True Story.

I definitely did not lay in my bed last night and watch 4 episodes of Newlyweds on DVD.

sneaky bed photo while my husband elbows me in the face.

And I really didn’t spend 35 minutes searching for all of my Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey CDs.

And after I couldn’t find In This Skin or SoulO (which I definitely don’t own), I am pretty sure that I didn’t sit listening to the iTunes store cuts of every.single.song because I was too cheap to shovel out another $10 for both CDs (that I definitely don’t already own).

Someone needs a life (and I’m pretty sure it isn’t me).

Would anyone like an adult beverage?

I'm deceiving.

How about now?

The little one is normal-sized.

That’s what I thought.

66 Responses to “True Story.”

Megan (Braise The Roof) — August 11, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

Well since you put it that way…I’ll take 2.

Jennifer - Somewhere In Between — August 11, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

After reading this, I am convinced we must be long lost twins… I can’t even count how many times I’ve watched & rewarched Newlyweds! I have no shame haha – glad to know I’m not alone in my eternal Nick & Jessica flame!

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — August 11, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

You are hysterical, and yes the newlyweds episodes are great. You’re not alone. Sad they couldn’t make it.

Lisa | Life in Green — August 11, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

Please tell me you’ve named that big martini guy.

joni-marie — August 11, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

ha I LOVE Irresistible!

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — August 11, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

I have all of Jessica and Nick’s CD’s except for their recent ones. No shame!

Sweet and Savvy — August 11, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

I loved the newlyweds with Jessica and Nick! They were great. :(

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — August 11, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

True story: I’m moving to your house and we can watch Newlyweds errrday while drinking martinis and listening to Nick Lachey and Jess Simpson.

megabrooke — August 11, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

they’re showing newlyweds on tv?! last night i finally watched the nick and vanessa wedding, and surprisingly, i really enjoyed it. i enjoyed her! i was always team jess…. but i really liked vanessa. she seems sweet and the two of them together really got the tears goin for me last night.
    and yup, dirty martini please, extra olives.

• Jessica — August 11th, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

Uhhhh no. I have [all of] the DVDs.

• megabrooke — August 11th, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

Duh, you said dvd. My bad! The thought of a cocktail distracted me!

Alaina — August 11, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Pour me a drink in that ginormous glass please! Thank you. :-)

Kristina @ spabettie — August 11, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

yee! I have one of those large martini glasses – I like to serve it to someone when I have people over. then it gets asked for. ;)

Michelle @ KissedBySweets — August 11, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Hahaha I love it! I want them back together again! Remember that song they did together, “Where You Are”?? I love it!!

Michelle

Holly — August 11, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

I LOVE Jessica Simpson!!!! I totally wish her & Nick stayed together forever! They were the cutest couple!! I don’t know if you have ever seen ‘Big Brother’ on TV, but one of the girls on there- ‘Jordan’ reminds me so much of Jessica Simpson & so does her boyfriend (he’s on the show too)- Jeff. I swear they could be the next Jessican & Nick…oh wait, I take that back..there could never be another couple quite like them! :)

Erin M. — August 11, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

I was totally just thinking about that show the other day, and also own the dvds. Might have to break those out again!

Cait's Plate — August 11, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

Ahahaha – I LOVED that show and own that Jessica Simpson CD :)

Danielle — August 11, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

We all have nights like that.
    I’m glad you shared!

Lauren — August 11, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Next you need to watch all of the Britney Spears/K-Fed show “Chaotic.” It’s so awesome… I think you can get it on Netflix… or probably download it. It’s so delicious you won’t be able to stop… :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 11, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

LOL

In the 2002-03 era or whenever Nick & Jessica were on MTV on their Newlyweds show, Scott and I would watch it together. Ahhhh, life. B.K. (before kid) when we had time for those “deep thoughts” moments. lol

Lauren — August 11, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Ah get out!!! I just pulled out my Newlyweds DvD’s this week and I’ve been watching them during my morning runs. LoL, I used to LOVE this show. :)

Amanda — August 11, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

This post makes me smile. I may or may not watch Newlyweds (the ENTIRE season) every Christmas…I don’t know why I do it – but it makes me pretty happy. Slightly annoyed now that he did a tv special with his new wife, but we’ll ignore that. Jessica rocks.

Jennknee — August 11, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

Can we have a night discussing the finer details of Sweet Valley Twins..and what we like about Todd….then follow that with a marathon of Newlyweds??

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 11, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

Okay I’d have totally enjoyed watching those episodes with you – they cracked me up. I can’t imagine the new version w/whats her face will compare even remotely. Oh and that glass… yeah I want one but for now you’ll have to drink up and have mine as well ;) You don’t mind, right?

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons — August 11, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

Good thinking on buying a jumbo. Did you happen to buy its twin so I can join you? because i def did not pack up my kitchen only to possibly have my move date delayed… and i’m def not watching napoleon dynamite again right now =)

mwah

Lauren — August 11, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

You are my hero!!!!

