Tonight I’m sharing this peanut butter pie with you in hopes that you will make it this weekend and share it with those you love.

Please take a moment to support a fellow blogger who is suffering a great loss.

Life is short.

Give thanks.

Give hugs.

Eat pie.

40 Responses to “Say I Love You with Peanut Butter Pie.”

Casey — August 12, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

I have no words to even describe my sympathy for Jennie’s loss, I’m looking forward to making a peanut butter pie in memory of her husband

Vanessa — August 12, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

having been one to know sudden loss more than one should know it, your simple but sweet and heartfelt post sums up everything that life should be.

Sweet and Savvy — August 12, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

It Is wonderful That you’ve done this! <3 the pie looks great too!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 12, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

My heart goes out to Jenny. I will be making this pie over the weekend.

Sam — August 12, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

I’m so sorry for her loss. I cannot even imagine. I don’t have the ingredients tonight but I will be running to the store tomorrow for them. And tonight, when he gets home from work he’ll be getting a big hug. Along with all of my other loved ones I see this week, and the next… and the next…

Jess — August 12, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Yuuuuummmm! I may just be drooling!

xo jess

VeggieGirl — August 12, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Oh my goodness :(

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — August 12, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

This is very sweet of you to post :)

samantha — August 12, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

haven’t heard “ain’t no thang” in a million years. thanks for reminding me!

Laura @ Special Treats — August 12, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

I have been reading this all over the blog world today. Thanks for posting. I will def. be making a PB pie this weekend…one of my fav. desserts as well. Life is so precious…live in every moment and never forget to say “I love you.”

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — August 12, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

Life is precious…. Moment has been taken.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 12, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

I have seen similar posts all week. My heart has been heavy for this woman.

Thank you for blogging about her loss. She has been in my thoughts and prayers all week.

My deepest sympathies to her and her family.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — August 12, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

I am so amazed at how much the blogging community is there in support of Jennie’s loss. This community that I am also part of, ROCKS!

We love you Jennie.

Cait's Plate — August 12, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

Ugh, I just read. My heart is breaking.

jenninfrisco — August 12, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

so heart breaking to hear of her loss. makes the grudge i have been holding against my husband seem extremly trivial. i’m going to go hug him and my kids. pb pie on the menu this weekend. thank you for sharing this post.

Audrey — August 12, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

my prayers are with her and her family

Kaitlyn — August 12, 2011 @ 11:39 pm

thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. can’t even imagine what that must be like. can’t wait to make this pb pie to help me remember the important things in life.

Morgan — August 13, 2011 @ 12:24 am

Such a sad story. My godmother made this pie tonight as well. We shared a big hug when I came home from work.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — August 13, 2011 @ 1:09 am

My pie is made and is sitting in the fridge to be eaten tomorrow. I’ve just published my post.
    My heart is very, very heavy for Jennifer and her girls.
    No explanations, just an emptiness and many, many tears.
    Thank you, Jessica.

Kathryn — August 13, 2011 @ 5:29 am

I’ve loved seeing all these pie posts today – it shows what an amazing community we have going on here and it is such a fitting tribute to Mikey.

Jennifer — August 13, 2011 @ 8:07 am

Having just gotten married less than 3 weeks ago, I feel deeply for Jennie. I absolutely can’t imagine my life without my guy. And, he loves everything peanut butter too. I will make this pie this weekend in memory of Mikey. Praying for Jennie and her family.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — August 13, 2011 @ 8:23 am

Such a sad reminder to never take the ones we love for granted. I’m thinking of her.

Krystina (Organically Me) — August 13, 2011 @ 8:39 am

It’s so sweet that you posted this. I just heard about it this morning and it broke my heart.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — August 13, 2011 @ 9:24 am

Great post, my heart breaks for Jennie.

Lauren — August 13, 2011 @ 10:23 am

Wonderful of you to post Jessica…thank you for sharing. My thoughts, prayers and love goes out to Jennie and her family.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — August 13, 2011 @ 11:34 am

I love that the community is supporting Jennie in this way. I had not had the opportunity to read her blog until now, but my heart breaks for her and her family.

Kendra — August 13, 2011 @ 11:56 am

That hurts my heart. Prayers are with Jennie and her family.

april — August 13, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

This is my hubbys favorite too & I will def make it this wknd in memory of her husband. It’s a very nice & supportive thing you’ve done by posting this. I don’t know what its like to lose a husband but I’ve lost a daughter. I know how it feels to lose someone so a part of you. Any support from anyone makes it seem like maybe we aren’t so alone in our sorrow. I will be praying for her family, that they will know there is a light at the end of the long dark bumpy ride through the darkest of tunnels

Ashley — August 13, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

I am so sorry for her loss and I hope one day soon she can start to feel like herself again. I will be sure to make this pie. You are so kind to post this for a friend.

Roxana GreenGirl — August 13, 2011 @ 3:32 pm

when I found out about her loss I felt so powerless. we never know what the next second might bring.
    I’ve made earlier today some peanut butter treats and shared with my family and neighbors.

Lisa @ www.bakedinmaine.com — August 13, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

So very very sad…..
    But very very SWEET of everyone to make this in his memory.
    ~Peace & Love!

Molly — August 13, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

I was upset with my husband for most of the day yesterday. After reading this, I woke him up at 2am to apologize and let him know he’s important. Thanks for reminding me. My heart goes out to Jennie and everyone else that knew Mikey.

After I lost my mom (the closest person to me) the thought that got me through the worst was how fortunate I had been to have the sort of relationship with her that would hurt so much to lose. I hope that with time Jennie can think of him again and be happy.

Katie @ ohshineon.wordpress.com/ — August 14, 2011 @ 12:32 am

his favorite thing incorporated peanut butter. great man, if you ask me.

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking — August 14, 2011 @ 1:13 am

This is so sad … but it was really nice of you to do this. Her post was heartfelt.

Molly @ RDexposed — August 14, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

This is speaking to me this weekend. Sometimes we need to slow our life down and even turn off our phones and computers.

Ann — August 14, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

A beautiful pie…a beautiful tribute.

Shauna — August 15, 2011 @ 12:06 pm

What a strong woman, life will come back to normal for her & her girls, Jenny is in my prayers.. and I cant wait to go home and make peanut butter pieeee :) *Weeeee* :) Thanksss for a great recipe both Jenny & Jessica

Caitlin — September 14, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

I have this in my fridge right now, the filling tastes incredible (no, I didn’t lick the spoon as I poured it into the crust…..3 times….)!

1. Pingback: Life is Short — Through My Looking Glass