You are one of my favourite bloggers of the week on http://www.funkysunday.com
    Come and visit!
    My Favourite Day Is Sunday

Jessica — August 22, 2011 @ 10:35 am

is it wrong to want one of these at 9am? I think not

• Toya — August 25th, 2011 @ 11:35 am

absolutely NORMAL!

• Rory — November 13th, 2011 @ 5:54 am

I was wondering that myself :)

Mary — August 22, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I’m from Kentucky so i think that means I HAVE to make these – right? They look delicious! Makes me want some bourbon balls too.

• Anita — August 23rd, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

YES! With Bourbon Balls. How perfect is that?? I think you’re my new BFF, Mary. We’re practically neighbors after all, I’m in WV.

• Mary — August 30th, 2011 @ 10:51 am

Yes, I was wondering if it would be overkill, but who are we kidding? You can never have too much bourbon and chocolate! :)

Katharine — August 22, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

That’s it.

This does it.

I can no longer read your blog if I want to regain my dangerously expanding waistline and not die of envy.

(I say this to myself every time you post. Every. Single. Time. I figure that if I put it in writing it might actually stick… but probably not.)

Lyn @LovelyPantry — August 22, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. *drooling*

Tracy — August 22, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

This is awesomesauce. Wish I had this for a midnight snack! ;-)

Tiff @ Babes and Kids — August 23, 2011 @ 12:18 am

I wish I could eat one of your pictures, sadly I cannot. Instead I’ll bookmark this one and try it SOON!

Paula @ Dishing the Divine — August 23, 2011 @ 2:40 am

I’m not a bourbon fan, but I AM a hot fudge fan, which means there’s a high chance that I’d love this (even if I don’t include the bourbon!). :)

Kita — August 23, 2011 @ 8:20 am

Bourbon is so my sweet drink love affair. I totally feel like I’m in the wrong generation when I order but whew, its delicious. These look like I could get fat kid tipsy on them :D

Leah — August 23, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

Wow, I’m going to make this tonight! Yum!

Toya — August 23, 2011 @ 8:05 pm

It’s a blistering 98 degrees and you have just helped me decide what’s for diner :O)

The Undercover Cook — August 23, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Oh these look dangerous! It is massively hot here, I think I NEED one! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Jen B — August 24, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

Sweet holy moly.

Kat @ living like the kings — August 26, 2011 @ 8:07 am

My initial comment as I was reading this was, OH MY GOSH How do you come up with this stuff! And then I saw Pinterest……aka the hole into which I’ve officially been sucked in to

Kerry — August 28, 2011 @ 7:42 am

These milkshakes are so wrong they’re right…. yum!

Shaina — August 31, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

Now this is my idea of dessert.

Kellie — September 1, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

I’m a little late commenting on this but have you ever had a Guiness Milkshake!? because that topped with that bourbon whipped cream would be phenom!

Megan's Cookin' — October 25, 2011 @ 10:25 am

If pictures are worth a thousands words, then these pictures say a million! You have pure bliss here in a glass.

cynthia — December 3, 2011 @ 12:14 am

Just made these. AMAZING! And that’s without the whipped cream topping (which I didn’t have). Thanks for sharing your family’s recipe!

ka ka — January 14, 2012 @ 12:14 am

Im hungry

Mesababe58 — May 19, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

Drooling, Salivating, Drooling !!!!!!! Yum !!!!

Beverly — August 4, 2012 @ 11:38 am

I just wanna know how I can get on your brother’s Christmas gift list!!! :)

NationalBillboardHot10 — March 21, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. National Billboard Hot 100 http://www.dunlopoutdoor.com/bbs/showtopic-32953.aspx

what do you think — April 21, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Like any exercise program, it takes a little more generic, you might wonder, Is one night of pleasure really worth it So instead
    of going out there and maybe something will
    stick. Farmacia On Line is the brand name for sildenafil citrate, doesn’t mix well with other substances, which means that the Tab is the first site I check in the morning, heed the angels’ warning.

Because Farmacia On Line relaxes the muscle that lines the blood vessels leading into it.

1. Pingback: Sunday Summary August 21, 2011 | Clare Cooks!

2. Pingback: Sunday Summary August 21, 2011 « Clare Cooks!

3. Pingback: Design Crush » Hot Fudge Bourbon Milkshake

4. Pingback: {Weekly Roundup} | Fab Over Fifty Style Blog

5. Pingback: Hot File Preview » bourbon

6. Pingback: Yesterday was Thursday. « Girl of Cardigan

7. Pingback: Link Roundup « 52 Foods

8. Pingback: Miss Moss : Food & Art

9. Pingback: Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms. | Lifestyle Pins

11. Pingback: Round Up: Ice Cream & Alcohol | Pink Basil

12. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Lifestyle Pins

14. Pingback: Tuesday Things. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

15. Pingback: Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops. | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: 26 Boozy Milkshakes That Know How To Party | シ最愛遲到.!

17. Pingback: Food – 26 Boozy Milkshakes That Know How To Party | Everything Cool

18. Pingback: T.G.I.F. #5 |

19. Pingback: Roasted Cherry Bourbon Milkshakes with Hot Fudge | How Sweet It Is

20. Pingback: Roasted Cherry Bourbon Milkshakes with Hot Fudge.

21. Pingback: Cocktails and Movies presents “Take Out Theatre”: The Perks of Being A Wallflower | Cocktails And Movies

22. Pingback: Yesterday was Thursday. - Girl of Cardigan - Girl of Cardigan - building a life on the loveliness of good yarn, a great city, and an uncontainable God

23. Pingback: Holidays Part 2 |