Laurie — August 11, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Is this chicken or tuna? It says Chicken of the Sea…Bahahahha!!! And the buffafo wing episode…”I don’t want buffalo wings…ewww gross. I don’t eat buffalo…” Thanks for the reminder. I love her.

doniree — August 11, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Now I want to find out if Newlyweds is on Netflix…

Katie D — August 11, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Huh, I really think that we are twins separated at birth. I could watch Newlyweds over and over and over (my favorite is when she bought all the underwear and had no idea how much she spent – “$750!?!”). If it isn’t Newlyweds, then I’m always up for Dawson’s Creek – but really only the episodes when Joey and Pacey are dating.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — August 11, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

I have that same martini glass…I like to serve dips/salads in it. I have been tempted to use it as an actual drinking glass though.

Amanda — August 11, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

I certainly don’t need a life either. And I do NOT have In This Skin and have NOT been listening to it lately. Nope. Not at all.

Allison @ Novice Life — August 11, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

I couldn’t watch reruns of Newlyweds…I am still upset over their break-up :(

Elysha — August 11, 2011 @ 10:16 pm

I will never get over it. Never. They had a fairy tale wedding! They were cute! I’m convinced they still love each other. Brad and Jen too.

Megan — August 11, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

I am deeply hurt and confused by Nick and Jessica breakup…still.

Brittany — August 11, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

Gosh I love Nick and Jessica! What’s the point of this other girl, anyway? They are silly and should have never broken up. (PS. I LOVE SoulO. All of it. haha)

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel — August 11, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

im still obsessed with Newlyweds…in fact i wish they were still together just to make more episodes of their reality show- it was one of the best ever made! xoxo <3

Lisa @ www.bakedinmaine.com — August 11, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

I would LOVE a Dirty Martini in that BIG glass PLEASE!!!
    ;-)

Gillian — August 12, 2011 @ 6:31 am

It’s too funny that you posted this yesterday because the conversation that Nick and Jessica had about buffalo wings not being buffalo was in my head all night last night and prompted me to put all the dvds on Netflix. It also makes me wish that I had the dvds right now to watch them. I’m definitely not over the whole Nick and Jessica break up either; those two crazy kids should have been able to make it. “Where you are” showcases that.

Cheryl — August 12, 2011 @ 7:14 am

What a treat a vegan cookbook! I am vegan and subscribe to many blogs and your’s is my favorite, like I actually read the blog and click on all your favorite things. I share your receipes with my non vegan family…..I would love to get this cookbook for my daughter in law to cook for my beautiful granddaughter Sophia. Of course after I throughly look through it! Thanks for your blogs, they are so upbeat and happy and make my day.

Kathy Martin — August 12, 2011 @ 7:29 am

I could use this cookbook! I’ve been learning to cook from scratch and lots of healthy meals…this book would be so helpful!

Lisa — August 12, 2011 @ 7:41 am

You crack me up!!!!!

Elise — August 12, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Sounds like an AMAZING day! “Is chicken of the sea, like, chicken? or tuna??” lolol <3

Marsha A. — August 12, 2011 @ 7:55 am

Love your humor!! Your blog is the only one’s that I read in its entirety. The strawberry chickpea salad looks fantastic. I would love this book. My son is a vegeterian visiting home and I am trying to cook interesting meals for both of us to eat.

Michelle — August 12, 2011 @ 8:14 am

Thai veggie burgers……………………………….. mmmmmmmm, yum! And now I’m wishing for strawberries. See what you did?!? ;)

Skinny Fat Kid — August 12, 2011 @ 8:49 am

Haha, I haven’t seen Newlyweds in ages! Did you watch his new show with Vanessa Manillo? Didn’t he learn his lesson about broadcasting his relationships?

Tara @ The Butter Dish — August 12, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Jessica you are a riot lady! Sadly the little martini glass would have me under the table (and less than 1/2 full).

Cristy — August 12, 2011 @ 9:32 am

You are too funny! Shhh….I am a closeted Newlyweds owner/watcher too. It’s one of my dirty little secrets. I am so excited about this cookbook. I am always looking for new ways to get more veggies into our meals. This is perfect.

Dorothea — August 12, 2011 @ 9:33 am

I don’t own a good vegetarian cookbook and am totally lusting after this one!

Sherrie — August 12, 2011 @ 10:13 am

I’m right with you, give me sweets and keep the veggies please. There must be something to that vegetarian/vegan thing though, everyone is doing it (which I would tell my kids, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do, just because everyone else is doing it!) ;)

Carla — August 12, 2011 @ 10:38 am

I don’t know much about Nick and Jessica, but the recipes from the cookbook look delicious. I need to vary our meals, this book would certainly help.

Terry Middleton — August 12, 2011 @ 11:06 am

Oh I SO want to paint your martini glasses, cuz they’re bare neked, yes neked. :) Check out the martini glasses on my website!

Ally's Oma — August 12, 2011 @ 11:44 am

I’ve never eaten vegan….but I LOVE hilarity!!!! Now I’m dying for the cook book just to make me laugh….(being healthy would be second, but you have to start somewhere!)